Anyone watching TB/PIT game 6?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Anyone watching TB/PIT game 6?

TB up 2-1. If Lightning can hold on, would force 3rd game 7 (so far) of the playoffs and, if they could advance, set up a really great matchup for the NHL in terms of a Southeast matchup against the Caps.

Also, it's amazing how proficient at mucking it up Pittsburgh has become in the absence of Crosby and Malkin. They were always pretty good at it, given they're top heavy, but they've taken it to another level. Could come to their benefit down the road, when they're healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Anyone watching TB/PIT game 6?

unless buffalo wins and then the caps play then and we would play the lighnting/pens

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

If TB advance, it will be Boston playing Tampa if Buffalo beat Philadelphia.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Defensively they have had to play it tight. Letang has been great just broke up a potential 2 on 1...

Uh oh here comes a penalty shot for Connor....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I believe lowest seed remaining after the first round plays the Caps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If Philly beats Buffalo, TB would play Washington. But, you're right, certainly not a guarantee.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah still many scenarios.
    Boston vs TBay would be interesting. 
    Wash vs Buffalo I think would be quick and painful on Buffalo.

I am still calling for the top 4 to advance.  Although I had Tampa in my early picks.  Actually I will stick with my early picks.
    Wash
    Philly
    B's
    TBay

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If the final four was BOS, TB, BUF, WSH, that would be very good for the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Guys, lets get through this round before you start thinking about who we would play next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc-  not sure I would wanna play Tampa.  They have too many guns.  I would much rather a bang ed up flyer team with no goalie and a semi-healthy Pronger.  In fact I would much rather Pitt.  Tampa is the last of those I wanna face.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The B's have played well against TB for years, though, which is my thinking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc- good point.  some teams do match better.  Tbay has owned washington this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why I want Tampa

1) The Bs have played well against Tampa
    2) Tampa is not a hockey haven and I could probably get tickets easy, good weather, good golf, good seats, I'm in.
    3) Would rather not play Philly again in the 2nd round
    4) Roloson - Pitt's been beating him blocker side high consistently

Reason 2 is good enough for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

have we as bruin fans forgotten our recent history? let's win one more game before discussing the next round. one game, one period, one shift at a time. GO B'S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone watching TB/PIT game 6?:
    Why I want Tampa 1) The Bs have played well against Tampa 2) Tampa is not a hockey haven and I could probably get tickets easy, good weather, good golf, good seats, I'm in. 3) Would rather not play Philly again in the 2nd round 4) Roloson - Pitt's been beating him blocker side high consistently Reason 2 is good enough for me.
    Posted by nrguy

Pretty sure you thought you would be golfing for opposite reason a weak ago, maybe you should hold your tongue, sound like the scab fans here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

have we as bruin fans forgotten our recent history? let's win one more game before discussing the next round. one game, one period, one shift at a time. GO B'S
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Agreed -- even though I am one of the main culprits here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dc...i won't even let my brain go there. we've got to learn from our mistakes, hopefully the B's have also. a win tonight could go a long way towards erasing a couple bad memories (last years playoffs, and montreal woes). there's no telling what a win tonight could do for this team's psyche. first things first, out skate montreal tonight in their own barn! hopefully TOMMORROW we can discuss possible matchups in rd.2! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

. there's no telling what a win tonight could do for this team's psyche. first things first, out skate montreal tonight in their own barn!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

you're right, because this is the first elimination game for the bruins since the 0/4

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I wanna see TB win, just don't like PIT.

I'm also gunning for Buffalo to win over philly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone watching TB/PIT game 6? : Pretty sure you thought you would be golfing for opposite reason a weak ago, maybe you should hold your tongue, sound like the scab fans here.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I did. Was going by the 0-26 history and how hard it would be to win 2 out of 3 at the Bell Centre. Now that they've already won 2 of 2 at the Bell Centre, I feel a lot better. Given that the Bruins have shown some gumption, I can breath a lot easier and have a more positive outlook on the team.   

I don't believe in jinxing and if people are going to discuss who they want to face next round, if the Bs make it. I'll give my 2 cents.

And I golf no matter what, unless there's a Bruins game on early Sat or Sun morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Talk doesn't bother me at all. It's not like we can influence the outcome of the game from our sofas. Best way to beat a jinx is to pretend it doesn't exist and play your game. My game is having fun with the "what ifs"....

(1) Washington - (4) Pittsburgh
    (2) Philly - (3) Boston

All chalk. Both series could be epic, and I want the Bs to get a crack at the Flyers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

asmaha...agreed, we(fans) have zero impact on the game being played- unless your at the arena and cheering them on to victory. but man o' man sometimes it makes me wonder, my dog has an uncanny timing for needing to go out just before the opposition scores! dogs do have a sixth sense. but as far as reality is concerned, making plans for things that haven't happened yet is like buying a bentley BEFORE scratching the instant lottery ticket. only setting yourself up to be let down. scratch first then shop for a new car. last year we bought a house in the hamptons, then realized we could not afford it. rather not go there again. baby steps 

Sections
Shortcuts