Anyone watch the Blackhawks-Blue Jackets game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Anyone watch the Blackhawks-Blue Jackets game?

Found myself alone with the tube last night, what a terrific game. I was sure that the streak was going to end at the hands of the Blue Jackets, especially after that sick goal by Johansson...Look no further than the OT goal to see what an amazing player Jonathan Toews is. he is as complete as they come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Anyone watch the Blackhawks-Blue Jackets game?

I watched a decent part of it.  I couldn't believe that Columbus was up 1-0 and then gave up the PP goal from a too many men penalty.  How dumb.

The Carcillo/Niskinin fight was good to see, but I'm pretty bothered by the penalties.  Niskinin drops his gloves and goes right after Carcillo.  That is 100% instigation.  They gave him unsportsmanlike instead.  This isn't a "how did he miss that" or "how did he call that" point.  It's a "how does that make sense" point.

The refs clearly didn't want to boot Niskinin, so they gave him a softer penalty.

Or they just hate Carcillo. 

Either way, it's not a subjective call.  Carcillo threw the big hit.  Niskinin didn't like it.  Niskinin skated over and started the fight.  INSTIGATED the fight.  2-5-10 The Gate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree, i thought the same thing its like a wave of black clouds over the opposition to the hawks, but all in all was a good game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Missed it but was followoing the score on my cell. I've been watching many Blackhawk games and as mentioned on the other thread I don't see any team beating them in the West.  They went into St Louis , San Jose, Anaheim, Vancouver , Detroit and beat them all . I thought the other night in St Louis , since Blues already lost once to the Hawks ,  would be the night they lose , just wasn't the case at all.   

Maybe only in Detroit because it's a rivalary ?  Even though the Wings might be a weaker team they always play well against the Blackhawks.

Here's a team ,  the Blackhawks ,  that will be lucky with the new realignement with their nemisis , Detroit , leaving their Conference.  Pretty much lesser competition .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All I know the big question the 1979-1980 Flyers went 25-10 and is still the record.

The Hawks today are ( 18-0-0-3 ?), if the hawks go 35 gms. will it be a tie record, with todays point system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I watched a decent part of it.  I couldn't believe that Columbus was up 1-0 and then gave up the PP goal from a too many men penalty.  How dumb.

The Carcillo/Niskinin fight was good to see, but I'm pretty bothered by the penalties.  Niskinin drops his gloves and goes right after Carcillo.  That is 100% instigation.  They gave him unsportsmanlike instead.  This isn't a "how did he miss that" or "how did he call that" point.  It's a "how does that make sense" point.

The refs clearly didn't want to boot Niskinin, so they gave him a softer penalty.

Or they just hate Carcillo. 

Either way, it's not a subjective call.  Carcillo threw the big hit.  Niskinin didn't like it.  Niskinin skated over and started the fight.  INSTIGATED the fight.  2-5-10 The Gate.

Watched the game as well and thought the Blue Jackets gave the Hawks all they could handle. As far as Carcillo goes, there is no question the refs don't like him and give him cheap ones because of who he is. Marchand was getting into that area as well but thankfully seems to have changed his game a bit and doesn't yap at the refs as much and they are leaving him alone.