Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

You'd think the Bruins were a last place club with comments left on some of these posts.

We have a really good defence. The stats say we do as a lot of the hockey pundits also agree.

We have a new blue chip forward playing his fist game tomorrow night.

We have a really, really good 1 -  2 goalie tandem that many NHL clubs would be envious over.

We are healthy. So is our Baby B's !

And we are close to the top in the standings.

I like our chances a whole lot better than some other NHL clubs going into the playoffs.

I would really hate to see this fourm if we were a last place club. We might be eating our own here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

Stuke, you must be a kool aid swigging apologist if you're still willing to root for a 1st place team that only won one Stanley Cup since since the great collapse of 2010. Screw all of the good they've done since. Only the negatives matter if you're a "real fan".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Stuke, you must be a kool aid swigging apologist if you're still willing to root for a 1st place team that only won one Stanley Cup since since the great collapse of 2010. Screw all of the good they've done since. Only the negatives matter if you're a "real fan".

What is there to say sorry for ? Really ? You don't like how CJ coaches ? Great. Get in line. You don't like the way some of our elite players have being playing. Again. Get in line. But Fact Jack ! There a good hockey team with a better than average chance of bringing the Cup back to Boston. Your allowed to Belly ache as much as Iam allowed to point out that this is a good team. Just got to be patient.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

What is there to say sorry for ? Really ? You don't like how CJ coaches ? Great. Get in line. You don't like the way some of our elite players have being playing. Again. Get in line. But Fact Jack ! There a good hockey team with a better than average chance of bringing the Cup back to Boston. Your allowed to Belly ache as much as Iam allowed to point out that this is a good team. Just got to be patient.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of showing support when things aren't going well. I've never seen such a collection of fair weather fans as what we get treated to here. I like how they act all victimized when folks disagree with them. They act like it's just due to them being negative about the Bruins when in fact, complaints about the team are what half of the posts on the forum are about. It's the off the rocker hissy fits that I take issue with. I'm all for a poster's right to say whatever they want to as long as i still have the right to say I think their opinion is stupid and juvenile. What a country!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of showing support when things aren't going well. I've never seen such a collection of fair weather fans as what we get treated to here. I like how they act all victimized when folks disagree with them. They act like it's just due to them being negative about the Bruins when in fact, complaints about the team are what half of the posts on the forum are about. It's the off the rocker hissy fits that I take issue with. I'm all for a poster's right to say whatever they want to as long as i still have the right to say I think their opinion is stupid and juvenile. What a country!

Not only do they complain when the B's lose, they don't find the good in a win either. We all come in here and question stuff, call out players etc..But certain posters here, I'm thinking Soxfan and RWTK come in after every loss and go off on the same stuff. Doesnt matter wich loss either, same stuff, the blew the lead, the refs cost them the game etc...That train is never late, but I've also noticed they never come in after a win and post about the good stuff.

Some people just like misery. Must suck to be them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Not only do they complain when the B's lose, they don't find the good in a win either. We all come in here and question stuff, call out players etc..But certain posters here, I'm thinking Soxfan and RWTK come in after every loss and go off on the same stuff. Doesnt matter wich loss either, same stuff, the blew the lead, the refs cost them the game etc...That train is never late, but I've also noticed they never come in after a win and post about the good stuff.

Some people just like misery. Must suck to be them.

Kel, every day here is filled with various complaints about the Bruins yet we have a few posters who feel they don't get a fair shake because they dare speak "the truth".  It seems like the only ones who want to get up on a soapbox are doing it just so they can cry louder. Fine for them if they want to act like that. Just as it's OK for us to laugh at them if we so choose. Seems like a simple process but of course, I consider myself to be sane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

good points Dez...I usually post these days asking questions as I'm not able to watch every game like a lot of our Bruin fans can. I like most of the answers I get. Lot's of thoughtful posters here. I've seen lot's of upset Bruin fans and it's so easy to fall into that type of post. I try to leave the negative posts alone. I really am looking forward to the playoffs. We can all jump on the first team we meet and verbally thrash them...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I've been a B's fan since Don Cherry was the coach, it's not possible to want to see this team win more than me.

Greg Campbell on the 1st line and Milan Lucic heading for the press box sucks

Jaromir Jagr on the bench in a shootout is beyond stupidity

Having your players targeted without response is a bad sign, and shows a lack of emotion

What ? that means your a more dedicated fan? Please

I mention those things because I support my team, because I want them to win

I'll let the three of you get back to your conversation now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I've been a B's fan since Don Cherry was the coach, it's not possible to want to see this team win more than me.

