Are You Kidding/

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Are You Kidding/

In a sportsnet interview Brian Burke just said that Kessel is playing a 200 foot game and that his play has been inspirational.He can lie to himself about this trade all that he wants but it won't change the fact that he was fleeced by PC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Are You Kidding/

the leafs door to the dressing room must be behind their net. that's the only way he skates 200'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There has been a good deal of this face-saving rhetoric from Burke, where if I were him, I would just keep my mouth shut about the whole thing and hope that people forget what he gave up.

For 5.5 million a year he'd better be playing a %#)** 200' game!  And he still doesn't. 

Perhaps, for that much money and two top ten draft picks, you might even have the audacity to ask that he not have one of the worst plus/minus ratios in the entire league too...

...but that kind of rational scrutiny is just flying too close to the sun for Burke and bruins8.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Kidding/:
    [QUOTE]the leafs door to the dressing room must be behind their net. that's the only way he skates 200'.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

LOL.  He's been in the weight room a lot too.  You have to pass through there to get to the vending machines.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've been drinking since 8pm last night. Burkie needs a lay down. I've got nothing to do now until July."

Man I love fake twitter accounts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Will be fun to analyse once this deal is complete on draft day.
    Then we can list all we got for Kessel. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

C'mon guys Kessel does skate a 200' game. Just didn't say he did it in a straight line. He hops off the bench (which we all know is a workout on its own, no need for the weight room now)skates down to the net and then skates back to the bench, 200 feet. Heck, he skates 210 in second periods! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

He's cute, though, with his playoff beard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

You know, Burkie should just let dogs lie.  Stop drawing attention.  Kessel had a bit of a surge in his play recently and Burke tries capitalizing on it by justifying that trade.  Let it go....  Kessel's bad habits have well set in since he left the Bruins, habits that Julien tried to break when he was here.  Maybe when he's in his 30's, having never won a cup in his NHL career, Kessel will finally get it.  For the time being, it's not all about you Phil.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Kidding/:[QUOTE]He's cute, though, with his playoff beard. Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha no he's trying to look tough with his scoring streak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

You're forgetting the wheeling in the high slot in his own end. Gotta be ready for that break out pass. Who cares if you let one in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I love ragging on Kessel as much as the next guy, but he has done well this past week.   He's scored a bunch and have made the odd defensive play.   Can he keep it up over the course of a season?   No, of course not.   But he has always been streaky and right now he's in the middle of a good streak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the reason the b's got rid of kessel was because he would not play a 200 ft. game. it was all about him and his numbers, not about team success. the bruins are a "system team", meaning everyone has to be defensively responsible. the cream of the crop francise in the nhl are the wings, and they are a  "system team". there is not a go to guy... the team gets the job done. this is something kessell could/would not be part of(because his stats would suffer). well, his numbers are very good in leaf-land...at what expense, his team is not very good.  burke sounds like he is trying to convince HIMSELF that phil plays a 200 ft. game, if he keeps saying it... it will be true.