Applaud the Flyers Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Applaud the Flyers Fans

I have to applaud the Flyer fans for applauding for Mcquaid. Classy. Wow, what a change from the Montreal series. I did not get to see game one. But this game is intense. Keep shooting Bs and good things happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Applaud the Flyers Fans

Shocking in Philly.  But I agree 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Ya, especially after missing on the superman punch on richards. Imagine if he connects on that? 

I hope Mcquaid comes back, but that looked nasty (and kinda embarrasing)! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Says it all about montreal doesn't it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

That's something I sort of missed while watching the game on DVR.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm guilty of applying the usual prejudice to those guys largely because of the defense of Randy Jones...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, I noticed that as well. Kudos for you starting this post. And Kudos to the Philly fans for clapping....Very Classy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Very shocking coming from the fans in Philly. I was totally stunned. These are the same fans that booed Santa Clause at a Flyers game, booed Michael Irving getting carried off on a stretcher at an Eagles-Cowboys game and also harassed a mother & her 9 yr. old son ( fans of the other team ) in the stands during a Phillies playoff game last year. It was classy nonetheless hearing them cheer Mcquaid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah I was also shocked, but Kudo's to Philly fans for showing some class...not what their known for!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

Philly fans get the worst rep.  At least you don't hear them whining and crying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i was pleasantly surprised to hear that reaction...as ron burgundy says, stay classy philadelphia. love b's/flyers games, they are mean and ugly games usually. so refeshing after watching those pansy-a** canadiens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I wasnt shocked.  I dont think the Flyer fans are classless, just a little overzealous.  They are passionate and they can appreciate he wasnt seriously injured.  In Montreal, everyone would have booed him for laying there, and they cheered when they showed the replay, unlike in Philly where everyone say quietly until he got up, then they "golf clapped" and saw the replay.  You could tell when they showed it on the jumbotron, because there was a collective "GASP!" and "OOOOH!"  And then they cheered, as if to say, "We werent sure what happened, but BOY are we glad you got up and left under your own power."  I dont expect anything less from any building EXCEPT Montreal.  In this day and age, with all the diving that goes on, its hard to know what happened if you didnt see the play.  And I think they waited to show it because if he was REALLY injured and needed a stretcher, they didnt want to be showing it while he was being attended to.  It was classy all the way around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Just checked out the fan boards at philly.com.  For the most part, they are taking the high road and most are wishing they had good goal tending.  I only found one post where a fan wished that McQuaid was hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: Applaud the Flyers Fans:
    Philly fans get the worst rep.  At least you don't hear them whining and crying.
    Posted by joemizz11

I WAS AT THE GAME IN PHILLY WHERE ANDREW ALBERTS WAS BOARDED, AND MOST FANS CHEERED WHEN HE WENT DOWN AND BOOED WHEN HE GOT UP. I WAS IN THE UPPER TEIR BUT JUST CLASSLESS. AT LEAST WE SMOKED THEM THAT GAME AND I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR PEANUTS BECUASE I WAS HAVING SO MANY THROWN AT ME!
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I actually expected it from Flyers fans. They know hockey and tend to be quite classy. Eagles fans on the other hand suck beyond belief but Flyers fans are on point.

Flyers fans seem to appreciate hustle as much as Boston fans do. Even if McQuaid was attempting to send one of their players into next week at the time he injured himself.

Sections
Shortcuts