Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

Hockey in Miami looks weird.  Every anouncer they have just doesn't look right.

And now the Blues are dismembering the body before burial in a shallow grave 5-0.

And the Orcas, the diving blue green fish of the north west only had an hour and half long opening ceremony.  I don't have the stomach to watch them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Good night for rookies. Huberdeau with 3 points, Taresenko with 3 points and 2 goals, Kadri with a goal, and Granlund scored his first goal. Doug Hamilton also looked solid. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

2 goals and 2 helpers for Jagr in his Dallas debut in a 4-3 win over the Coyotes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hold on ... this just in.. Loungo not going anywhere :)... Yikes, 5 go by Schneider..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Pens-Flyers rivalry might be the best going in hockey right now. Great hockey .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Huberdeau with a goal and 2 assists in his NHL debut. Oh yeah, the old guy Kovalev matched him.

Tallon just might have the 2013 bang for your buck UFA signing right there Dez. If Theodore can play well all year look at for the Panthers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Weird stat twist of the night?  10 players had 3 or more points last night.  8 of them are RW.  The only exceptions were Karlsson and Huberdeau.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Good night for rookies. Huberdeau with 3 points, Taresenko with 3 points and 2 goals, Kadri with a goal, and Granlund scored his first goal. Doug Hamilton also looked solid. 

I'm not sure what it is, but it sure seems like we're in a bit of a golden age for young talent in the NHL.  Even the much derided 2007 draft class is starting to look a little less barren.  As of now, 2007 has produced only one fewer player than 2006.  Since the last lockout, the league has added so many top notch players who have climbed to the top of the league at an accelerated rate after about 15 years of the NHL being dominated by an old guard.  It started with Crosby and Ovechkin and Malkin, and then the guys from that '05 draft - Ryan, Price, Kopitar, M. Staal, Rask, Neal,  Oshie.  Then it was that huge 2006 group - Toews, Backstrom, J. Staal, Giroux, Lucic.  Is it just me, or are these guys coming in and contributing sooner, and more, than under 24s have since the early 80s when you had teh very young Oilers plus all-timers like Yzerman, Lemieux and Lafontaine hitting the scene and lighting it up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Huberdeau with a goal and 2 assists in his NHL debut. Oh yeah, the old guy Kovalev matched him.

Tallon just might have the 2013 bang for your buck UFA signing right there Dez. If Theodore can play well all year look at for the Panthers.

I was gong back and forth watching that game. Lots of points of interest; Kovalev and how he would fair; The new look Canes (they always give the Bruins trouble) ; Empty seats in Florida ; Hubdereau, I used to know his mom. wow am I getting old.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A possible reason the rookies are doing well is their age, excitement playing in the NHL and they've been playing at a high level in juniors, KHL and the WJC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"than under 24s have since the early 80s when you had teh very young Oilers plus all-timers like Yzerman, Lemieux and Lafontaine hitting the scene and lighting it up?"

Owners like having this so they can control the contract and it also says that more teams isn't neccasarily bad as it gets moire young players in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Today I'm very curious watching these games:

PHL-BUF -  Philly get ready for Ott , Kaleta running around like rats , even more so now that they have Scott to protect them

PIT-NYR - they can kill themsleves . You Torarella has already ripped into the Rags, they'll be flying today?

EDM-VAN - All that young talent . I'm very interested but only after the football game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

how long till Tortarella loses it ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lundqvist not the King so far. Seven goals in two nights, Rags not so happy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I was gong back and forth watching that game. Lots of points of interest; Kovalev and how he would fair; The new look Canes (they always give the Bruins trouble) ; Empty seats in Florida ; Hubdereau, I used to know his mom. wow am I getting old.

19K+ in attendance

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

19K+ in attendance

18000 old retired Canadians at delboca vista 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

19K+ in attendance

Not too sure they were at the game. Maybe at 5-1 the left early because late in the 3rd with about a little less than 10mins I saw a lot of empty seats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Vigneault already playing ogalie roulette.

who's no1 ?

shoot out win for Oilers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not too sure they were at the game. Maybe at 5-1 the left early because late in the 3rd with about a little less than 10mins I saw a lot of empty seats.

It was a 5-1 game in South Florida.  Of course people left eary!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Empty seats in Florida

19K+ in attendance

18000 old retired Canadians at delboca vista

18,654 average attendance Sat. night. As Ryan Miller said "what a waste of time the lockout was".

PS. "Take the pen Jerry, go ahead Jerry".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sabres are up to 2-0 on the Leafs.  Vanek yet another point that's 6 in 2games.   Ennis just missed what Seguin missed today, an open net. 

Bruins will have their work cut for them when they play the Sabres, especially if the refs call a lot of penalties . Their PP teams at the moment is much stronger than what the Bruins have shown. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Tarasenko: 2 GP, 3G, 3A

Impressive. Blue are all ready really good, if he can be a solid player for them they'll obviously be even better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Marchand not at practice today...anyone heard why?  Hopefully there is no adverse effects from the Kane hit yesterday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Blow out in Edmonton... 6-1 and that is first period for SanJose... For all the young talent Edmonton has... the attention to small details in their overall game is severely lacking In all of them.. great offensive skills , no doubt, but you have to play your position as well, and not turn pucks over at free will....For those wondering who got the best pick in the draft Boston or Edmonton.. It is not even close at this stage...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Blow out in Edmonton... 6-1 and that is first period for SanJose... For all the young talent Edmonton has... the attention to small details in their overall game is severely lacking In all of them.. great offensive skills , no doubt, but you have to play your position as well, and not turn pucks over at free will....For those wondering who got the best pick in the draft Boston or Edmonton.. It is not even close at this stage...

Two games into the season and both are ripping up the score sheets.  Seguin with his 1 point and Hall with 2.

With these stats I am still left wondering. Who's widening the gap to make it not even close ?