are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne?

Well have not heard from some of these fans with great scouting credentials on Big Joe. i  stated i was never a fan , ask Deza he knows and also mentioned that hamill would be a bust when almost everyone was making him out to be a star. Now we have spooner and Knight. I'm curious i would like to know what some of you guys think they will become? Pls , I'm curious, How about Caron?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne?

Throwing in the towel ? Joe is in his first full year in the AHL. What's this "we" ? When all you really do is come on here and put down just about everything that Chiarelli does.

Joe is 20 years old with 19 points in 29 games this season while his best sniper Sauve was out for 5 weeks. Who on here said Hamill was going to be a star ? Where do you come up with this stuff ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I'm not willing to throw the towel in yet on Colborne. He has two more years to make the parent squad. He reminds me of Joe Thornton or poor man version and needs coaching from Mike Keenan at this point

Hamill to me is as good as done though. Not sure if he is depressed of not being able to make the nhl, but the guy just doesn't have the right mix of attitude and aggression to be a nhl player. He is playing worst than he was with Providence last year

Sad to say also but most of the guys from Providence are not promising prospects outside of Sauve, Arniel, Caron, Bartowski. Next year batch of rookies including Cunningham, Spooner, Knight definitely bring alot more promise

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Sandog, you have been posting longer here then me. U mean u do not remember those who had Hamill as the next star . have u forgotten? well this
    do u remember and i don't recall if u were one of the , what some said about bitz and even Hunwick who i do like but he will take much time to develop.
    is why i took the time to start a thread on colborne so this way there are no misunderstandings. All right we all kno his age and yes he is in first year so tell me what's ur take on collborne?

i don't kno how to recover old threads actually i never really tried. if we can retrieve them you will see.

Btw- you are correct i do put just about everything Chiarelli does. I Did feel right about the horton trade , that remains to be seen. He's just not a great hockey mind and really what has he done? Seriously it's 5 yrs and we have not gotten out of the second round . Do u not think that i would rather be here praising his works but i cannot . Sandog, it's all about winning and we have not . I am not comfortable in mediocrity. Now seriously , does any iof this make sense to you.

BTW sauve was the guy i wanted to see, and i do like Marchand and i have posted that . None of these will be stars but marchand can become a solid 3rd liner, do u agree?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne?:
    [QUOTE] Sad to say also but most of the guys from Providence are not promising prospects outside of Sauve, Arniel, Caron, Bartowski. Next year batch of rookies including Cunningham, Spooner, Knight definitely bring alot more promise  
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Well said!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You'd have to be a downright fool to judge a player's career after 29 AHL games.

Well, thanks for the confirmation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

"Sauve, Arniel, Caron, Bartowski" and we can add Kampfer to that list, so the P-B's are close to average in terms of the number of "live" future NHL players on their roster.  It's truly a numbers game.  Most AHL players won't make it, just as most NHL players are grinders and role players vs. stars, which is why there'll always be a need on any team for players like Paille, Marchand, Campbell and Thornton. 

I urge anyone to attend a few AHL games, then look through the rosters and you'll find that on most teams, only 25-33% of the players have a reasonable shot of making it to the NHL.  Usually 1 of the goalies, 2 D and 3 forwards = 6 players out of 20 would be typical.

And Marco, the vast majority here have been pretty consistent in not liking Hamill's game from the gitgo.  The jury's out on Colborne obviously, as he's doing what ALL former college players must do:  learn how to play professional hockey, which is a TOTAL re-building process for 90+% of 'em.  At this point I don't care for him, but there's no need to make predictions after just 30 games or so.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

How many Providence games have you all watched?? Not only are college players learning the Professional game, BUT, the Providence players are learning Claude's defense first game. How do you rate them on that??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Zach Hamill - I said there was a problem when after being drafted by the Bruins, his numbers went DOWN next year in jr. and he was being outscored by a 17 year old.

