Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?

Wow, the top twenty rated comments all say Kessel will be picked last

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"My prediction is Kessel AKA Mr. Softie, Dough Boy, KESper The Ghost, Captain Minus, Phat Phil, Invisible Man, Proven 40 Goal Scorer, Petr Klima 2.0. Has there ever been an All-Star that was -19 at the break?"

"$5 on Kessel. Can't imagine anyone would want a 1-way player on the team who's one way ain't that good!"

Brutal and I thought that this board was hard on him damn "Mr. Softie" still chuckling LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Just passing on the news that the All-Stars are into the round 10 of choosing up teams and Kessel still has his butt in a chair having not been picked.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Round 22 and still no Kessel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Check that!  It was the 22nd pick, not 22nd round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Overall, the show is pretty lacklustre.  The small talk in between mainly supplied by TSN knob James Duthie is lame.  I guess they have to fill the time somehow but the jokes and jabs between the players is much better.  Too bad they don't have more of it.  Only 6 forwards left with one of them you know who.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Last player picked and always #1 in your hearts...PK81

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Kessel is picked last hahahahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ha! last overall, priceless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He got a new car????? For being the worst plyer at the game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

For any who had bets if he would be picked last, you won some dough.  Phil Kessel just got chosen last by Team Lidstrom.  Loui Ericksson of the Stars and Paul Statsny were chosen ahead of him. 

Kessel just said it was "nerve-racking" waiting by himself but he just got a brand new Honda Hybrid for being the last pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Totally worth it to watch Ovie shooting video of him sitting alone as the last pick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?:
    [QUOTE]He got a new car????? For being the worst plyer at the game?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

He sounded more sheepish than usual, didn't he?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Where's bruins8 to brag about the car and the money donated to Kessel's favourite charity?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I cringe listening to this guy giving interviews.  He is as dumb as a rock, and always has that shait eating grin on his face.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Have to say it made me laugh to see he went last....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Just saw it. Actually felt sorry for Phil. I know he makes 5 mill a year but I do think that it was hard on him. Bet he said "fcuk the car!".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Can't wait to see what the papers up here make of Kessel being last player picked.  Hmm.  You were chosen last by your peers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I were picked last ina draft in which Patrick Sharp went before Jonathan Toews I wouldn't feel bad...I would do something about the hair though...He's a bald guy with hair

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]For any who had bets if he would be picked last, you won some dough.  Phil Kessel just got chosen last by Team Lidstrom.  Loui Ericksson of the Stars and Paul Statsny were chosen ahead of him.  Kessel just said it was "nerve-racking" waiting by himself but he just got a brand new Honda Hybrid for being the last pick.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    No shame in that. LE is one of the most underrated players in the NHL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I bet there are a lot of guys in the league that would have loved being picked last, but weren't good enough to make the All-Star team.

Yeah, yeah.  Each team sends one player.  Being the best player on an NHL team (unless we're talking about the '92-3 Sens) isn't really a dig.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'? : No shame in that. LE is one of the most underrated players in the NHL
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It wasn't meant as a shot against Kessel.  Just stating who was picked ahead of him which included Backes who was chosen ahead of Stastny and Ericksson. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I guess we could say his peers have spoken.
    I would have taken him much higher, simply because this is the perfect situation for him to shine (+/- doesn't count).
    The game itself is nothing more than shinny (which he could excel), and he has some serious talent that could help out in the skills contest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I bet there are a lot of guys in the league that would have loved being picked last, but weren't good enough to make the All-Star team. Yeah, yeah.  Each team sends one player.  Being the best player on an NHL team (unless we're talking about the '92-3 Sens) isn't really a dig.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Nobody in this league would have liked to be in this event and picked last. I'm guessing you never played competitive sports (that would explain a lot of your posts).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I bet there are a lot of guys in the league that would have loved being picked last, but weren't good enough to make the All-Star team. Yeah, yeah.  Each team sends one player.  Being the best player on an NHL team (unless we're talking about the '92-3 Sens) isn't really a dig.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You sure Kessel is deserving of an all-star bid?
    - 69th in the league in points (34)
    - 22nd in the league goals (19)
    - 5th worst +/- in the league (-19)
    - 3rd in his own lousy team in points

Case can easily be made that MacArthur (15-25-40 -3), Grabovski (20-17-37 +2) or Kaberle (2-28-30 -6) are more deserving Leafs than Kessel.

Watching him squirm was priceless tv.  For a moment, when Patrick Kane took to the podium to make the final pick, didn't you think he was considering passing?