Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely

Seriously? 

Who cares what a Habs reporter out of Toronto says about the Bruins.  Shouldn't he focus on concerns closer to home - 15th in the East and no moxie?

Cam was a power forward extraordinaire - he may not vote for a defense-first system but I'm sure he values the ring on his finger and how the team is built for success going forward.  Chiarelli didn't "offense" the team make-up through the season or the trade deadline, rather, he added defense with Zanon to replace Corvo and Rolston getting in game shape as a defensively responsible forward (until Peverley returns).  I expect Cam is pleased that the Bs are built for success going forward, despite what some knob from Toronto who writes about the sHabs thinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]Sportnet is a debit in teh credibility department if you ask me.  I like John Shannon generally, but he's ramped up his volume to play TV analyst.  He was better when he was a producer who did radio from time to time.  Kypreos is a joke.  Most of their guys are jokes.  There's a reason Dreger left for TSN and it isn't just money. I think it's very very simple.  Julien was on some shaky ground after The Collapse.  After the early hot streak last year, when things cooled off and Julien, as is his way, stayed with it and stuck to basics, Neely made his comment.  But remember also that many people noticed a change in Julien over the course of last year.  He started to shorten the bench.  He started to bench veterans.  He occasionally loaded up lines when they needed a goal.  In short, he made some changes to the way he coached.  So - Louis Jean is just working his jaw in a new way rather than tricking out back of the Peel Pub.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

BB - Tell it like it is.  I also like Shannon as the thoughtful, introspective frequent guest co-host on Primetime Sports with Bob McCown on THE FAN 590 as opposed to the in-your-face TV version.  Hockey Central's crew are brutal. I have no problem watching the likes of Doug Maclean and Keenan. 

I can't think of a bigger on-air sports yob than Daren Millard, standard bearer of the inane question and insignificant observation.  The guy is terrible.  And yes, part way through last season folks in this forum were lauding Julien for his new-found willingness and ability to shift gears and adapt on the go that was assumed to be a result of heat from Neely. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Apparent Frosty Relationship between Claude Julien and Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]Be careful what you wish for here.  Neely is everything that captures the Bruins spirit, a great leader, and a no-nonsense force of accountability.  He's great. But, I believe that Julien and Chiarelli are the brains of the operation.  We need both.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Don't sell Cam short Fletch. Is it not he who brought Chara, Savard & Wheeler here? Yes Wheeler & Savvy are no more, but they certainly were part of the package that brought this team back to respectability. Chara admits to this day it was Neely that brought him to Boston. Not Chiarelli!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

RHO - Bob McCown is the smartest sports commentator out there.  Smart enough that he rarely talks about the kind of infinitessimal variations in performance we obsess over and concentrates on big issues.  He's smart - about broadcasting.  I wish there were more like him, and he sets the tone for every co-host he's ever had.  Even when they saddled him with Damien the village idiot, he was always in control.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

So via the rumor/source mill:

According to a couple of years ago:  The team wasn't fond of Savard or Thomas

According to last year:  The team loved everyone

According to this year:  The team still isn't fond of Thomas and Neely doesn't like Julien

All I know for sure:  I can't stand Joe Corvo