ARE ANY LEADS SAFE in these playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ARE ANY LEADS SAFE in these playoffs?

3-0 Sabres leading and Philly just tied it 3-3 in the 3rd.
    L.A. leading 4-0 and by the end of the 2nd it's 5-5.
    Even in the Bruins-Habs not as evident but come backs none-the-less to make it interesting.
    The TSN panel had some very interesting points.
    I think Mactavish nailed it.  He said it's all in the players head.
    -They forecheck less not to give up odd man rushes. Allowing the losing team not to spend as much time in their own zone and all to easy getting puck out from their own end. 
    - The defense pinches in less not to get caught on 2 on 1 .
    - Both points above cause a natural backing up into your own zone. Spending more time defending and easily exposed to making errors.

Unless the winning team weathers the push and scores a goal on the counter the team leading is bound to defend. No matter the style they play, be it offensive or defensive minded systems.
    I believe it's a natural aspect therefore what can the coach do to denaturalize the inevitable ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: ARE ANY LEADS SAFE in these playoffs?

I think you really have to make sure your top lines, still have the green lite to take the play into the oppostion's end....I listened to the TSN panel and what MacT didn't mention (which is a result of what he said), is the team quits skating, turning the other team into a buzz saw.

I know you risk 3 on 2's, but maybe it beats having your players standing around and not skating....just a thought...go B's go...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well said Stuke.  I'm certain coaches tell their players all the time.  Keep your feet moving and still the buzz saw effect is bound to happen.
    These 2-0 and now 3-0 games no matter what the coach says more often than not (at least this season) the team behind comes back or at least makes it really close and a nail biter.
    Sometimes a tight game,  that you keep plugging away is your best weapon at winning.

Look at Chicago.  They will tie the series tomorrow. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Glad Buffalo ended up winning tonight.  If Buffalo and Boston both advance, that will set up a Boston-Pitt 2nd round match-up, which I think is the ideal match-up for Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: ARE ANY LEADS SAFE in these playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Glad Buffalo ended up winning tonight.  If Buffalo and Boston both advance, that will set up a Boston-Pitt 2nd round match-up, which I think is the ideal match-up for Boston.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

I hate looking that far ahead because we know the scabs aren't going to give up, but I would love to play Pitt next - this could be the year the B's exorcise ALL of the demons from years past!  Too bad the Oilers weren't in the mix in the west!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

All of you need to get out of my head.

Legion - I was JUST thinking about this same thing after the Bs came back in Game 4. I was going to post some fancy-pants comments that outlines all the in-game and series comebacks so far, but I got lazy and instead started making fun of Habs fans on some other thread. Good for you for bringing it up!

I wonder how many times the BOS-PHI series from last year has been referenced by coaches across the league behind closed doors? Now they have the LA 4-0 game to fall back on.

Stuke - As soon as I read the topic, I immediately thought of the top line syndrome and the fact that we don't seem to be seeing the dominant talent rising to the top. Other than Detroit, seems like everyone has a yellow "proceed with caution" light and not a green light to take their offensive game to the other end. Watching the Caps has been interesting...Ovie is a ghost until he decides to ignore the coach and turn things on. Low and behold, they score when he does this. I know the league is full of parity, but I think some higher-ranked teams are giving their opponent too much of a leash and aren't imposing their game (ahem, Vancouver, Philly and Boston).

Abra & Hangnail - agreed PIT would be a great 2nd match. There was a pre-playoff thread several months ago about matchups and my wish was MTL-PIT-PHI-SJ as a means to "exorcise all demons" as you say. Beat the Habs, pound Cooke, come back 0-3 on Philly and see if we can can get KDP to retire by writing one more "The Full Thornton" article before riding off into the sunset.

Creepy. Get out of my head. It's too early for this...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

asmaha,  in your head ?  Like a " Beautiful Mind " ?

p.s.  how dem Maineiacs ????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Nope!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Nope!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

apparently, a 3-0 lead is safe with tt in net.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I almost forgot how about that comeback by the Caps being down 3-0 and winning in OT.
    Now they'r eleading 2-0, very curious to see how they will play. Rangers just don't look like they have any punch to counter.  Let's ee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Losing both OT games has to be demoralizing for the Rangers.  Too bad,  I would have preferred a longer series. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Another choke job in the playoffs.  This time Ryan Miller blowing a multple goal lead that could of closed out the series.  Is Thomas the only playoff goalie that hasn't given up  5+ goals in a game or blown a multiple goal lead?  Seems like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Another choke job in the playoffs.  This time Ryan Miller blowing a multple goal lead that could of closed out the series.  Is Thomas the only playoff goalie that hasn't given up  5+ goals in a game or blown a multiple goal lead?  Seems like it.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

LOL I came here to say the same thing.

No,  what if Chicago wins tonight ?