Apparently Jordan Eberle is the Winner of the Bachelorette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Apparently Jordan Eberle is the Winner of the Bachelorette

E-harmony to the most sordid degree.  I bet the only Bruin players whose names have been mentioned on this board more than Eberle's in the last six weeks are Marchand, Kelly and Boychuk. Mostly because they would be going the other way in every ridiculous post about trading for Eberle and his $6M deal.

Stay up late, or learn to program your DVR, and watch a bunch of Oiler games, and then tell me how well you think Eberle will fit in Boston.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Apparently Jordan Eberle is the Winner of the Bachelorette

Live in the West...seen almost every Oiler game last season.....no offense to Eberle but I think Kelly is better looking....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, but you're not among the main offenders...or the contenders.  I mean, with that bowtie, the fashionable hairdo by Bic, the "I know you had Daddy Issues" come-hither look, the allure of the occult...  instant winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Most people don't know what they're talking about.  Most people just repeat what they've read elsewhere.  Some of the most retardo things I've ever heard of are right here in this black and white.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny story...when I first moved to Regina Eberle was playing for the Pats and there were billboards up all over the city with him recommending SaskTel cell phones. I wonder....can a junior get endorsement deals? Or are there NCAA type restrictions where everything they do is a "donation of their time" and the team makes money? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stay up late, or learn to program your DVR, and watch a bunch of Oiler games, and then tell me how well you think Eberle will fit in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

I have, and let me give everyone a tip,take Book's advice and pvr their games,you'll then have the benefit of fast forwarding through large portions of it instead of watching a lot of bad hockey.Really hard to watch that team,frustrating,Eakins should be bald in a couple years if not sooner.They did sign Pouliot to a long term deal though,so add in him coughing up the puck alot to the list of frustrating things the Oilers do.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! they were so bad it was almost good to watch....a case study in how a team should not play. They had absolutely nothing going for them last season...almost made the 92-92 Sens look like the 76-77 Habs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny story...when I first moved to Regina Eberle was playing for the Pats and there were billboards up all over the city with him recommending SaskTel cell phones. I wonder....can a junior get endorsement deals? Or are there NCAA type restrictions where everything they do is a "donation of their time" and the team makes money? 

[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, they pocket the cash themselves in junior - little FAs they are.  The big one for any first rounder, especially a guy who looks like a top ten, is the hockey card cash.  They get a chunk of coin for participating in some special insert collection, more for x, y, and z special promotion etc. etc. etc.  But that's 1 or 2 guys on a good team and none on a bad team - though in Sarnia or Sudbury or Owen Sound, it's probably a lot easier to be the face of Pizza Pizza when your a Pizza face.

[object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

E-harmony to the most sordid degree.  I bet the only Bruin players whose names have been mentioned on this board more than Eberle's in the last six weeks are Marchand, Kelly and Boychuk. Mostly because they would be going the other way in every ridiculous post about trading for Eberle and his $6M deal.

[/QUOTE]

I watch a lot of Oiler games, and I think he'd fit in fine in the top 6. Good young skilled player that was drafted by a horrible team.The argument people will say is that he is not a two way player. Good, the B's don't need anymore of them, they need a player who can put the puck in the net and create some offense. He does that. That's how he would fit in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I also watched several Oiler games this year as the back end of HNIC Saturday night double-headers. Eakins came into the league highly-touted as a hot commodity coach but the general pattern and display seemed to suggest he didn't teach them much in terms of being positionally sound all over the ice. It was as if collective mentality of the forward group in the games I saw seemed to be "Let's just score more on them than they score on us." Not so much the prevention of opposition goals.

There was a tendency to hear Dean Brown or other NHIC announcers say "Here comes (insert names of other team's players) the other way on a two-on-one." I don't remember any of their offensively skilled stable of Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Hall and Eberle distinguishing themselves as being particularly defensively aware, something we know is insisted upon under Julien. Having a generally lackluster blueline regardless of the potential of Justin Schultz didn't help their cause. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Et tu, kel?

Said it before with a lot of other e-harmony targets and I'll say it again here - if you're not responsible for the Bruins you don't play.  Doesn't matter if you're Ovechkin and score 50 because you never come deeper into the defensive zone than the one stride from the blueline.  The defensive system is like Leonidas tells Ephialtes in 300: you can't have a hunchback who can't lift his shield to protect the man beside him no matter how strong his spear-arm is.  The whole line falls apart.  You have to pick up your zone or your man, you have to get your stick in passing lanes, you have go hard into the corner and battle for the puck and you have to go where you're expected to be so that your teammates don't end up turning the puck over because they expect you to be in one spot and you've chosen to go to another because it will be easier for you to skate out of the zone if everyone else does all the hard work.