Greg Campbell on the 1st line and Milan Lucic heading for the press box sucks

Jaromir Jagr on the bench in a shootout is beyond stupidity

Having your players targeted without response is a bad sign, and shows a lack of emotion

What ? that means your a more dedicated fan? Please

I mention those things because I support my team, because I want them to win

I'll let the three of you get back to your conversation now

There's nothing wrong with anything you just said. I don't think anyone is attacking you for saying it either. Why is it you think there's a "real fan" competition going on? Folks who disagree with you aren't trying to tell you what to think. They're just not agreeing with you. Taking issue with the team or particular players is what all of us do all of the time. It's not as groundbreaking as some of you seem to think it is. I don't question your passion as a fan regardless of whether or not I agree with what you say sometimes.  I know you want them to win. I'm sure that you know I don't like to see them lose either. There's much we disagree on. Wanting to see the Bruins win isn't one of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No problem with the criticism JWensink, not at all. Just get tired of band wagon jumpers. Quitting on the team is NOT an option when your a Bruin fan. Never has for me anytime.

PS: i go back to dean prentice and the lowly eddie johnston in goal !!! now those were lean times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"There's much we disagree on. Wanting to see the Bruins win isn't one of them."

+1,000,000!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I mention those things because I support my team, because I want them to win.

It's funny, I'm not really into segregating "fans", as in "fair weather", "real" or "apologists", but it does seem that Bruins fans are different than the other Boston-based teams.

I live outside the city and watch all but heartily root for just two of the teams- the B's being my favorite- and we seem to be harder on the Bruins than the other sports. You never hear Patriots fans on Sports Radio haranguing the Pats after a win. I'll raise my hand as guilty for being willing to celebrate a win, yet still be pissed at a soft goal, or obvious lack of effort. For some reason with the Bruins, "a win isnt a win isnt a win" as it is with the other teams. But as much as I hate the sky-is-falling mentality on here at times.. I actually prefer the willingness to call out a team/player even after a win.

Just my two cents...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well put Dez.  When someone chooses to voice an opinion(repeated opinions) on a public forum, they automatically become fair game to spirited debate.  A reasonable opinion should be shaped by the sum of logical occurrence, and when speaking publicly, people have the responsibility to state and defend that logic.  If it appears flawed, if a better one appears, reasonable folks usually consider alternative views.

Positive, negative...it doesn't matter to me.  We have as many pom pom wavers, as negative nelly's.  We also have a few that just like reading themselves.  Those that have my respect are quite simply those who state their logic, coupled with the appearance of genuinely looking to increase their knowledge.  We should always be on the lookout for a better idea.  Accepting that, doesn't mean you lose.  You win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

It's funny, I'm not really into segregating "fans", as in "fair weather", "real" or "apologists", but it does seem that Bruins fans are different than the other Boston-based teams.

I live outside the city and watch all but heartily root for just two of the teams- the B's being my favorite- and we seem to be harder on the Bruins than the other sports. You never hear Patriots fans on Sports Radio haranguing the Pats after a win. I'll raise my hand as guilty for being willing to celebrate a win, yet still be pissed at a soft goal, or obvious lack of effort. For some reason with the Bruins, "a win isnt a win isnt a win" as it is with the other teams. But as much as I hate the sky-is-falling mentality on here at times.. I actually prefer the willingness to call out a team/player even after a win.

Just my two cents...

You absolutely do.  "They won, but Tom Brady threw two picks."  "They won, but they only ran the ball ten times in the second half."  "They won, but the defense gave up 28 points."  "They won, but they were only 2-5 in the Red Zone."

I think Pats fans (and I'm a Pats fan) were the start of the "A win is a win, but not enjoyable unless a perfect blowout".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Just my two cents...

You absolutely do.  "They won, but Tom Brady threw two picks."  "They won, but they only ran the ball ten times in the second half."  "They won, but the defense gave up 28 points."  "They won, but they were only 2-5 in the Red Zone."

I think Pats fans (and I'm a Pats fan) were the start of the "A win is a win, but not enjoyable unless a perfect blowout".

You can't put "criticism" and "Brady" in the same sentence NAS. Take it back. You do hear an occasional, momentary, "questioning" of the Pats after a loss. But never the "sky is falling" that we get around here. The Pats receive a benefit of the doubt across the spectrum of their organization that Bruins simply do not. Drafting, decision-making, performance (for the most part). Remember, "in Bill we Trust". Pats fans are far more lenient and patient when hiccups occur. That's just my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts