Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?

In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : thats another thing we talked about dez. nobody can take his place, he is the best option right now and that is a fact. hnidy is worse and kampfer is hurt.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Loyal. Like it or not, he is the guy we're running with. Let's just hope he gets up to speed before it's too late. Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I know we all want more, but Kaberle has made some good plays to set up goals and is +6.  The best bottom pair D in the playoffs.  Far superior to the duo that Seguin embarrassed in game 1.  I am extremely happy that Kaberle-McQuaid is our worst option to have out there.  Getting Kaberle was a trade that was made because we had the cap room to try to put us over the top.  He gives us a competitive edge that we didn't have before he came, that's all that matters, whether it's big or small.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Well put Isla and I do think that PC would have preferred Pitkanen but the Canes were still in the race. I'll say again too I'd make that deal again if Kaberle was the only one left on my board of choices.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Pitkanen would have been my choice if it were possible. That said, PC has been after Kabs for a while so he likely was just as happy to get him. And yes, even with hindsight if I were PC I would have done the same thing....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Kab was expected to be the player in Bos he was in TO. This was never going to happen with the Bès system.

The PP was far better in TO as well, coaching gave him a few games when he got here but almost immediately his style was altered.

I never wanted him from 2 years ago, I have always seen him as overated.  He has played well, no player plays fault free, but his miscues have been not near as evident as some players. His stock would go up big time with a few points. Seems to have worked for Kelly, he was promoted to the 2nd line despite being less talented than many, tho his points may have been used up as he is no longer the cage and doesnèt have Ryder to carry him.lol

The B's game the other night was similar to effort against habnots in game 1 and 2. It was not a great TB team that won, it was an uninspired Bos team that lost.

Loss fell to TEAM effort and clod coaching out of his own solar (hisanus) system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Dez, i answered your question in my posts.  But, I'll gladly belabor the point.

Bruins management likes grinders with no skill, generally speaking.  Tampa Bay drafts speed and skill.  2 different schools of philosophy.  I prefer the latter.

CJ's first pick was Hamill who is obviously a bust.  Steve Y picked a gritty, skilled power forward who may have made the team this season if he didn't have the hip injury and layoff and if Tampa Bay had a sell off like Carolina did.  Skinner was in because the old was out.

The point about Connolly and Jared Knight spoke to the philosophies of each teams management ideals.  Connolly had a great offensive year and so did other players who were drafted after 32.  I'm not sure how you missed the point, but I feel Tampa Bay has a better philosophy regarding player selection than the Bruins with respect to the new NHL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, i answered your question in my posts.  But, I'll gladly belabor the point. Bruins management likes grinders with no skill, generally speaking.  Tampa Bay drafts speed and skill.  2 different schools of philosophy.  I prefer the latter. CJ's first pick was Hamill who is obviously a bust.  Steve Y picked a gritty, skilled power forward who may have made the team this season if he didn't have the hip injury and layoff and if Tampa Bay had a sell off like Carolina did.  Skinner was in because the old was out. The point about Connolly and Jared Knight spoke to the philosophies of each teams management ideals.  Connolly had a great offensive year and so did other players who were drafted after 32.  I'm not sure how you missed the point, but I feel Tampa Bay has a better philosophy regarding player selection than the Bruins with respect to the new NHL.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    So you're still not willing to admit Stevie Y made a mistake in passing on Skinner? Sorry I've been such a dick but I'm still having trouble seeing where you're going with this one. Let's agree we both want the team to win in any way it takes. Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Kaberle was brought to the B's for his PP prowess and ability to move the puck. Can't say he's been in a success in the PP, but has made some decent passes, unfortunately, he's actually given up a couple of goals as well. He's also pretty soft for a D man.....

Watched him play for Toronto quite a bit, and save early on when he was paired with McCabe, haven't seen him be a real threat on the PP for a very long time. Maybe the Bruins mgt. thought he'd regain that PP mojo by leaving the hapless Leafs, but it just hasn't materialized........at least not yet.