Eberle and Hall are talented players; don't get me wrong.  I think the expectation that they would score the way they score in Edmonton if asked to play Bruins hockey is just unreasonable, and I think there's a better than 50/50 chance the kid would be eaten alive after 40 games of people expecting a 30+ goalscorer and getting a guy who has trouble fitting in with the top two Bruin lines.  Honestly, it would be marco central around here - everything people are complaining about with Eriksson would transfer to Eberle.  He takes the body a bit more, but he's not a big hitter or physical in any real way.  Absent that aspect of his game, I don't see him scoring a lot in Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Et tu, kel?

everything people are complaining about with Eriksson would transfer to Eberle.  He takes the body a bit more, but he's not a big hitter or physical in any real way.  Absent that aspect of his game, I don't see him scoring a lot in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

So you are implying Eriksson will not score at the same rate he did in Dallas then? If not then if you think he will be just as prolific, why not Eberle?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1. I'm not suggesting that Eriksson will score up to his Dallas heights.  I think he'll be much better than he was last year this year, but he won't be a 30 goal scorer.

2. He'll be a heck of a lot closer to scoring as well in Boston as he did in Dallas because his game is a lot closer to the expectations of Bruins hockey.  He's always been a responsible player who picks up his assignments, fills the passing lanes, and doesn't take huge risks to get his points.  Eberle's game is very different - it has been during his time in Edmonton.  His game is much more about taking chances to create offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Et tu, kel?

Said it before with a lot of other e-harmony targets and I'll say it again here - if you're not responsible for the Bruins you don't play.  Doesn't matter if you're Ovechkin and score 50 because you never come deeper into the defensive zone than the one stride from the blueline.  The defensive system is like Leonidas tells Ephialtes in 300: you can't have a hunchback who can't lift his shield to protect the man beside him no matter how strong his spear-arm is.  The whole line falls apart.  You have to pick up your zone or your man, you have to get your stick in passing lanes, you have go hard into the corner and battle for the puck and you have to go where you're expected to be so that your teammates don't end up turning the puck over because they expect you to be in one spot and you've chosen to go to another because it will be easier for you to skate out of the zone if everyone else does all the hard work.

Eberle and Hall are talented players; don't get me wrong.  I think the expectation that they would score the way they score in Edmonton if asked to play Bruins hockey is just unreasonable, and I think there's a better than 50/50 chance the kid would be eaten alive after 40 games of people expecting a 30+ goalscorer and getting a guy who has trouble fitting in with the top two Bruin lines.  Honestly, it would be marco central around here - everything people are complaining about with Eriksson would transfer to Eberle.  He takes the body a bit more, but he's not a big hitter or physical in any real way.  Absent that aspect of his game, I don't see him scoring a lot in Boston.

Eberle and Eriksson are two totally different players, I think if you put Eberle on a line with Krejci and Lucic he get 30 plus. Why couldn't Eberle come here and be a good player who produces? Edmontons players and system are about as opposite from the Bruins as one can get. Kessel scored 36 goals and was plus player here. He left over money, not problems fitting into the system. Seguin, he's a center who was playing wing on the third line when things ended here. B's have an opening for a right handed winger on the top 6, he would be a perfect fit here.

Not everyone is going to be a two way responsible player, and if they are, you'll be experiencing short playoff runs. You need the player who can get the goal when needed.

I would go as far as to say if Eberle comes here he would put up the best numbers of his career in his second year here.

Like I said before, If the B's stay the way they are, and Eriksson is the first line right winger, he will get 30 plus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want forwards that will take risks, sick of defensively safe players.

There were questions about Horton's attitude and two-way game before he got to Boston.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There were questions about Horton's attitude and two-way game before he got to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

Selfish and entitled was what I heard up and down the river.