Colborne:  Too early to tell.  His stats trend upward.  Stats can be twisted in all kinds of ways, but when your numbers do not trend upward or at least stay the same for college, jr. and the AHL that is a very bad sign.

He got DESTROYED by the stick (or was it an elbow?) to the mouth in preseason?  I thought he was playing really well up until then, he did get a consussion altho I need they didn't report it.  He could barely stay on his feet after that.  Tough kid, got stitched up and was back in practice in a day or so.

re: PC, bad moves early on, but you have to look at the trend.  He is trending toward getting better.  Keeping Ryder over Sturm, not sure about that, but maybe that was the only thing he could do if no one would take Ryder for anything.  Everyone thought the TT contract was totally stupid, but now what does everyone think?  IMO TT should be getting almost the whole cap because he's winning games all by himself, he should be getting their pay checks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

This has to be one of the most short-sighted posts on here in a long time. Colborne isn't even a year into his professional career and you're close to throwing in the towel? Next you'll be saying that Seguin isn't living up to the hype and that we should trade him! If you want to rip Wheeler, Ryder, Horton, anyone on the defense or the coaching staff, have at it, but try having some objectivity with prospects.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]re: Zach Hamill - I said there was a problem when after being drafted by the Bruins, his numbers went DOWN next year in jr. and he was being outscored by a 17 year old. Colborne:  Too early to tell.  His stats trend upward.  Stats can be twisted in all kinds of ways, but when your numbers do not trend upward or at least stay the same for college, jr. and the AHL that is a very bad sign. He got DESTROYED by the stick (or was it an elbow?) to the mouth in preseason?  I thought he was playing really well up until then, he did get a consussion altho I need they didn't report it.  He could barely stay on his feet after that.  Tough kid, got stitched up and was back in practice in a day or so. re: PC, bad moves early on, but you have to look at the trend.  He is trending toward getting better.  Keeping Ryder over Sturm, not sure about that, but maybe that was the only thing he could do if no one would take Ryder for anything.  Everyone thought the TT contract was totally stupid, but now what does everyone think?  IMO TT should be getting almost the whole cap because he's winning games all by himself, he should be getting their pay checks.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Allright, bad hab, i will admit that i felt Tt would noty have a good year and boy is he proving me wrong! However it remains to be seen if his contract was waranted so far this year . defintitely yes. I also like the emotion that tt has been displaying just wish it would transcend to the rest of the players.

Now, to conclude i wish that TT come big playoff time we all know that there is time where we gonna need him . I don,t know if there is a player in boston who i would love to see hold the cup more then Tim Thomas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]This has to be one of the most short-sighted posts on here in a long time. Colborne isn't even a year into his professional career and you're close to throwing in the towel? Next you'll be saying that Seguin isn't living up to the hype and that we should trade him! If you want to rip Wheeler, Ryder, Horton, anyone on the defense or the coaching staff, have at it, but try having some objectivity with prospects.
    Posted by choclab511[/QUOTE]

well, choco, it has been said that we would need at least half the year to evalauate Seguin and that my friend at the NHL level . Colborne is at the aahl level and they are about half way . I'll take my channces and remember this post of urs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]You'd have to be a downright fool to judge a player's career after 29 AHL games. Well, thanks for the confirmation!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Ok, NAS , then allow me to be the fool and ask u how long a marker ur opinion is fair to evaluate a palyer. The way i see it if u give him a full year, ur now getting pretty close or even at an established fact . In other words no longer a prediction,. I have watched and read colborne and i personally do not believe he is better then Wheeler. i think enough said.