Time is running out for him to show us his stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

As I've said before, he is as advertised, folks.  Thing is he's playing for a contract from an NHL employer so I'd like to think there's still time for him to perhaps make the impact as hoped with the benefits being Kaberle doing what he was obtained to do; help the Bruins win the Cup. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]As I've said before, he is as advertised, folks.  Thing is he's playing for a contract from an NHL employer so I'd like to think there's still time for him to perhaps make the impact as hoped with the benefits being Kaberle doing what he was obtained to do; help the Bruins win the Cup. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

And if they do win the cup none of this is going to matter anyway....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : And if they do win the cup none of this is going to matter anyway....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

True enough, jm.  If one were to follow the rationale of some of the sports heads on air up here, Burke burned Chiarelli on the deal.  The Bruins paid a significant price for him which added to the already heightened expectations of the measureable impact he was to have on the club. 

Yesterday the Hockey Central guys of Kypreos and McLean noted one of the flubs of the Bruin PP is not so much Kaberle, specifically but its lack of a down-low guy who can orchestrate things from near the opposition net with Savard out.  As you suggested, should the Bruins fall, the point is moot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : True enough, jm.  If one were to follow the rationale of some of the sports heads on air up here, Burke burned Chiarelli on the deal.  The Bruins paid a significant price for him which added to the already heightened expectations of the measureable impact he was to have on the club.  Yesterday the Hockey Central guys of Kypreos and McLean noted one of the flubs of the Bruin PP is not so much Kaberle, specifically but its lack of a down-low guy who can orchestrate things from near the opposition net with Savard out.  As you suggested, should the Bruins fall, the point is moot.

That's what I am thinking too. Kaberle is just the straw man for the B's PP woes (to put is mildly). The PP stunk before him and it continues to stink. The only thing that can be deduced from this is that Kaberle is neither the problem nor the silver bullet for the B's PP issues....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lost in Tyler Seguin's big night was a huge game by Kaberle. I thought he was quietly Boston's 2nd best player tonight. Wouldn't any GM love to sign the Kaberle that showed up tonight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Lost in Tyler Seguin's big night was a huge game by Kaberle. I thought he was quietly Boston's 2nd best player tonight. Wouldn't any GM love to sign the Kaberle that showed up tonight?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Kaberle was solid dez, no glaring defensive mistakes and he handled the puck very well in all 3 zones.  Hopefully he keeps it up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Lost in Tyler Seguin's big night was a huge game by Kaberle. I thought he was quietly Boston's 2nd best player tonight. Wouldn't any GM love to sign the Kaberle that showed up tonight?

im here dez. i thought he was really good 2nite even when things didnt work out. he was probably there best defensemen 2nite. im mean its alittle empty because i thought the defense was dreadfull 2nite. heres to hoping he proves me wrong the rest of the way. great nite for tomas!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

dez - He did seem more poised and confident tonight.  I heard some Hockey Central guys say everyone knows he doesn't shoot so opposing teams tend to key on Chara who is ready for the pass to unleash his bomb.  That said, perhaps he should shoot more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : Kaberle was solid dez, no glaring defensive mistakes and he handled the puck very well in all 3 zones.  Hopefully he keeps it up.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    He made a couple of great plays to keep the play alive in the offensive zone. He was far more aggressive in skating the puck through the neutral zone. I'm pretty sure he didn't make a single bad pass. That Kaberle will help us win a cup if he keeps showing up. I'm all for that idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we giving up on Kaberle too fast? : dez - He did seem more poised and confident tonight.  I heard some Hockey Central guys say everyone knows he doesn't shoot so opposing teams tend to key on Chara who is ready for the pass to unleash his bomb.  That said, perhaps he should shoot more.
    He actually did fire a couple tonight. I think he really was the difference maker on the PP tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Kablerle was good.  Also, like I said on another thread, I like him playing with Seguin on the PP more the Krejci.  One goal was the result of a Kabs to TS one-timer.  And wow, Seguin has both an awesome wrist and slap shot.

Sections
Shortcuts