Are we rooting for the Habs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Are we rooting for the Habs?

Toronto and Habs play tonight.  Leafs pick stands at 7 right now and we could use a loss from them, but can we really root for montreal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Are we rooting for the Habs?

I'm rooting for them both to lose in regulation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

I'm rooting for the Laffs.

I always hate on the Scabs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Never ever root for Habs. The only time I ever root for Leafs is against the Habs. We need to stay ahead of Habs, they are only 4 points back. A first round match up with them is a real possibility & securing the number 3 or even 2 seed means home ice advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Root for a lot of pain, bruises and suspensions (injuries would be a bit evil).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Tough call. Let the chips fall where they may. It is a win-win for the B's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Pyrrhic victory.

Edit:  More seriously, though, I agree a Canadiens win is better for the Bruins.  The Bruins control their own fate with respect to playoff seeding.  They have only two more chances to keep the Leafs' point total down.  Every Leaf loss will help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm rooting for the Habs.
    We can still beat them for first down the stretch.
    Gotta get into the top 4 for the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I want the Leafs to falter for a better pick but if the Habs win it will keep our Bruins more honest. Two teams that annoy me the most (1) HABS ( i wish they would get more pro. sports team for they have something to write in sports pages besides the HABS). (2) Toronto (fans not the team)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Are we rooting for the Habs?:
    I'm rooting for the Habs. We can still beat them for first down the stretch. Gotta get into the top 4 for the draft.
    Posted by seobrien

SeO,I'm with you on this one.I'm pulling for the Habs mostly because I have no fear of them catching us in the standings or of having to face them in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Are we rooting for the Habs? : SeO,I'm with you on this one.I'm pulling for the Habs mostly because I have no fear of them catching us in the standings or of having to face them in the playoffs.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed.  We need Toronto's tough stretch of their schedule to start out with a severe beating.  We need their confidence to crash and burn.  We need Kessel feeling like he'll never score again.  We need Reimer to wake up and realize he's in the NHL.  We need Phaneuf to start making his team hate him.  In short, we need them to be themselves again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I want the Leafs to falter for a better pick but if the Habs win it will keep our Bruins more honest. Two teams that annoy me the most (1) HABS ( i wish they would get more pro. sports team for they have something to write in sports pages besides the HABS). (2) Toronto (fans not the team)
    Posted by boborielly224

Good point....I agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I never cheer for the habs under any circumstances! If they played the Russians tomorrow. I'd cheer the Russians. Just like I did in 75'!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I never cheer for the habs under any circumstances! If they played the Russians tomorrow. I'd cheer the Russians. Just like I did in 75'!
    Posted by nitemare-38

So would I...the Russian are no longer "the enemy" but allies so it is not a tought decision...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

at this point home ice going into the playoffs is more important

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In the grand scheme of things it would probably be better for the habs to win.  I will absolutely never route for the habs though in any situation...it goes against all my moarles.  For me, tonight is all about a TO regulation win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I can root for the habs because i doubpt they will catch the Bruins in the standings!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I can root for the habs because i doubpt they will catch the Bruins in the standings!!
    Posted by lucaooo

They are only 4 points back from the B's with 23 games remaining....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not rooting for the Habs, I'm rooting against Toronto, no matter who they play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They also have all kinds of injuries...soon rather than later it will catch up!!  They also will not improve their team because the management does not believe that they can compete with the best teams in the east(Philly, Tampa and Boston).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Never root for the habs.
    But it's okay to root for the Leafs to lose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Even though I am fully aware the a Habs victory would occasionally benefit the Bruins(as when they play Toronto)but I just can't bring myself to do it.My animosity runs too deep and has been since the 1950's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I'll never ever vote for the Habs.  Leafs pick is gonna suck anyways!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by nitemare-38

Must say I'm a bit surprised that more aren't in total agreement with ya, nitey.
    Only ever cheered for the habs once....and it just happenned to be that New Years Eve game you're referring to.
    They let me down.
    Learned my lesson
    Never again

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts