Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?

i gave up on him 2 years ago when we wanted to trade for him. even in toronto when you watched him play he looked clueless out there with those bug eyes of his

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?:
    [QUOTE]Dez - I meant that when fans were getting down on Horton, the whole "laziness" and "he has a history of disengaging' nonsense came out. I personally don't think he had a lack of effort, I was more saying that's what the perception was. You and I know the real thing was point production and it cured all ills when he started scoring again. On that point you're dead right.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I'm in total agreement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Maybe I will. If its a turning point and not just a flash in the pan(ahem Ryder), the last thing this team needs is to have another player who plays well only once every 15-20gms. The "what have you done for me lately" thing doesnt work with Kaberle either, its more like "what have you ever done as a bruin" I know its a small sample size but he has not done much. No wonder people are down on him.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, maybe Kelly is an even better example.Many were quick to proclaim Kelly as PC's worst trade ever(popular catchphrase) but he's now a fan favourite(until he stops producing).Regarding Kaberle, I'll always take team wins over personal accomplishments any time.If the Bruins win this series I'll still think it was a good trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

To say the least, I am disappointed in his play.  The fact remains many on here including myself would be saying some thing about playing for contract next year so he is piling up the points.  He is neither  He is smooth but not a fast skater, great passer, does not feel comfortable with mucking for the puck, and is generally mild tempered at least on ice.  It is up for him to improve his game, if not then the Bs management will move on.  If you said to me at the beginning of the year the Bs would trade their first and Colbourne to be in the final four.  I think I would have made the deal.  Kaberle was the best option for Chiarelli, if he fails there is still cap room next year.  Meanwhile, I hope he finds his game now.  Cheers.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE] And, since when did you become the expert on Boston's fanbase?  That was a good one.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Right arouind the time you became an expert on drafting players in today's NHL(not a very good one).It really doesn't take an expert to get a read on Bruins fans but that's great you got such a kick out of it. Kaberle is 2nd on the D in +/- but please go on about what a huge liability he is. Feel free to explain why Yzerman didn't draft Skinner while you're at it.Does it really bother you that much that no one cares what you think? I suspect you'd get a little more leeway if you were able to distinguish between your opinion and fact(it's real easy for us to see the difference).I'll let you get back to sulking now......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : ILH, maybe Kelly is an even better example.Many were quick to proclaim Kelly as PC's worst trade ever(popular catchphrase) but he's now a fan favourite(until he stops producing).Regarding Kaberle, I'll always take team wins over personal accomplishments any time.If the Bruins win this series I'll still think it was a good trade.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on your last sentence dez...hopefully Kaberle will be part of the reason they advance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I thought he would be better, but he has until the end of the playoffs
    i watched him for several years here in Toronto and he can play better

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : I'm with you on your last sentence dez...hopefully Kaberle will be part of the reason they advance. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Hang, if the Bruins keep winning,I'll care about little else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he has 13 potential games to prove his worth. i certainly hope he does, to win a cup, everyone will need to pitch in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Hang, if the Bruins keep winning,I'll care about little else.

How true...don't forget to eat and shower though!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : How true...don't forget to eat and shower though!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    My girlfriend makes sure I remember to shower.If I forget to shower, there's something else she says I can forget.She's a great motivator......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Right arouind the time you became an expert on drating players in today's NHL(not a very good one).It really doesn't take an expert to get a read on Bruins fans but that's great you got such a kick out of it. Kaberle is 2nd on the D in +/- but please go on about what a huge liability he is. Feel free to explain why Yzerman didn't draft Skinner while you're at it.Does it really bother you that much that no one cares what you think? I suspect you'd get a little more leeway if you were able to distinguish between your opinion and fact(it's real easy for us to see the difference).I'll let you get back to sulking now......
    Wow.  And your actually trying to defend it.  What an ego.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Does it really bother you that much that no one cares what you think? I suspect you'd get a little more leeway if you were able to distinguish between your opinion and fact(it's real easy for us to see the difference).
    And now your the spokesperson for the forum!  This is getting good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Stop there please. This was a good discussion. Would like to hear other opinions on it.

The truth of the matter is time of year is a huge factor. Horton's slump was early season, Kelly's slow start didn't stop the team from cruising into the playoffs. Even Ryder has been given a pass by many for a lackluster season after 3-4 stellar games in Round 1. Timing is everything, and Kaberle's play is hurting right now when it matters most.

