Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

re: NYR

What is it about being traded to the NYR that get guys to play soft?  

Other than that Messier bunch performance seems to drop off once they are in the big apple.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Attendance in Phoenix last night. 8355. Good thing this team is staying put.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It puzzles me why that team averaged around 15,000 for 4 straight years after the last lockout, and as the team got better, the crowds dropped.  I can see the leagues insistance in trying to keep it's presence in the southwest. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The promotion for the Panthers vs. Senators tonight:

Season ticket holders can get up to 4 extra tickets...free.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And the point you are making is ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NAS- "Oh, you're supposed to have a point? Sorry about that."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well obviously he simply replied to the wrong post.  On the wrong thread.  On the wrong forum.  Simple mistake.  Happens all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can't be too difficult to follow.  A couple of teams in the south are having attendance issues already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh.  From the way I read it I thought you meant the Sens were giving tickets away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's still no guarantee the Coyotes are staying put. Jamison has had 23 days to close the deal and hasn't yet. He only has 6 more days to get it done, then the window under the approved lease agreement expires. Glendale has a new council in place that has said if he misses the deadline, they would not reapprove the deal. If I'm Jamison and I'm seeing those attendance numbers, I'd be hesitant to close the deal too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Can't be too difficult to follow.  A couple of teams in the south are having attendance issues already.

Didn't realize they were playing in Florida . I took Panthers vs. Senators as playing in Ottawa thinking it was a kiss-up to the Senators fans for the lockout. 

Couldn't understand why you posted that. Slow guy on this side of the computer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:

There's still no guarantee the Coyotes are staying put. Jamison has had 23 days to close the deal and hasn't yet. He only has 6 more days to get it done, then the window under the approved lease agreement expires. Glendale has a new council in place that has said if he misses the deadline, they would not reapprove the deal. If I'm Jamison and I'm seeing those attendance numbers, I'd be hesitant to close the deal too.

Yes, thanks for the update Red. "Staying put" meant this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This "ownership game" in Pheonix is getting tiresome....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh.  From the way I read it I thought you meant the Sens were giving tickets away.

Hey, we agree on something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs have lost one of their three offensive kingpins for a while.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=652119

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yes, thanks for the update Red. "Staying put" meant this year.

Sorry, I thought you were reffering to long-term.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The NYR with about $22M worth of forwards on one line. A lot of talent and money out on the ice taking regular shifts together.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...for a 1-3 team that gagged up a 2-0 lead to the Bruins and just lost to the undermanned Flyers. 

It's too early to re-open the Nash discussions of last year - how much of an impact player he'll be playing with a real centre etc. - but when do we get to start asking the questions of the Nash-backers?

I mean, nobody can draw any conclusions from 1-2-3 in 4 games right?  For a 1-3 team?  Even though it sort of adds up to about 61 points in an 82 game schedule or more or less exactly what Nash contributed to the BlueJackets last year?  The Jackets who won about 1.4 of every 4 games?

[Just being a jerk...]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Nash's name was brought up in an interview with Rangers play-by-play guy Kenny Albert. His view on who the Rangers best players are so far are to start the season ? 

Rick Nash and Taylor Pyatt. Maybe he doesn't live and die by the stats like some do. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nash's name was brought up in an interview with Rangers play-by-play guy Kenny Albert. His view on who the Rangers best players are so far are to start the season ? 

Rick Nash and Taylor Pyatt. Maybe he doesn't live and die by the stats like some do. 

I've watched every NYR game so far and Nash has shown flashes but hasn't been the best Ranger (neither has Pyatt). Nash has overhandled the puck and regardless of the oohs and aahs he creates, he creates even more turnovers. Add in the fact I've seen him also taking lazy undisciplined penalties on more than one occasion. Richards and Gaborik are both playing better than him so far. My eyes and the stats back that up. Nash shoots the most, I'll give him that. Nothing against Kenny Albert but I also don't put much stock in Jack Edwards opinion either. Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just saw Yakupov's goal celebration replay from last night - Theo Fleury said his Twitter feed lit up following it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I've watched every NYR game so far and Nash has shown flashes but hasn't been the best Ranger (neither has Pyatt). Nash has overhandled the puck and regardless of the oohs and aahs he creates, he creates even more turnovers. Add in the fact I've seen him also taking lazy undisciplined penalties on more than one occasion. Richards and Gaborik are both playing better than him so far. My eyes and the stats back that up. Nash shoots the most, I'll give him that. Nothing against Kenny Albert but I also don't put much stock in Jack Edwards opinion either. Cheers!

I have also done the same. And I agree with Alberts regarding Nash. We don't have to agree with the "eye thing" as in the case of a certain softy defencemen. 

But of course, I haven't gone on record on this forum as bashing him either ( as some have ). Just trying to see things as they are and not based on the hate. And that's what I see. He has been their most consistent player through 4 games in my eyes.  Double Cheers !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I have also done the same. And I agree with Alberts regarding Nash. We don't have to agree with the "eye thing" as in the case of a certain softy defencemen. 

But of course, I haven't gone on record on this forum as bashing him either ( as some have ). Just trying to see things as they are and not based on the hate. And that's what I see. He has been their most consistent player through 4 games in my eyes.  Double Cheers !

So you haven't seen the turnovers and bad penalties? I think that's all he's been consistent with. I'm not sure if you feel I was bashing Nash when I said he's overpaid and no guarantee to put up big numbers in NY. Time will tell but I know I also said the BJ's would be as good (or better) without him. I stand by all comments and welcome any and all "I told you so's" when the season is over.  And is that eye thing a dig regarding how good your eyes said Corvo was because that's my recollection of the conversation. You said Corvo was far superior to Kaberle. I said he wasn't. I can't remember if one of us was right. Cheers and a high 5!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Leafs send their "Bobby Orr"(at least that's what the fans tell me) down to the minors:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/01/25/jake_gardiner_sent_down_ahl_toronto_maple_leafs_concussion/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

So you haven't seen the turnovers and bad penalties? I think that's all he's been consistent with. I'm not sure if you feel I was bashing Nash when I said he's overpaid and no guarantee to put up big numbers in NY. Time will tell but I know I also said the BJ's would be as good (or better) without him. I stand by all comments and welcome any and all "I told you so's" when the season is over.  And is that eye thing a dig regarding how good your eyes said Corvo was because that's my recollection of the conversation. You said Corvo was far superior to Kaberle. I said he wasn't. I can't remember if one of us was right. Cheers and a high 5!

Brace yourself as this is a TLDR post.

Regarding Nash.

You have seen the turnovers and bad penalties. I guess you haven't seen the positives while searching for the negatives. I have seen the puck carrying and scoring chances he has created to go along with moving his feet better then anyone on that team so far. Glass half full ( me ) and glass half empty ( you ). 

Regarding Kaberle

Corvo far superior then Kaberle? I liked his play better as a Bruin and still do. Superior ?
    C'mon dez . A bit of an exaggeration don't you think ?

Kaberle's play as a Bruin was disappointing. He was brought in to be a #2 defenceman and ended up #6 ( TOI ) by the time it was over. And I'm going to mention this because it's your main point on how successful Kaberle was as a Bruin. His 11 assists in the playoffs ? Isn't hockey great when you can touch the puck, have no real bearing on the goal and still get your name on the scoresheet. Could this have happened on any or most of those 11 assists ? You bet it did.

Thank God, Kaberle was a member of the Bruins in those playoffs ? His play was forgettable for me as were any of those assists.

P.S. Triple Cheers and a low five with a kick to the shins.

Sections
Shortcuts