However i will put this post of urs in my memory archives and will remind you of it whether i am wrong or right !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]"Sauve, Arniel, Caron, Bartowski" and we can add Kampfer to that list, so the P-B's are close to average in terms of the number of "live" future NHL players on their roster.  It's truly a numbers game.  Most AHL players won't make it, just as most NHL players are grinders and role players vs. stars, which is why there'll always be a need on any team for players like Paille, Marchand, Campbell and Thornton.  I urge anyone to attend a few AHL games, then look through the rosters and you'll find that on most teams, only 25-33% of the players have a reasonable shot of making it to the NHL.  Usually 1 of the goalies, 2 D and 3 forwards = 6 players out of 20 would be typical. And Marco, the vast majority here have been pretty consistent in not liking Hamill's game from the gitgo.  The jury's out on Colborne obviously, as he's doing what ALL former college players must do:  learn how to play professional hockey, which is a TOTAL re-building process for 90+% of 'em.  At this point I don't care for him, but there's no need to make predictions after just 30 games or so.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

good post Bruinscountry, there is agreement there with what i am saying. As far as the jury being out on Colborne , i will take my chances and say that the judgement is in. hey but i could defintely be wrong and i will sure be bashed and reminded of it. Keep in mind many felt this kid would be a star and there is no question that many have said that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hey look at marco -- the monkey got loose on the keyboard again...

Everyone who paid any attention to Colborne should have known that the kid would need a full season in the AHL to develop.  He has been behind on his development all along because he grew a huge frame and needed time to grow into it.  He was a goofy, lanky looking kid when he showed up at Denver U.  He played junior-A for that reason and then spent two years in Denver to gain the muscle need to play.  Unlike some prospects (ahem, Hamill) he has done the hard work in the weight room and done everything the trainers have asked of him.  Now he just needs the chance to get used to pro hockey.  Who knows if he'll be a good NHL player or not? 

But to give up on him now makes absolutely no sense. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I was always curious about the Providence Bruins and the system they played. It makes sense to play the same system as the NHL team you are associated with, but that would mean Claude has to sell it to the coach coaching providence...Must be tough on that coach, if that isnt his style of coaching....Really strikes up some questions about how its done....Any more insight would be appreciated on farm team coaching and the NHL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne? : Ok, NAS , then allow me to be the fool and ask u how long a marker ur opinion is fair to evaluate a palyer. The way i see it if u give him a full year, ur now getting pretty close or even at an established fact . In other words no longer a prediction,. I have watched and read colborne and i personally do not believe he is better then Wheeler. i think enough said. However i will put this post of urs in my memory archives and will remind you of it whether i am wrong or right !!
    Posted by marco1001[/QUOTE]

Take a look at what Anthony Stewart is doing in Atlanta this year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne? : Take a look at what Anthony Stewart is doing in Atlanta this year. 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=59627

Talk about a great example of NHL organizations not giving up on a player. So once again an obvious Hab fan wants Bruins fans to believe that Joe Colborne is done after 29 games in the NHL.

I cannot be brought down to a French first speaking hockey fans opinion of Chiarelli. Save you discourse for hockey fans who don't let stats and facts get in their way Marco!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: are we getting close to throwing the towel on colborne? : http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=59627 Talk about a great example of NHL organizations not giving up on a player. So once again an obvious Hab fan wants Bruins fans to believe that Joe Colborne is done after 29 games in the NHL. I cannot be brought down to a French first speaking hockey fans opinion of Chiarelli. Save you discourse for hockey fans who don't let stats and facts get in their way Marco!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San dog, how silly are u , really? u just had to throw that in an obvious mtl fan, u kno how silly that sounds. Why would anyone fake being a whikle all the while he's a mtl fan.. Tell me ur kidding, this is what upsets me.

Look how many said they will evaluate seguin at mid season well it's almost mid season in a lower end league and the best u can do is bring AS as an example. What the heck are u trying to say!

u went and dig up Anthony stewart ,  what is he a precedant of making all busts hopeful, give me a break!! I'm going again on record JC will never be anywhere close to the nhler many felt, no where close in fact i doubt he'll see many games in the nhl..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who cares if you "go on the record"?  Your opinion isn't work a bucket of mule dung.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares if you "go on the record"?  Your opinion isn't work a bucket of mule dung.

does that include the bucket?

Sections
Shortcuts