Are the Toronto Maple Leafs tougher than Us as a whole?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Are the Toronto Maple Leafs tougher than Us as a whole?

Laffs have been kicking some serious AZZ over the past few weeks.

Wishing Colton orr was still with us and our team toughness intensifies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Are the Toronto Maple Leafs tougher than Us as a whole?

What? You have to be joking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

There's a difference between gooning it up and having team toughness. No, the two aren't even comparable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The only benefit of adding Colton Orr to the Bruins would be bigger sales for the concession stands. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

They may not be tougher, but I've been watching them alot the last few games and they are certainly playing harder than we are. Orr is actually getting more time on the ice and doing an ok job. Have to give Carlyle credit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This Bruins team is both capable and tough. However, the more experienced D are starting to lose a step; Carrying Thornton is no longer viable; the 3rd line needs to add scoring and puck possesion, not just skating. Horton seems to have lost consistency, and sfter the Bogosian hit, his focus. Paille should stay with kelly/Peverly which means a necessary revamp of the 4th line with bigger bodies [ this was noticeable against Washington last year].

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

I have to agrre with you ..we are no longer the Big Bad Bruins...too many small bodies : paille, Bourque, Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Marchand, Kelly.....Thorton's carreer has ended with the Scott fight....we cant afford to risk injuries to Chara or Looch ...and McDermid doent fight...TRUE that if we would still have Orr with us it would help...we cant even compete with Buffalo since the fight ...players like..Kaleta,Ott , Scott own the B's ....I dont know what is going on with Cam Neely  but the. BRUINS need to get their roughness back ASAP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What a bizarre thread. Horton, Lucic, Chara, McQuaid, Thornton etc. No they're not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee6LTBWdqUA

Got anymore antaganistic, predictable threads you are going to be starting in the next few weeks Shab or Lufas troll ?

Seguin, Knight, Rask and Hamilton straight down your Laffs throat!

PS. But hey Phat Phil is starting to pick it up right ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I have to agrre with you ..we are no longer the Big Bad Bruins...too many small bodies : paille, Bourque, Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Marchand, Kelly.....Thorton's carreer has ended with the Scott fight....we cant afford to risk injuries to Chara or Looch ...and McDermid doent fight...TRUE that if we would still have Orr with us it would help...we cant even compete with Buffalo since the fight ...players like..Kaleta,Ott , Scott own the B's ....I dont know what is going on with Cam Neely  but the. BRUINS need to get their roughness back ASAP

I would have to say the highlighted names would argue that they are not "small bodies."

Bergeron- 6'2 194 lbs

Paille- 6' 200 lbs

Krejci- 6' 187 lbs (seems light to me)

Seguin- 6'1 183 lbs

Kelly- 6'0

Where are these small body players you mention? I'll give you that Bourque and Marchand are not the biggest but Marchand is willing to battle against anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Bergeron- 6'2 194 lbs

Paille- 6' 200 lbs

Krejci- 6' 187 lbs (seems light to me)

Seguin- 6'1 183 lbs

Kelly- 6'0

Where are these small body players you mention? I'll give you that Bourque and Marchand are not the biggest but Marchand is willing to battle against anyone.

I would dispute marchand, he's 5'9", but he is 190.  Yes, that is short, but 190 is a pretty beefy 5'9", and he's not 'fat' like in the old days, like Stan Jonathan was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Marchand's shorter than most players, but he's built like a brick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not expecting a steel cage match with everyone from both teams involved, so let's talk about who might win the hockey game.

Colton Orr is a bad hockey player who's one punch from Savardville.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Another bad thread by the OP..Colton Orr gets the decision against Parros who a week earlier had a good bout versus Scott who knocked out Thornton...Therefore, the Maple Leafs have to be a tougher team. C'mon...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Savadsville, is that located near the crossing of Stephens Pkwy and Lindros Way?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They're not.  Under Carlyle the Leafs have taken on the look of the kind of team much like he had with the Ducks.  The addition of McLaren, Fraser and the resurrection of Orr has involved the Leafs in more scraps but hasn't upped their overall level of talent. 

I don't see taking any of those three off the ice for 5 minutes being measured with the same value to team success as removing McQuaid, Lucic, Campbell, Horton, Chara and maybe Boychuk.  If anything the Leafs are outskating a lot of other teams right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Marble Loafs, their heirachy, and fans are just days away from finalizing the parade route.

Little do they know it leads right into the toilet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Toronto Make Believes bringing the Ahl experience to a town near you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

The Marble Loafs

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That's a new one for me.  Incredibly funny!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Again, I do not think Genius means what you think it means. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Again, I do not think Genius means what you think it means. 

I have always hoped he is just a troll who chose that name for reasons of irony.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

no....nobody is tougher than the Bruins overall imo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

They are leading the league in fights and hits. They are not being pushed around anymore. They even put Orr on the 3rd line. Smoked the Habs also. They are playing better but not in the Bruins class. Most teams in the East got tougher because of the Bruins. Now the Bruins might have to add a bigger heavyweight than Thornton.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to getoffthephone's comment:

They are leading the league in fights and hits. They are not being pushed around anymore. They even put Orr on the 3rd line. Smoked the Habs also. They are playing better but not in the Bruins class. Most teams in the East got tougher because of the Bruins. Now the Bruins might have to add a bigger heavyweight than Thornton.

Especially since he does not seem to be interested in dropping the mits after the "Scott Incident." His icetime is starting to mirror that of the other dancing clowns (NAS phrase) in the league, that is to say, to the point of extreme irrelevance...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Camara..groom him.

O'Reilly..get him!

Sections
Shortcuts