Appreciating Boychuk - A real Bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Appreciating Boychuk - A real Bruin

7 pages of appreciating Marchand. For what? Plays on the edge or otherwise dirty player. Diving ? What about Johnny Rocket?  It seems like people don't even care if he's traded. He plays the game clean, he's a hard hitter , and never mind the rocket. A damn perfect Bruin and I'll miss seeing him smash people at the blue line and instead will have to watch Marchand stick his foot out while their skating by. What's wrong with you MArchand lovers on here. You'd want your kid to play like that?  Give me a break!!!!  The B's would be better off to stop concentrating on Iggys money and get Johnny Rocket signed. Think about it . Who you going to miss more , Johnny, March or Iggy.  I'll take the Rocketman any day!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Appreciating Boychuk - A real Bruin

I dont think many are gonna disagree with this.   Johnny has been a perfect Bruin.  I dont wanna trade him unless the upgrade is significant.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It's not that people don't appreciate him, I think they just understand he could be in for a significant raise and that the defense corpse has a couple of young guys ready to take on larger roles and a salary cap involved. . When PC traded for him years ago not many knew much about him, but he has turned himself into a solid defenseman. It's a little like the Ference situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

It's not that people don't appreciate him, I think they just understand he could be in for a significant raise and that the defense corpse has a couple of young guys ready to take on larger roles and a salary cap involved. . When PC traded for him years ago not many knew much about him, but he has turned himself into a solid defenseman. It's a little like the Ference situation.

Yes. He's going to get big raise because he's in his prime at age 30. Dougie is the only young D that I see that will take on larger role. Miller will stay at 3rd D player and Krug a Pp and more offensive player. Bart will be gone. I'm not too keen on them spending the money on Iggy if we can use dough to keep Johnny., .. Chara older, Seidenburg older .   Perfect bruin Bergy > Johnny > Brad > Loui ...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

Yes. He's going to get big raise because he's in his prime at age 30. Dougie is the only young D that I see that will take on larger role. Miller will stay at 3rd D player and Krug a Pp and more offensive player. Bart will be gone. I'm not too keen on them spending the money on Iggy if we can use dough to keep Johnny., .. Chara older, Seidenburg older .   Perfect bruin Bergy > Johnny > Brad > Loui ...  

First post you refer to Marchand as an edge/dirty player who dives now he's the perfect Bruin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

First post you refer to Marchand as an edge/dirty player who dives now he's the perfect Bruin?

> that used to mean greater when I took logic 40 years ago. Maybe I'm out of touch nowadays. Sorry

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's a good player.  He's solid.  He's replaceable.

If he were to get moved or end up signing elsewhere, I think he'd be forgotten pretty quickly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I just wish i could erase the image from my mind of him sitting there like a stooge while Bolland was on the doorstep. Otherwise, a solid #3 but let's not get carried away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I just wish i could erase the image from my mind of him sitting there like a stooge while Bolland was on the doorstep. Otherwise, a solid #3 but let's not get carried away.

What's a solid #3 getting a big pay increase for ? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Because there are a lot of crappy teams out there who can't develop a d-man to save their soul and as such Johnny would be a No #1 on their team and would get paid like one.Look at what Ference got paid  to play on the Oilers first pairing,Johnny would be an upgrade over him,hence he would get more money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Because there are a lot of crappy teams out there who can't develop a d-man to save their soul and as such Johnny would be a No #1 on their team and would get paid like one.Look at what Ference got paid  to play on the Oilers first pairing,Johnny would be an upgrade over him,hence he would get more money.

Holy chit!  I never bothered to find out how much Ference was making in Edmonton.  I went on capgeek after i read your post.  3.25M for another three years for a solid 5/6 dman.  No wonder the Oilers suck.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

7 pages of appreciating Marchand. For what? Plays on the edge or otherwise dirty player. Diving ? What about Johnny Rocket?  It seems like people don't even care if he's traded. He plays the game clean, he's a hard hitter , and never mind the rocket. A damn perfect Bruin and I'll miss seeing him smash people at the blue line and instead will have to watch Marchand stick his foot out while their skating by. What's wrong with you MArchand lovers on here. You'd want your kid to play like that?  Give me a break!!!!  The B's would be better off to stop concentrating on Iggys money and get Johnny Rocket signed. Think about it . Who you going to miss more , Johnny, March or Iggy.  I'll take the Rocketman any day!!!

The large majority of the Marchand thread wasn't singing kumbaya for the guy, it was coming to the realization (again) that the Bruins are in a salary capped league. With the Bruins situation, they've most likely got to send players out in order to improve.
    Boychuk has been a good Bruin, seems like a quality (if not a bit dopey) guy.
    Reality strikes though.

