Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?

In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'? : You sure Kessel is deserving of an all-star bid? - 69th in the league in points (34) - 22nd in the league goals (19) - 5th worst +/- in the league (-19) - 3rd in his own lousy team in points Case can easily be made that MacArthur (15-25-40 -3), Grabovski (20-17-37 +2) or Kaberle (2-28-30 -6) are more deserving Leafs than Kessel. Watching him squirm was priceless tv.  For a moment, when Patrick Kane took to the podium to make the final pick, didn't you think he was considering passing?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE] LOL, another good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'? : You sure Kessel is deserving of an all-star bid? - 69th in the league in points (34) - 22nd in the league goals (19) - 5th worst +/- in the league (-19) - 3rd in his own lousy team in points Case can easily be made that MacArthur (15-25-40 -3), Grabovski (20-17-37 +2) or Kaberle (2-28-30 -6) are more deserving Leafs than Kessel. Watching him squirm was priceless tv.  For a moment, when Patrick Kane took to the podium to make the final pick, didn't you think he was considering passing?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

This might be a bad thing.  The only way that had worked to get the kid to perform so far has been to bench him, then he takes it up to the notch he should bring every game.

Problem with Kessel is between his ears. I would hate to see him get his act together now and in time to hurt the next draft prospect.

I love to bash him because there isn't a player in the NHL who leaves as much talent on the table as Kessel does and that really irritates me.

I have a feeling that people who play this game, or at least have played the game look at Kessel and boil over with jealousy because you can't help but think that if you had that kind of talent what you would do with it.

And its such easy talent to understand - speed.  He can get the kind of space we used to when we played 3 on 3 street hockey.  Except he's the kid that shoots too often and the ball goes down the street and everyone stands around forever waiting for somebody to get the ball back.  Then everyone gets the idea - hey, you blast it wide like that and miss then YOU go get it.  Then he gets mad and goes home or if someone hits him he steals the ball and runs home so nobody can play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'? : This might be a bad thing.  The only way that had worked to get the kid to perform so far has been to bench him, then he takes it up to the notch he should bring every game. Problem with Kessel is between his ears. I would hate to see him get his act together now and in time to hurt the next draft prospect. I love to bash him because there isn't a player in the NHL who leaves as much talent on the table as Kessel does and that really irritates me. I have a feeling that people who play this game, or at least have played the game look at Kessel and boil over with jealousy because you can't help but think that if you had that kind of talent what you would do with it. And its such easy talent to understand - speed.  He can get the kind of space we used to when we played 3 on 3 street hockey.  Except he's the kid that shoots too often and the ball goes down the street and everyone stands around forever waiting for somebody to get the ball back.  Then everyone gets the idea - hey, you blast it wide like that and miss then YOU go get it.  Then he gets mad and goes home or if someone hits him he steals the ball and runs home so nobody can play.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

geez, come to think of it, he might emply that strategy at the all star game, he might take all the pucks and go home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Ahhhh guys/gals reading your comments this morning gave me a good laugh.  I couldn't watch it all as had my own game.
    I came on this board wanting to ear the Kessel lovers say " so what who cares about the Allstar anyway .... "  too bad cause they were all excited when he was named to the Allstar.
    I actually feel bad for him.

RHO has Burke spoke out yet like a father protecting his child ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Kessel went second to last and Paul Stastny went last, would there be any mockery?  I think it would be more "He's not a bad player, someone had to go last" and things like that.

(You KNOW I'm not a Kessel fanboy.  I'm just looking at the overall process instead of simply making fun of the guy...which I do on a regular basis.  Go Seguin! Go Knight!  Go next year's high pick!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]If Kessel went second to last and Paul Stastny went last, would there be any mockery?  I think it would be more "He's not a bad player, someone had to go last" and things like that. (You KNOW I'm not a Kessel fanboy.  I'm just looking at the overall process instead of simply making fun of the guy...which I do on a regular basis.  Go Seguin! Go Knight!  Go next year's high pick!)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]So lets all pretend it didn't happen the way it did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=94869

Come on !!!!  None of you feel for him ?

Come here Phil ... Come here Phil ... Come here Phil ... Come here Phil ... Come here Phil ...

LMAO ...   POOR KID.

Not only was he picked last but was he that deaf ????
    Now I know why he got benched,  he just doesn't hear !  Come on Julien you have no HEART !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The whole thing was painful, but great to watch:
    - No surprise he goes last
    - The Ovie cell phone video of Kessel sitting by himself
    - The other all-stars seemingly laughing at, not with, Kessel
    - The fact he scurries up the stairs to sit and gets called back for an interview
    - He is awarded a car for being the biggest chump
    - The car is more appropriate for a college-age girl than a multi-million dollar NHL "Star"

Only thing that could have made it more painful was if Duthie asked him on live tv what charity he would be donating the $20k to.  You know the deep-thinking Kessel had that one figured out, he may have actually spontaneously combusted at that point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

You summed it up perfectly, Crowls! I couldn't help but have a huge grin when I saw him squirming all alone on the floor!! PRICELESS!!!

I almost felt bad for him but then I realized it was only a lil' bit of gas I needed to pass!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Got this via twitter ~ apparently Brian Burke has suggested the last 5 players picked should be picked out of a hat !!! ~ i guess he didn't like all the focus that was put on Kessel .........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Got this via twitter ~ apparently Brian Burke has suggested the last 5 players picked should be picked out of a hat !!! ~ i guess he didn't like all the focus that was put on Kessel .........
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

I knew he would come out and protect his hcokey "son"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I actually felt bad for him.  It was humiliating.  Nobody wanted him on their team.  He doesnt belong there, everyone knows it including himself.  He was trying to laugh but he really wanted to cry.  Did you see the "shot" they took at BB?  It was HILARIOUS!

With that said, Kessel is MADE for the All-Star game.  Bet he scores at least 2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I actually felt bad for him.  It was humiliating.  Nobody wanted him on their team.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Did you feel bad for Stastny?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone up for some Kessel Bashin'? : Did you feel bad for Stastny?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Stastny never got picked LAST, don't you get it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//RHO has Burke spoke out yet like a father protecting his child yet ? //

Legion - I haven't heard anything from Burke yet but the Toronto Sun did have this headline across the top of today's sports section with a pic of Kessel: "LAST MAN SITTING - Kessel waited and waited at the all-star draft until there was no one left but him."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2011/01/28/17079391.html

From today's Toronto Sun.  To be honest, I thought Kessel would have been picked much earlier with the all-star game having next to no defensive play.  That's right up his alley.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RHO seems like Burke has tweeted some comments.  See Miller's comments earlier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO seems like Burke has tweeted some comments.  See Miller's comments earlier.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Legion.  Didn't see Miller's post.  Not surprised Burke's defending Kessel.  He's always seemed to have his players' backs but especially with Kessel and anything even remotely negative connected to the acquiring of him.  

I think I heard this week that the Leafs are 2 points ahead of last year's near cellar-dwelling club after the same amount of games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

He defends Kessel so much, because Kessel takes so much crap, and in turn Burke takes a ton of crap because he traded so much away for him.  He HAS to defend Kessel, because if he doesnt, not only is he a player on his team but he is THE player he went after the most aggressively and spent arguably the most on.  He is defending HIMSELF more than he is defending Kessel. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]He defends Kessel so much, because Kessel takes so much crap, and in turn Burke takes a ton of crap because he traded so much away for him.  He HAS to defend Kessel, because if he doesnt, not only is he a player on his team but he is THE player he went after the most aggressively and spent arguably the most on.  He is defending HIMSELF more than he is defending Kessel. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE] Good points, very true.