As you guys pointed out, there's time to turn it around. But if this continues, I think its fair game to judge re-signing based on what he actually accomplished and not what he should have. It's the same reason why some around these parts were actually sad to see Wideman go. When it mattered most, he elevated his game. They could use that right about now....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Stop there please. This was a good discussion. Would like to hear other opinions on it. The truth of the matter is time of year is a huge factor. Horton's slump was early season, Kelly's slow start didn't stop the team from cruising into the playoffs. Even Ryder has been given a pass by many for a lackluster season after 3-4 stellar games in Round 1. Timing is everything, and Kaberle's play is hurting right now when it matters most. As you guys pointed out, there's time to turn it around. But if this continues, I think its fair game to judge re-signing based on what he actually accomplished and not what he should have. It's the same reason why some around these parts were actually sad to see Wideman go. When it mattered most, he elevated his game. They could use that right about now....
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I think he has a "country club" attitude about NHL hockey.  Been stuck in boring Toronto for too long.  I agree, one 2 pt game and a big Bruins win tonight and we forget all about it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

like i've been saying since the trade ,I hated the trade the day it was made and I hate it now...its actually worse than I expected

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : ILH, maybe Kelly is an even better example.Many were quick to proclaim Kelly as PC's worst trade ever(popular catchphrase) but he's now a fan favourite(until he stops producing).Regarding Kaberle, I'll always take team wins over personal accomplishments any time.If the Bruins win this series I'll still think it was a good trade.

dez i know we have talked about this before and i value your opinion,and anyone who's post i reply to for that matter unless i am ripping that post or poster. i think my problem is i expected so much from kaberle. power-play qb,veteran d-man who's played in a intense hockey town and more importantly someone who by all accounts wanted to be here because of the bruins chances going forward. that's what i thought tomas was bringing here. i guess u could say he says brought all those things but none have worked out to the extent we had all thought. first facts the power play has gotten worse. i know it is more then just one persons fault,but it was bad to start and the bruins inserted kaberle and it got worse. reasons why there are ton but tomas's unwillingness to shoot has been a major problem. play in his own end, wow he is slower then every skater out there. races to the puck in defensive corners he is almost waiting for the forechecker to tie him up in the corner. now there have been pluses too be they are to far in between each other. didn't u guys think there would be more of those end to end rushes like in the 1st period of the tb game. also i want to believe its just me but check the minutes julian doesn't trust him out there.17:39 toi and that's with game 2 when chara was out against Montreal.Philly series game 2 mcquaid out in first period. games 3 and 4 with hnidy getting less then 3 minutes a game and 4 overtime games. i know you guys are saying he is not hurting them and if they move on then it was still a good move by chiarelli but i just don't think he's helping either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Wow.  And your actually trying to defend it.  What an ego.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Do you suggest I try your approach of ignoring anyone who legitimately questions my opinion while answering only those questions I feel support my claims? Is it hard to walk with your tail between your legs? Maybe you just need a little confidence,I'm not sure. I do know you haven't answered my direct question for a full day now so what's up with that? It seems you're still upset I would dare claim Bergeron to be better than DK during the pre-season. The season's now almost over. Shouldn't your sulking be too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : And now your the spokesperson for the forum!  This is getting good.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    See Bim, you were unable to see the subtle difference in how we post. By starting out saying  "I suspect", it becomes clear that I represent ONLY my own opinion.Oh well, good luck getting over whatever it is that's got you crying.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : dez i know we have talked about this before and i value your opinion,and anyone who's post i reply to for that matter unless i am ripping that post or poster. i think my problem is i expected so much from kaberle. power-play qb,veteran d-man who's played in a intense hockey town and more importantly someone who by all accounts wanted to be here because of the bruins chances going forward. that's what i thought tomas was bringing here. i guess u could say he says brought all those things but none have worked out to the extent we had all thought. first facts the power play has gotten worse. i know it is more then just one persons fault,but it was bad to start and the bruins inserted kaberle and it got worse. reasons why there are ton but tomas's unwillingness to shoot has been a major problem. play in his own end, wow he is slower then every skater out there. races to the puck in defensive corners he is almost waiting for the forechecker to tie him up in the corner. now there have been pluses too be they are to far in between each other. didn't u guys think there would be more of those end to end rushes like in the 1st period of the tb game. also i want to believe its just me but check the minutes julian doesn't trust him out there.17:39 toi and that's with game 2 when chara was out against Montreal.Philly series game 2 mcquaid out in first period. games 3 and 4 with hnidy getting less then 3 minutes a game and 4 overtime games. i know you guys are saying he is not hurting them and if they move on then it was still a good move by chiarelli but i just don't think he's helping either.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Loyal, I think the question will always come back to who would be better to take his place right now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

The whole team better show up tonight, they can't give another one away like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?:[QUOTE] If you said to me at the beginning of the year the Bs would trade their first and Colbourne to be in the final four.  I think I would have made the deal.  Kaberle was the best option for Chiarelli, if he fails there is still cap room next year.  Meanwhile, I hope he finds his game now.  Cheers.  Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Well put Isla and I do think that PC would have preferred Pitkanen but the Canes were still in the race. I'll say again too I'd make that deal again if Kaberle was the only one left on my board of choices.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Loyal, I think the question will always come back to who would be better to take his place right now?

thats another thing we talked about dez. nobody can take his place, he is the best option right now and that is a fact. hnidy is worse and kampfer is hurt.