No one is untradeable when the price is right and the strategy makes sense. See Johnny Boychuk.
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

unless the B'S acquire another capable d-man, Johnny Boy isn't going to be moved just to save money....  not this year anyhow....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Boychuk is as solid a d-dman as they come. He's turned himself into a bruising, hard-hitting and 20-minute a game or more player. I never take this guy for granted and he's an important cog if the B's want to win another Cup soon. The window could be closing faster than we all think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

JB has established himself as solid 2nd pair guy and those are not easy to find (as the B's found out this year).  Haven't seen much about fans looking to move him, so notion that he needs some appreciating appears a bit trumped up.  I am glad they have him, and he shouldn't be moved without a clear plan to address the top-4.

As the author of the "Appreciating Marchand" thread, that was in reaction to multiple posts/threads about trading him for guys like Eberle & Kane and placing his value well below those players (so the B's would have to kick-in another major piece).  There is clearly a loud group on BDC that are tired of his act and want him moved.  My thread was an attempt to try to advocate for his value by using data, rather than anecdotes like; " He plays the game clean, he's a hard hitter , and never mind the rocket."

Try to keep up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For me it's a total reversal of Chiarelli and his scouts drafting. The Bruins AHL scouts have done a tremendous job with Boychuk, McQuiad, Khudobin, Bartkowski and now Smith...jury still out on Fraser and Warsofsky.

For a player if you price yourself out of an organization it's a good thing. I would really like for the Bruins to find a way to keep him. The Cap adjustment in 2016 is going to be very important for PC, going up another $10M would be sweet.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Are you kidding?  This is happening everywhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Are you kidding?  This is happening everywhere.

I think he's getting a big pay increase because he's a 2D player . I consider Mcquade and Miller plus Bart 3d types. Ferrance was older when he was let go. Johnny is in his prime and I would have thought he'd be a priority to get signed. Either way I'm going to miss Jack calling out his bombs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I think he's getting a big pay increase because he's a 2D player . I consider Mcquade and Miller plus Bart 3d types. Ferrance was older when he was let go. Johnny is in his prime and I would have thought he'd be a priority to get signed. Either way I'm going to miss Jack calling out his bombs

What makes you think he's not a priority?  He still has one year left on his contract.  PC isn't the one on this board saying he's priced himself out of Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I think he's getting a big pay increase because he's a 2D player . I consider Mcquade and Miller plus Bart 3d types. Ferrance was older when he was let go. Johnny is in his prime and I would have thought he'd be a priority to get signed. Either way I'm going to miss Jack calling out his bombs

What makes you think he's not a priority?  He still has one year left on his contract.  PC isn't the one on this board saying he's priced himself out of Boston.

Maybe your right. Thanks for giving me some hope

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

PC isn't the one on this board saying he's priced himself out of Boston.

Maybe he is?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

#1bruin Bergy > Johnny > Brad > Loui ...  

[/QUOTE]

IF Iginla remains a Bruin, you should be thrilled. Name another RW available, that just had a season where he was the team's goal scoring leader, in both the regular season, and the playoffs, and is willing to sign a one year, bonus laden contract?

IF Iginla does not re-sign, then plan B could involve having to trade Boychuk, and possibly, Krejci as well.

This is why, getting "Iggy" signed, is their top priority.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

unless the B'S acquire another capable d-man, Johnny Boy isn't going to be moved just to save money....  not this year anyhow....

This is the only year PC can move him....he is a UFA in 2015.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Holy chit!  I never bothered to find out how much Ference was making in Edmonton.  I went on capgeek after i read your post.  3.25M for another three years for a solid 5/6 dman.  No wonder the Oilers suck.  

With an NTC to boot. EDM went all out on him...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Everything said about JB55 being a model Bruin is correct, IMRHO. However, I think PC & Co have a big decision to make this offseason. It seems they may opt to resign the UFAs & RFAs and "bring back the band" believing that the additional year of development for the youngsters and increased familiarity for the vets coupled with the return of a healthy Seidenberg & McQuaid will bring the Cup in 2015. This decision will probably merely delay some seriously disruptive roster moves during the following offseason - hopefully it can be handled with a minimum of non-compensated cap-casualty player losses. It is this potential dilemma that raises Boychuk as a possible candidate for a current trade - the confidence in one of Miller, McQuaid or Bartkowski stepping up to the second defensive pairing for next season is also key to this type of move.     

Sections
Shortcuts