Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game

Wow, does Chicago ever look good. They are fast, relentless, and highly skilled. I really hope that the B's meet them in the finals, as it would be a great match up. IMO they outplayed the RedWings, but the RWs made them pay for their mistakes, hence the OT game. 

It'll be good to see how they stack up against them tonight. I'll be watching. Advantage should be with the Bs as Chicago is flying in after a tough game. Toews might be playing as good as anyone in the league right now. We'll see if Chara can slow him down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game

let's hope they are good and tired after such a fast-paced, high energy game! they did look very good. should be a good measuring stick for the b's. if they skate, they can play with any team in the league(see phi & van). i hope TT gets the start tonight, and tuukka gets the leafs start. we'll see- excited to watch the game- GO B'S 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game:
    Wow, does Chicago ever look good. They are fast, relentless, and highly skilled. I really hope that the B's meet them in the finals, as it would be a great match up. IMO they outplayed the RedWings, but the RWs made them pay for their mistakes, hence the OT game.  It'll be good to see how they stack up against them tonight. I'll be watching. Advantage should be with the Bs as Chicago is flying in after a tough game. Toews might be playing as good as anyone in the league right now. We'll see if Chara can slow him down.
    Posted by perrysound

They are playing for their playoff lives so maximum effort is expected. They do not want to become one of those teams who wins the cup and fails to make the playoffs the next season. Pride is driving them.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

What about that Bertuzzi head shot.

IMO Borderline at worst. Thought it was pretty clean actually, what you cant get your bell wrung in the NHL anymore...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

In Response to Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game:
    Wow, does Chicago ever look good. They are fast, relentless, and highly skilled. I really hope that the B's meet them in the finals, as it would be a great match up. IMO they outplayed the RedWings, but the RWs made them pay for their mistakes, hence the OT game.  It'll be good to see how they stack up against them tonight. I'll be watching. Advantage should be with the Bs as Chicago is flying in after a tough game. Toews might be playing as good as anyone in the league right now. We'll see if Chara can slow him down.
    Posted by perrysound

I watched that game too and they did look good.  Their goalie Crawfor had 33 saves and he looked good.  Let's hope they are tired and worn a little.  I'll be watching at the Garden tonight - can't wait! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, I watched pieces of it.  They are very fast and shifty, no doubt.  Just have to focus on that top line.  Lines 3 and especially 4 will be busy.

Hit them hard early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

My exact words while watching " wow are they fast "  then it got me thinking, sure it was  fast pace game as both teams open it up (especially in the 2nd) .
    Tonight the Bruins will keep pace but will also slow them and the game down.
    Should be a nice one ! 
    I have to say Toews is one of my favorite players in this league.

On another note the RedWings are not the same team the Bruins played when Datsyuk is not there.  He just had to come back from injury ontime when the Bruins played them !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game:
    What about that Bertuzzi head shot. IMO Borderline at worst. Thought it was pretty clean actually, what you cant get your bell wrung in the NHL anymore...
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Yea, I also don't think he was head hunting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

What about that Bertuzzi head shot. IMO Borderline at worst. Thought it was pretty clean actually, what you cant get your bell wrung in the NHL anymore...
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I agree, it was borderline, but in today's NHL, you can't do that. 

What I really miss in today's NHL is that the Dmen can't battle for the puck. They get called for everything. And it's not like scoring is up or anything. It isn't. It's trending down again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Anyone watch the Detroit Chicago Game : Yea, I also don't think he was head hunting.
    Posted by BsLegion

With all that's going on in the league today and concussions being front and center in the news I think Bertuzzi's hit was the type of hit that the NHL is trying to get out of the game. Maybe he wasn't headhunting but he was careless and reckless with his arms being up around the head. Arms down and it's a clean hit. Arms up, I'm saying at least a 2 game suspension.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

his arms/ stick were up, eddie o mentioned a week or so on vs. this is a determining factor of intention- i would have to agree. if his arms were down(stick also), its a clean hit. i think the nhl will consider this sooner or later

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

On noticed on the Bertuzzi hit he did the ol' Subban manouver and backed into his check. Didn't want to hit him head on i guess, might get hurt. Sort of cheesy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Do you guys think Crawford will start in net? Are they in full panic mode to the point where they'll put him in for two in a row? Or can we expect Turco? No idea if he's even been playing for them lately, but Crawford played last night, so normally you'd expect the #2 tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

February 11th was the last time anyone other than Crawford was the goalie of record for Chicago.  Twenty straight games, including five (!) back-to-back nights.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Do you guys think Crawford will start in net? Are they in full panic mode to the point where they'll put him in for two in a row? Or can we expect Turco? No idea if he's even been playing for them lately, but Crawford played last night, so normally you'd expect the #2 tonight.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

I say put in the best. I want the Bruins to play good goalies, hard to score on.  It's target practice for the playoffs.
    Bruins can meet Price, Miller or Lundqvist in the 1st round and does not get easier in the 2nd round.

BTW Bertuzzi is not going to get suspended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i watched the game last night and i really wonder how the hawks are fighting for a playoff spot...still lots of talent and heck of a game to watch....fan entertainment...hello rangers.........maybe teams should do like that junior team did....their opponent were sitting at centre ice not forechecking so they decided to stay in their zone and just kept passing the puck to each other...good message sent  lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

From what I saw of the Hawks last night, if Fluto or anyone else for the Globe writes "Hawks making Bruins look slow,"  Thomas and his club will be kept busy.  I hope the Bruins are ready for the defending champs.

Sections
Shortcuts