Are the TB Lightning the new Montreal Canadiens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Are the TB Lightning the new Montreal Canadiens?

Some beautiful dives by the Lightning.  Particularly Downie and Bergenheim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Are the TB Lightning the new Montreal Canadiens?

I just knew someone was going to start a thread on this subject...lol!!

The answer is yes and it always seems to happen when a team does not have much toughness they go for the dive to get  the PP...

Of course it probably helps that the Lightning coach was an old Hab farmhand...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

no team can take the Diving gold from habs. the own that event.BASTARDS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

When John Carter was diving for the B's he was revered By Bruins fans as being a "master" at drawing penalties.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

True enough Tarpouch. The 04 playoffs will eternally live in infamy as the worst display of diving by a team in the playoffs ever in my book...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Just a side note:

Literally every time Boychuk had the puck on his stick, I thought he was going to give it away to the other team.  Amazing hits, but should not be allowed to handle the puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Are the TB Lightning the new Montreal Canadiens?:
    When John Carter was diving for the B's he was revered By Bruins fans as being a "master" at drawing penalties.
    Posted by kelvana33

Perhaps but he was a marginal regular then and did not last much more than a couple of seasons so my conscience is clean....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I have no respect for the bolts they are Habs clones after what I witnessed tonight cheapshots, diving, turtleing yup they are montreal south!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

How about that little slew-foot by St. Louis on Recchi as Rex was cutting in toward the net?  Recchi wanted to rip St. Louis' head off for that move.

Although to be fair, Marchand mad a similar move on a TB player earlier in the game.  Not good, Marchand.  I love his skills, but have notice a lot more cheap stuff in his game lately.  He can be effective without being a cheap-shot artist IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How about that little slew-foot by St. Louis on Recchi as Rex was cutting in toward the net?  Recchi wanted to rip St. Louis' head off for that move. Although to be fair, Marchand mad a similar move on a TB player earlier in the game.  Not good, Marchand.  I love his skills, but have notice a lot more cheap stuff in his game lately.  He can be effective without being a cheap-shot artist IMHO.
    Posted by Mutant211

I think TB was trying to match the Bruins in hardnosed, in-your-face play which is simply not their style. Once they started to do that the game slipped away from them...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

How about that little slew-foot by St. Louis on Recchi as Rex was cutting in toward the net?  Recchi wanted to rip St. Louis' head off for that move. Although to be fair, Marchand mad a similar move on a TB player earlier in the game.  Not good, Marchand.  I love his skills, but have notice a lot more cheap stuff in his game lately.  He can be effective without being a cheap-shot artist IMHO.
    Posted by Mutant211

Yeah that little move by St. Louis was very surprising, because he is generally a clean player.  And I have to say, I've never seen Recchi so angry in my life, he really wanted a piece of St. Louis. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Oh, and Bergenheim definitely baited Jack into saying one of the best quotes of the night.  That whole "fall to the ice like a paper doll" was hilarious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Definitely Jack Edwards best game in a long time. I just loved his hussle out there tonight. I noticed him every time he opened his mouth. The B's need him to be the way he was, tonight, for the rest of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

LOL  Good call, call.

I agree, TT-g.  That was a surprising move coming from a Lady Byng candidate.  It looked like Recchi's anger helped the rest of the team get a little more fired up, which worked in the Bruins' favor.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

did anyone notice the choice of music after bergenheim? was tapped by two B's simultaneously in front of the net? the guy just dropped like his legs were chopped off... no penalty called(rightfully so). seconds after, "we don't get fooled again" blares from the pa. love it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BernieCarbo75. Show BernieCarbo75's posts

Ipot, I was in the same situation. Glad it wasn't just me! And during the first intermission they made it sound as though the Bolts were crushing the Bs, when actually yes, they did lead in shots 10-8 and in opportunities 4-3, but the Bs had two long stretches in the first where they controlled play big time. And then at the end of the period. Those homers were driving me crazy. Oh yeah, and responding to the point of this post...yes, TB did dive a few times. I was glad finally when their announcers did suggest that in order for the power play to work the Bolts needed to score and that just getting PP opportunities obviously wasn't going to help if they couldn't finish. Impressive 3-5 SH for Bs for two minutes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it was pretty funny listening to the tb announcers...it was almost like they threw their arms in the air and said "what are we supposed to do?"- can't fight 'em, can't score on the pp, may as well go home and get ready for the next game-at this point i new the B's would not be denied- 2pts!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Interesting game game Saturday night.  Montreal is in Tampa.
    I can see the Habs in the penalty box a lot.  Habs are a little chippy and get caught a lot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place! who do you root for tb or ... oh wait this ones easy, NEVER root for the habs. can always root for the building to collaspe on both teams!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place! who do you root for tb or ... oh wait this ones easy, NEVER root for the habs. can always root for the building to collaspe on both teams!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Here we go BUILDING, here we go!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

gimme a b....gimme a ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here's a thread to re-visit. 
    I predict a real chippy series.  With players like Dominic "stick work " Moore and late hit Downie and Bergenheim.  Both just finished their hit on Kampfer today.
    Wonder if Boychuk remembers that cross check to the head he got.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

hahaha...not sure I agree with this thread...however, the title got me thinking...

Aren't the Lightning the team Montreal wishes it had? Exciting, high-end french talent, a team that plays the skill game, a young french coach, NHL legend in the GM seat, actually has won a Stanley Cup recently...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

You know, I've often thought this about Les Lightning. And I'm sure its not just  coincidence given the number of French Canadian snowbirds in the area.

Sections
Shortcuts