Are the Bruins a dirty team??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Are the Bruins a dirty team??

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pens tired of losing to the BRUINS, dirty hit on Erickson, dirty hit on Marchand and Kelly broken ankle, Boychuk...and on and on and WE ARE THE DIRTY TEAM ???

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

[/QUOTE]

When I start to agree with Stanley, I need a break from the boards...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Can you imagine the press shxt storm if Marchand had stuck his leg out to intentionally take out Crosby and then Thornton comes along and skates into his head.

Double standard when it comes to so called elite players.

Unfortunately for the Bruins they don't have what is perceived by the media as elite players

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately for the Bruins they don't have what is perceived by the media as elite players

[/QUOTE]

Actually I am quite sure both Chara and Bergeron are perceived as elite players by the media...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skater68's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually I am quite sure both Chara and Bergeron are perceived as elite players by the media...

[/QUOTE]

and Rask

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

You're right they are but not in the way Crosby is.

People pay to watch Crosby who aren't necessarily Penguin's fans . He's a big draw and that's money for the NHL

And because of Chara's size he takes a lot of abuse and penalties are not called, but he gets called on everything and I think it's because of his size.

I don't think the refs and press apply the same rules to Bergeron vs Crosby

Just my perspective

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Bottom line is does any Bruin fan care what other fans think about our team I know I don't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pens tired of losing to the BRUINS, dirty hit on Erickson, dirty hit on Marchand and Kelly broken ankle, Boychuk...and on and on and WE ARE THE DIRTY TEAM ???

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

[/QUOTE]

When I start to agree with Stanley, I need a break from the boards...

[/QUOTE]
    I know - scary ain't it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bottom line is does any Bruin fan care what other fans think about our team I know I don't.

[/QUOTE]

Have you read anything here in the past two years?  People are obsessed with the perception of the team.  Like you, however, I couldn't possibly care less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you read anything here in the past two years?  People are obsessed with the perception of the team.  Like you, however, I couldn't possibly care less.

[/QUOTE]

I personally love the idea that other fan bases hate the Bruins because you have to care about something a lot to build up real hatred.  I mean, do you know anyone who hates the Panthers? People generally only hate the teams that are really good. Honestly speaking, I don't remember too many people hating the Bruins back in the days when Montreal bounced them from the playoffs every year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I personally love the idea that other fan bases hate the Bruins because you have to care about something a lot to build up real hatred.  I mean, do you know anyone who hates the Panthers? People generally only hate the teams that are really good. Honestly speaking, I don't remember too many people hating the Bruins back in the days when Montreal bounced them from the playoffs every year.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right Dez, if people hate the B's and there are lots of them, then that means only one thing, the Bruins are pretty good. if the B's were bottom feeders like the Panthers nobody would give 2 sheetz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

The TSN board says that the Bruins are a dirty team? Imagine that?

Isn't the TSN Board full of Leaf fans? Therein lies the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't think so.  They play physical and tough, but not dirty.  I have seen very few actual dirty plays by Bruins players.  Even the Thorton one wasn't terrible in my eyes. Suspendable, sure, but Orpik deserved something and was being a jerk running away, Thornton got frustrated.

I find a lot of teams (and their fans) confuse toughness and dirtyness.  The Bruins play tough and physical and other teams respond by bringing in goons like Scott or rats like Ott.

I think the Bruins are actually very clean and upstanding as a team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well the Bruins could always go back to the 2006-2007 Dave Lewis version. Man Boston was so exciting, riveting the way opposing teams feared coming to Beantown.

Sections
Shortcuts