Armchair GM Time :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Armchair GM Time :)

Let me preface by saying that I know how unpopular "armchair GMing."  I'm not implying that I could do a better job than PC (I love PC), just having a bit of fun fantasizing while Im bored at work.  Remember: this is a fantasy.

I would try very hard to trade for Ryder.  Dallas continues to underwelm.  Usually , when teams fall out of contention, they make their 30+ yr olds available.  I am speculating that for the right offer, Ryder can be had.  We would have to part with a lot for the 35 goal scorer; however, I'm willing to.

I would offer a 2nd round pick, Sauve and Tommy Cross to start (I would be willing to give even more than this; however, this would be my initial offer).  Not 100% sure, but I think we have the cap room to bring Ryder in (fact check needed).  

Line 1: Lucic - Krejci - Ryder 

Note: Krejci and Ryder have 2 yrs of experience playing together, and Ryder is a true sniper (an area where we can use some depth).  Also: Ryder always raised his game in teh postseason, which is something that shouldnt be discounted.  Ryder is picking up where he left off last year (when he scored 35 goals) despite lousy play around him.

Line 2: Kelly - Seguin - Horton

Note: I do not mean to demote Horton, love the guy.  I just feel that Seguin could use some physicality on his line to create some space.  Also, Horton is a very good shooter who can capitalize on the chances that Seguin is bound to create.  I honestly feel that Seguins lack of physicality is a bit exposed at wing.  At center, he would be in the dirty areas less and in open ice more.  The only downside of moving him to Center is that he would have to be defensively responsible.  This is why I have Kelly on this line.  Kelly would be the guy who would responsible for getting back, which would allow Seguin to focus on offense.  We all know that Kelly is a great defensive forward.

Line 3: Marchand - Bergeron - Peverly

I dont mean this as a demotion to Bergy.  I honestly think that line order is overrated.  I would play this line as often as the top 2, so its not really a third line.  Its more of a defense first (but still with a little bit of offense) line.  

Everything else: unchanged.

I just want to reiterate that I only created this thread because I am bored at work and hungover.  Just trying to kill a little time.  I understand that suggesting a major shake up to a 5-0-1 team is stupid, and I also understand that PC is far better at GM'ing than I.  Just fantasizing here.  Feedback is welcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Armchair GM Time :)

You're about to get skewered for 90% of this, but don't let that get you down! Fight the man...

That said, PC isn't going to do anything until further into the season. There is absolutely no predicting what injuries or slumps will occur many weeks from now, and therefore no reason to deal until the Bs can properly identify their gaps heading into a playoff run.

And your lines stink.

But you go get 'em!!!! Shun the non-believers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bergie is the best fwd on the team!!!   Anyone brought in will be 3rd line type or will quickly learn its a team and fit in.  Ryder coming back might not be a bad idea.  But versteeg would be a nice fit as well. Florida has money issues.  I'd be going there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bergie is the best fwd on the team!!!   Anyone brought in will be 3rd line type or will quickly learn its a team and fit in.  Ryder coming back might not be a bad idea.  But versteeg would be a nice fit as well. Florida has money issues.  I'd be going there. 

Wait till trade deadline, get at a reduced price, insert on Kelly Peverly line

and presto, there you have it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The initial offer goes against a comment made that last season Ryder was being dangled and would fetch a nice bounty. So what would you up the offer too ? The problem with Ryder's about sucess in Dallas is, it is a different EVERYTHING down there for Goldie Locks. Michael cannot get that kind of output in Julien's system as he does with the Stars.

Ryder was given every opportunity to right his ship in Boston and simply failed until when it counted in the playoffs during a contract year. Chiarelli, as mentioned, is not dumb so he's not going to bring back a player who falied once before.

Why would Nieuwendyk trade an asset ? Dallas is 3 points out of a #5 or #6 spot, 2 points out of a #7 or #8 playoff spot. With Whitney and Jagr, most likely not returning, at their ages you need to keep veteran forwards that are happy in the Stars current coaching system.

Current GM would be foolish to trade him, former GM would be foolish to put him back where a player failed big time. The 2009-2010 playoffs when Ryder was needed most...

http://stars.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8467545&season=20092010&view=gamelog

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My first pick is chimera.  Versteeg is next.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I consider the lines 1, 1a, and 1b.  Not 1,2,3.  I honestly think that line order is extremely overrated.  If they all get equal ice time, why does it matter what line is deemed "line 1".

I probably should have called them lines x,y,z

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This is why I have Kelly on this line.  Kelly would be the guy who would responsible for getting back, which would allow Seguin to focus on offense.  We all know that Kelly is a great defensive forward.

---------------------                                                                                              

How would Kelly get back first if he's caught down low on puck retrieval or cycling ? Do you eliminate him from thinking offensely if it's his responsibility to get back first ? 

Julien has a system in place for the whole team. Should there be a separate system in place just so Seguin can concentrate on offence ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Shupe you do know that Chimera hasn't scored a goal yet this year.  Why the man crush on him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Shupe you do know that Chimera hasn't scored a goal yet this year.  Why the man crush on him?

Size, speed, grit scoring touch    Seguin has one empty net goal.  Chimera can absolutely fly.  His scoring is secondary.  But he will find his scoring touch soon enough.  Their entire team is struggling to score. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I like the player too but he's only averaged 15 or so goals a year throughout his NHL career.  Now I know you're not comparing him to Seguin of course because I doubt Chimera could score on the shootout with a hot dog coming his way.

Also any advice for Drewski since he has a hangover at 4 in the afternoon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And he would be 3rd in team scoring with his 4 helpers.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Those lines are horrible. Sounds to me like you are going to disrupt two basically first lines on a team yet to lose to make room for Ryder.

I think I like he idea of Stanley being G.M ahead of Drewskie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I like the player too but he's only averaged 15 or so goals a year throughout his NHL career.  Now I know you're not comparing him to Seguin of course because I doubt Chimera could score on the shootout with a hot dog coming his way.

Also any advice for Drewski since he has a hangover at 4 in the afternoon?

No not comparing him to Seguin.  I just like what chimera brings.  He never takes a shift off and would easily be able to keep up with pevs and Kelly.  He also kills pims.  He had 20 goals on the caps 3rd line last year.  He is always first on the forecheck   He likes to hit.  And is an ideal fit on a 3rd line. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

So shupe are you off the Brooks Laich bandwagon?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No. Love Laich.  Not hard to tell how much he's missed. He is their true captain. 

Sections
Shortcuts