Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

Scott doesn't have much of a chin.  That was a good shot by Parros once he let go with the left and put some leverage behind it, and Scott looked stunned.  Parros took a couple of shots similar to the ones Scott landed on Thornton, but he had a better grip so they weren't nearly as bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Two loses in a row for Buffalo, guess their was a letdown after the big win in Boston. It's tough once Scott gets his left locked on his opponents body. Parros is a tough mutha though, not gonna backdown from anyone. I wanna see how Shelley does against Scott this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Just tuned in Sens/Habs. Wasn't Pacioretty supposed to be out for a month after an appendectomy in late January? He's playing.

some amazing medicine in Montreal, all their injuries get cut in half from the original diagnosis.

Benny Hinn must be on their medical staff, eh BsL?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm watching the Caps-Pens game and wondering who this bum Holtby is in net for Washington. He can't be the same guy that beat the Bruins last year can he? Also, Depres just took a guy out with an unbelievably dangerous high stick. He was given a 2 minute minor because the guy he hit still had both eyes and all of his teeth. The idea that a guy needs to be injured to award a double minor is absurd. Whatever happened to punishing for intent and/or stupidity? If Depres broke the guy's jaw is it worthy of a suspension? Instead, he gets him 3 inches lower for a minor penalty. I don't understand the logic behind some of these rules.

I knew this would happen, kid isn't that good, Hunter's system was the key, made him look like Hasek. Not to say he can't play himself into a servicable tender ala Olie "the goalie" but he's not as great as the CBC announcers made him out to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Just tuned in Sens/Habs. Wasn't Pacioretty supposed to be out for a month after an appendectomy in late January? He's playing.

some amazing medicine in Montreal, all their injuries get cut in half from the original diagnosis.

I think its just Pacioretty, amazing healing powers, something like Michael Myers of halloween. I mean a couple days after nearly being made a cripple and suffering a massive head injury and concussion, he was texting a review from the movies. Remarkable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think its just Pacioretty, amazing healing powers, something like Michael Myers of halloween. I mean a couple days after nearly being made a cripple and suffering a massive head injury and concussion, he was texting a review from the movies. Remarkable.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652639
    Yeah 50.  The guy must regenerate injured parts of his body or something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dirty move by Rinaldo as he continues to swing at Crombeen after he's already down. Crombeen was weak in the knees trying to leave the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dirty move by Rinaldo as he continues to swing at Crombeen after he's already down. Crombeen was weak in the knees trying to leave the ice.

Yep, and i dont like his actions/attitude once the fight ended. Now I have my complaints about Shawn Thornton, but not only would he have let up once he recognized it, I'm sure he would have been concerned about Crombeen, not skating away doing the tough guy act.

On another note, Lindback looks real good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Yep, and i dont like his actions/attitude once the fight ended. Now I have my complaints about Shawn Thornton, but not only would he have let up once he recognized it, I'm sure he would have been concerned about Crombeen, not skating away doing the tough guy act.

On another note, Lindback looks real good.

Very solid goaltending in both ends so far. Also, Rinaldo is the sort of player I wouldn't mind seeing get run for a concussion. Some guys deserve to be hurt. Reap what you sow and all that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Things continue to go bad for the Caps.  At 13.00 of the third they're behind the visiting Leafs 3-2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

And Buffalo is on a tear again tonite... A losing one at that... If I am Lindy I am nervous... Owner has spent a lot of dough.... And results simply not there...no goaltending, no defence ..  not a good recipe for success...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Oates must be sweating.  Caps lose again 3-2 at home to the Leafs.  You'll also probably see this in the hi-lites: The Caps tried to pull their goalie but for some reason Neuvirth skated towards his bench with the puck in his own end which left his net empty.  A Washington D-guy fanned on his pass to head man the puck out just as David Steckel stick-checked him, got the puck but shot wide of the open goal. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Talbot has Rinaldo to thank for the last punch he just took when he was flat on his back. I doubt Lecavalier would've done it if Rinaldo hadn't acted like a D-bag earlier against Crombeen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Talbot has Rinaldo to thank for the last punch he just took when he was flat on his back. I doubt Lecavalier would've done it if Rinaldo hadn't acted like a D-bag earlier against Crombeen.

Thought the exact same thing, good for Vinny..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Barely through the 1st period in San Jose and the score is 3-3. 4 of the goals in the last 1:20 mins, I don't pulling both goalies would do anything. Quenville and McLellan are POd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Phil the Thrill leading the league in shots on goal and tied with everyone on BDC in NHL goals ( goose eggs ). I don't think I've ever seen this feat before.

I'm not a mathmetician but pro-rated to an 82 game season his streak of 40 goals a season for the next 10 years is in jeopardy. 

bruins8 oh bruins8, where for art thou ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Separated at birth?

Oilers coach Ralph Krueger

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looking forward to seeing how Carlyle gets treated in his return to the Peg tonight. I think it's classy that he's giving Reimer the start tonight too - Wilson didn't in either of their two games in Winnipeg last year. Should be a cool homecoming for both of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thoughts on Scheifele getting sent back to the Colts ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Noel wasn't giving him the ice time and when he did it was on the 4th line - not the type of player Scheifele is at all. Finish off the year under Hawerchuk, get some minutes in St. John's come playoff time, and he'll be ready to take on second line minutes come next season. Fine with it - lots of players take a couple of years in the juniors after they're drafted before they can earn the ice time - Eberle as an example.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Another 4 spot so far for "Mr. All World" Miller.. at least he's consistent ... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Vanek scores 2 in the 3rd period to send it to OT against the Habs. 2 seconds left when he tied it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Vanek scores 2 in the 3rd period to send it to OT against the Habs. 2 seconds left when he tied it.

Did you see White in this game ?  Once again he jumps someone , of course it's that punk Ott but due to White's idiocity it probaly cost his team 2 points.  I think Therrien will make pay this one and maybe White will have to learn the hard way not to sucker punch and jump someone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Ryan White may never see the ice again for Habs...took another bad double minor in the 3rd and Sabres scored to get within 1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Scoreless draw between SJ and Phoenix going to a shootout - ick.