Then he put on a B's jersey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point San. I don't buy into the theory that if you can't play both ends of the ice you can't play for Julien. Anyone who says that my answer is Michael Ryder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let's not go down that Ryder route again.  Back in the that era everyone wanted Ryder to disappear up his own sphincter for making $4M a year and scoring 27 goals his first year before being asked to play a better two way game and dropping to 18 for the next two years.  But in the meantime, he was one of the top forwards for hits every year with over a 100 hits per year his first two years - not Lucic territory, but he would take the body.  He had more takeaways than giveaways every year he was a Bruin - almost 50% more which is not Selke worthy but pretty solid for a supposed scoring winger.  What people hated about him?  He took chances.  He tried to deke his way into shooting position and would end up losing the puck to the corner. 

I don't question Eberle's character the way people did with Horton and the "no heartbeat" comments; I question whether he can be a scorer and still play the way the Bruins play.  Can he be effective on the cycle (he won't fit with Krejci and Lucic if he can't)?  Can he get from where he's supposed to be defensively to where he wants to be offensively?  I don't think it's a sure thing, and yet everyone is saying trade this guy for Eberle, wouldn't it be great to get Eberle, buy out everyone and buy the Oilers so the have to trade Eberle to the Bruins.

No idea why the world moons at him over other player who might be a better fit.  Why not Okposo?  Where are the trade everyone for Okposo threads?  He's also on a lousy floundering moronicly managed team....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okposo is a good example. But there isn't any threads about him simply because they are not stacked at the forward position and lacking everywhere else. Seguin played a bit with with Krejci and Lucic while Horton was out and did fine. If I remember correctly it was short lived but when he was put there him and Lucic came out of slumps. I think talented players like Eberle can adjust to any system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wasn't it Bowman Sr who said "you can teach a player defense but you can't teach skill."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Selfish and entitled was what I heard up and down the river.

Then he put on a B's jersey.

[/QUOTE]

And oh, how he quickly tired of Bruin, winning hockey. Then tried to replicate his Florida days in Columbus, but they started winning. Then he got hurt and they made the playoffs without him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I shall repeat, if the Bs have depth on defense, and need of a winger on offense, then it is logical to trade a defenseman.  The other need is to reduce Cap pressure this year but more importantly next year et al.  Johnny Boychuk is a fun player to watch as a Bruin's fan.  Hard nosed, tough around the net and has the "rocket?".  He is expendable though.  Assuming he would not mind the Edmonton clime, and Edmonton needs veteran defensemen then he as many have stated he is a excellent trade piece to Edmonton.  So, Eberle's name pops up.  It may be e-harmony but it is entirely logical to bring up his name a piece to help out the Bs need of a forward.  What else is there to do during the summer sun?  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

No idea why the world moons at him over other player who might be a better fit.  Why not Okposo?  Where are the trade everyone for Okposo threads?  He's also on a lousy floundering moronicly managed team....

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there is much chatter on the Twitter machine, or Buzz or where ever else people read and hear things about Okposo.  Therefore, it's not a reasonable point.  How many people of those who are all gassed up about Eberle, have seen him play 10 times?  I bet very few.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's not go down that Ryder route again.  Back in the that era everyone wanted Ryder to disappear up his own sphincter for making $4M a year and scoring 27 goals his first year before being asked to play a better two way game and dropping to 18 for the next two years.  But in the meantime, he was one of the top forwards for hits every year with over a 100 hits per year his first two years - not Lucic territory, but he would take the body.  He had more takeaways than giveaways every year he was a Bruin - almost 50% more which is not Selke worthy but pretty solid for a supposed scoring winger.  What people hated about him?  He took chances.  He tried to deke his way into shooting position and would end up losing the puck to the corner. 

[/QUOTE]

That's not why I hated Ryder. I hated him because he was a lazy non-entity for large stretches of the season and contributed nothing despite being paid at the time like a first line scorer. That's why. His non-interest was the problem. Now every player goes into slumps but contrast Glyder with Smith last season. Smith went into a horrendous funk in the second half of the season but he was not a non-entity. He gave it all every shift, backchecked, did all the little things right. That's the difference.

Eberle is no Ryder either.

However, this is all conjecture anyway....he will not be in a B's uniform any time soon :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, they pocket the cash themselves in junior - little FAs they are.  The big one for any first rounder, especially a guy who looks like a top ten, is the hockey card cash.  They get a chunk of coin for participating in some special insert collection, more for x, y, and z special promotion etc. etc. etc.  But that's 1 or 2 guys on a good team and none on a bad team - though in Sarnia or Sudbury or Owen Sound, it's probably a lot easier to be the face of Pizza Pizza when your a Pizza face.

[/QUOTE]

Well good for them I guess. Better than being exploited by teams.