Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

We have one of the lowest goals against of any NHL club. 

We have one of the best 1-2 goalie tandem ( again ), in the NHL.

We have an elite ( so the hockey pundits say) forward joining our team tomorrow.

We are heading into the playoffs as top seed in our division.

We are healthy ( so are our Providence Bruins ).

If we are in fact eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, then I'm sure there will be an onslaught of criticism on who should go and who should be fired. But for now, I don't think things are really that bad. Can hardly wait for the playoffs

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Are Things Really THAT Bad ?

Stuke, my post just got removed and I have no idea why. Perhaps it was because I said only a kool aid drinking apologist would stick by a 1st place team that only won 1 Cup since 2010. Apparently I'm all of those things too since I haven't thrown a hissy fit after every loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Right On! Lot's of positive to go on and consider for the push in the playoffs.

Bruins have just as good a chance as any team in their conference. Looking forward to the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

We have an elite ( so the hockey pundits say) forward joining our team tomorrow.

If we are in fact eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, then I'm sure there will be an onslaught of criticism on who should go and who should be fired. But for now, I don't think things are really that bad. Can hardly wait for the playoffs

Somebody clearly hasnt watched a Bruins' game since the first week of March.

You want a factoid? The Bruins are raked #29 (out of 30 teams in the NHL) is winning percentage in games they led going into the third period. No lead is ever safe. Ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Lets just throw "hissy fits" after every blown lead loss. It just "seems" like every loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Somebody clearly hasnt watched a Bruins' game since the first week of March.

You want a factoid? The Bruins are raked #29 (out of 30 teams in the NHL) is winning percentage in games they led going into the third period. No lead is ever safe. Ever.

Another factoid !  Bruins won the Cup without a PP. No other team has done that !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

And you guys really think it can be done again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's been done two years in a row.

The whole Bruin offense was infinitely worse in 2010 when they had fewer than 200 goals for the year.  Then they beat the Sabres and came within a hair's breadth of beating the Flyers.

Nothing surprises me when the playoffs start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they lose in the first round, the ECF or the Finals, or if they win it all again, my life remains exactly the same overall.

Sure, there would be some excitment and some cheering missing, but not enough to spend hours a day spewing hatred.  I'm so bored with people coming here after games and posting, "Great victory, but..."

Everyone wants to be soothsayer.  "If they don't XYZ, they won't go far in the playoffs."  La la la la live for today! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Lets just throw "hissy fits" after every blown lead loss. It just "seems" like every loss.

Why don't you go tell your wife what you think. I bet she can't wait to hear another senseless rant while you're punching doors. It must be exciting for her to live with the boy who never grew up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'll give Soxfan this. It is frustrating to watch them loose another game late in the 3rd, when after the last 3 years, it was a given that they would win. Didn't matter who they were playing, it was over. If not a complete shutdown of the other teams offensive chances, then TT would make an amazing save. 

But for some reason, these late game losses are now a regular occurrence  Is it a lack of effort from the Forwards, an aging D, or goal-tending that isn't as good as it was? Who knows. This I do know. They are usually in every game right until the end, which means they are either as good as all the other teams, or they are working as hard as the other teams. 

I do watch them hoping they win, because to be honest with you all, most nights I do not find the hockey in the NHL to be all that exciting. Dump and chase, neutral zone traps, 4 along the blue line, etc... is not always EXCITING to watch. But these systems or styles of play are essential for success which in turn means they can win. Offense puts fannys in the seats, but Defense wins Championships.  

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts