Apparently Jordan Eberle is the Winner of the Bachelorette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Apparently Jordan Eberle is the Winner of the Bachelorette

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And oh, how he quickly tired of Bruin, winning hockey. Then tried to replicate his Florida days in Columbus, but they started winning. Then he got hurt and they made the playoffs without him.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, Columbus gave him $37.1M to go play there.  I'm sure if the B's had offered the same, he'd have stayed.  But the B's wouldn't offer the same, because Chiarelli isn't a Front Office Jester like anyone who would ever make that contract a reality.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

However, this is all conjecture anyway....he will not be in a B's uniform any time soon :)

[/QUOTE]

Exactly,Kel still maintains Rick Nash would get 40 gls in a B's jersey playing with Krejci,maybe he would but we can all predict what a player can do playing on the Bruins,but its not likely happening.I do predict Jordy Caron could get 10 gls playing an entire season as Krejci's winger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! That is indeed a bold claim with regard to Caron.

I don't see anyone scoring 40 goals on a CJ team.....if Iginla didn't do it I doubt anyone will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Ha! That is indeed a bold claim with regard to Caron.

I don't see anyone scoring 40 goals on a CJ team.....if Iginla didn't do it I doubt anyone will.

[/QUOTE]

Well if Jordy just stood in front of the net i'm sure he could get 6 gls from shots going in off his skate and 2 gls from rebounds and 2 gls from empty netters,heck i might bump it up to 11 gls with an extra empty netter.Remember he has to play all 82 games on Krejci's line for this to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember he has to play all 82 games on Krejci's line for this to happen.

[/QUOTE]

yep and that is the key. No way in hell CJ tolerates Caron playing all 82 games with Krecji and Lucic...would be interesting to see though. Dez would be happy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] Okposo is a good example. But there isn't any threads about him simply because they are not stacked at the forward position and lacking everywhere else. [/QUOTE]

Actually I do think Snow would part with Okposo for a top six defenseman and a high end prospect. There is no guarantee Kyle has any intention of staying with the club after 2016.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Boychuk and Subban for Okposo.  Make it happen, SanDog.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I shall repeat, if the Bs have depth on defense, and need of a winger on offense, then it is logical to trade a defenseman.  The other need is to reduce Cap pressure this year but more importantly next year et al.  Johnny Boychuk is a fun player to watch as a Bruin's fan.  Hard nosed, tough around the net and has the "rocket?".  He is expendable though.  Assuming he would not mind the Edmonton clime, and Edmonton needs veteran defensemen then he as many have stated he is a excellent trade piece to Edmonton.  So, Eberle's name pops up.  It may be e-harmony but it is entirely logical to bring up his name a piece to help out the Bs need of a forward.  What else is there to do during the summer sun?  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

[/QUOTE]
    Boychuk is not expendable.  Seidenberg was clearly missed in the playoffs.  Add Seidenberg and subtract  Boychuk and you end up with the same problem, Only three top four D.

The Bruins are better off if they put Eriksson on the first line.  I'd rather have a weakness on the third line wing than on the second pairing D.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My only retort is where was Seidenberg in the 2013 Stanley Cup run? I like Seidenberg as I like Boychuk but where is the Horton or Iginla on next year's team. I love Eriksson's play but I see no 1st line success like those two. So the question becomes trade your strength to strengthen your weakness. Unless you you have read the Art of War! Hehe. 

n response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I shall repeat, if the Bs have depth on defense, and need of a winger on offense, then it is logical to trade a defenseman.  The other need is to reduce Cap pressure this year but more importantly next year et al.  Johnny Boychuk is a fun player to watch as a Bruin's fan.  Hard nosed, tough around the net and has the "rocket?".  He is expendable though.  Assuming he would not mind the Edmonton clime, and Edmonton needs veteran defensemen then he as many have stated he is a excellent trade piece to Edmonton.  So, Eberle's name pops up.  It may be e-harmony but it is entirely logical to bring up his name a piece to help out the Bs need of a forward.  What else is there to do during the summer sun?  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

[/QUOTE]
    Boychuk is not expendable.  Seidenberg was clearly missed in the playoffs.  Add Seidenberg and subtract  Boychuk and you end up with the same problem, Only three top four D.

The Bruins are better off if they put Eriksson on the first line.  I'd rather have a weakness on the third line wing than on the second pairing D.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember he has to play all 82 games on Krejci's line for this to happen.

[/QUOTE]

yep and that is the key. No way in hell CJ tolerates Caron playing all 82 games with Krecji and Lucic...would be interesting to see though. Dez would be happy

[/QUOTE]

Well that's not really true JM. I don't want to see him in anything but a bottom 6 role but I do see your point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want forwards that will take risks, sick of defensively safe players.

There were questions about Horton's attitude and two-way game before he got to Boston.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

As well as a guy by the name of Steve Yzerman. You can teach a player to play defence as long he's willing to learn. You can't teach a player to have offensive skills which Eberle has plenty of! I'd love him in Boston!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I want forwards that will take risks, sick of defensively safe players.

There were questions about Horton's attitude and two-way game before he got to Boston.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

As well as a guy by the name of Steve Yzerman. You can teach a player to play defence as long he's willing to learn. You can't teach a player to have offensive skills which Eberle has plenty of! I'd love him in Boston!

[/QUOTE]

Well put Nite. This team has enough two way forwards, give me a skill guy who can put the puck in the net. Those guys are invaluable come playoff time and always seem to make a difference. See: Patrick Kane and Marian Gaborik.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] Okposo is a good example. But there isn't any threads about him simply because they are not stacked at the forward position and lacking everywhere else. [/QUOTE]

Actually I do think Snow would part with Okposo for a top six defenseman and a high end prospect. There is no guarantee Kyle has any intention of staying with the club after 2016.

[/QUOTE]

I'd do it.  I watch NYI feeds here in NYC, and I think he'd thrive in the B's system.  He has a much bigger ceiling than people think, but he's stuck on a team that can;t ply to his talents.  I'll even bring up Setoguchi as a guy who  could have bounce back on the B's.  THese guys fit the mold of a a Top 6 fwd on the Bruins, but not on their previous teams.  

Good ol' Blake Wheeler.  Found a scoring touch in Winnipeg.  Bring him back to Boston; he'll go back to being the "other Wheeler."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd do it.  I watch NYI feeds here in NYC, and I think he'd thrive in the B's system.  He has a much bigger ceiling than people think, but he's stuck on a team that can;t ply to his talents.  I'll even bring up Setoguchi as a guy who  could have bounce back on the B's.  THese guys fit the mold of a a Top 6 fwd on the Bruins, but not on their previous teams.  

Good ol' Blake Wheeler.  Found a scoring touch in Winnipeg.  Bring him back to Boston; he'll go back to being the "other Wheeler."

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too excited about Okposo. He did nothing until this year when he was put on Tavares line, and he didn't do much after Tavares went down. I'll take Eberle over him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

My only retort is where was Seidenberg in the 2013 Stanley Cup run? I like Seidenberg as I like Boychuk but where is the Horton or Iginla on next year's team. I love Eriksson's play but I see no 1st line success like those two. So the question becomes trade your strength to strengthen your weakness. Unless you you have read the Art of War! Hehe. 

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by Seidenberg in 2013.  He was there when they were two minutes away from playing a game seven for the Cup.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well that's not really true JM. I don't want to see him in anything but a bottom 6 role but I do see your point.

[/QUOTE]

Just busting your chops Dez :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too excited about Okposo. He did nothing until this year when he was put on Tavares line, and he didn't do much after Tavares went down. I'll take Eberle over him.

[/QUOTE]

Same here, kel. No disrespect to Okposo but if we're talking adding a swift shooter/put the dagger in when it's needed/creative around the net offensive element to the Bruin roster Eberle would be my choice between the two. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment: I'd do it.  I watch NYI feeds here in NYC, and I think he'd thrive in the B's system.  He has a much bigger ceiling than people think, but he's stuck on a team that can;t ply to his talents.  I'll even bring up Setoguchi as a guy who  could have bounce back on the B's.  THese guys fit the mold of a a Top 6 fwd on the Bruins, but not on their previous teams. 

I wouldn't get too excited about Okposo. He did nothing until this year when he was put on Tavares line, and he didn't do much after Tavares went down. I'll take Eberle over him.  [/QUOTE]

You are right about that Kelv. But I do like his game when he is healthy. The difference in the "bachlorette game" for me is the cap hit, you would have to give up more to get Eberle and Snow not being very secure that he can keep Okposo when his UFA rolls around.

In the end though, I don't think Snow would be ready to give up a young 20+ scorer that has such a low cap hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just busting your chops Dez :)

[/QUOTE]

I deserve it too JM. Cheers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ha! No you don't. It is refreshing to see a poster stand up for a player and focus on the positives. It is so easy to be negative here.

There was a time when I think we all thought Caron had more upside than he eventually showed. Too bad really.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Ha! No you don't. It is refreshing to see a poster stand up for a player and focus on the positives. It is so easy to be negative here.

There was a time when I think we all thought Caron had more upside than he eventually showed. Too bad really.

[/QUOTE]

I mean that I bust a lot of people's chops so I deserve some of it in return. Fair is fair.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ah, gotcha. Cheers!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not me!  I've disliked him since he took 2:30 to get to the stand because he was busy hugging, kissing and shaking every hand in his section.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not me!  I've disliked him since he took 2:30 to get to the stand because he was busy hugging, kissing and shaking every hand in his section.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is definitely a good gauge as to whether or not a player is NHL ready. We can only be glad he wasn't slapping behinds as well. He never would've made it then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, that is definitely a good gauge as to whether or not a player is NHL ready. We can only be glad he wasn't slapping behinds as well. He never would've made it then.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's a terrible way to judge a player.  Still more useful than Bhab's development camp system, however.