Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

Anyone notice that St. Loo - after getting pasted by Dallas today - is not the darling it was last year?  Last year's poster boy for back-up goalies, Brian Elliott, has a 3.63 GAA and a .850 s% through 10 games.  Halak's GAA is great at 1.90, but he's only got a .901 s%, which won't turn many heads.

They're still a playoff team, which is amazing when Kevin Shattenkirk is your leading scorer, but look at the West in general right now.  StL is in 4th with 24 points, tied with SJ and Detroit.  But LA, Minny and Dallas are all sitting on 22 points and they're the 9,10,11 seeds right now.  Total crap shoot in the west right now.  Edmonton is a hot streak away from passing Vancouver for the division lead.

Last point on StL - Tarasenko was 10 points in his first 8 games.  He's had two points since, not counting missed games from injury and he's -7 over those 9 games.  Pro life is hard on rookies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Anyone notice that St. Loo - after getting pasted by Dallas today - is not the darling it was last year?  Last year's poster boy for back-up goalies, Brian Elliott, has a 3.63 GAA and a .850 s% through 10 games.  Halak's GAA is great at 1.90, but he's only got a .901 s%, which won't turn many heads.

They're still a playoff team, which is amazing when Kevin Shattenkirk is your leading scorer, but look at the West in general right now.  StL is in 4th with 24 points, tied with SJ and Detroit.  But LA, Minny and Dallas are all sitting on 22 points and they're the 9,10,11 seeds right now.  Total crap shoot in the west right now.  Edmonton is a hot streak away from passing Vancouver for the division lead.

Last point on StL - Tarasenko was 10 points in his first 8 games.  He's had two points since, not counting missed games from injury and he's -7 over those 9 games.  Pro life is hard on rookies.

Elliot is just coming down to earth....the hockey universe is correcting itself once again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Two interesting notes in tonight's Edmonton / Minny Game...

I don't ever remember a team not recording at least one shot on goal in a period, but Edmonton accomplished that tonite by pitching a shutout in the second period... outshot 18- 0 ...all that offensive talent and you pitch donuts... Also, tuned in to see Hall play after the Clutterbuck knee job and Hall came up with a mysterious " pulled hamstring" from Friday's game and could not play.. how convenient? and disappointing at the same time..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Also, tuned in to see Hall play after the Clutterbuck knee job and Hall came up with a mysterious " pulled hamstring" from Friday's game and could not play.. how convenient? and disappointing at the same time..

He probably stayed far away from the rink.  Might have been worried Dany Heatley would catch him on the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oilers just picked up Mike Brown from TO for a 4rth rounder. Evidently they came to the conclusion the youngins need some protection....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Oilers just picked up Mike Brown from TO for a 4rth rounder. Evidently they came to the conclusion the youngins need some protection....

Perhaps, jm.  Regardless, they added the rugged Brown to a roster that already included Eager, Peckham and Andy Sutton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's a high-octane, barnburner down at the ACC.  The Leafs and NJ are tied 1-1 with just over 9 minutes left in the second period.  SOG - NJ 14 - Leafs 7.  Devils just went ahead 2-1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Perhaps, jm.  Regardless, they added the rugged Brown to a roster that already included Eager, Peckham and Andy Sutton.

I believe Peckam and Sutton are both injured but I may be wrong. This move comes on the heels of CGY picking up McGratton and Van getting Sestito. Could be an old fashioned arms race.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I believe Peckam and Sutton are both injured but I may be wrong. This move comes on the heels of CGY picking up McGratton and Van getting Sestito. Could be an old fashioned arms race.

I didn't know they were out, jm.  I figured they just wanted more muscle to add to their muscle. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Scary moment in Rangers| Flyers game .. Stall gets a puck near the eye and goes down in a heap .. Did not look good... Hope the kid is alright ...terrible deflection and bad result...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:[QUOTE] Scary moment in Rangers| Flyers game .. Stall gets a puck near the eye and goes down in a heap .. Did not look good... Hope the kid is alright ...terrible deflection and bad result.../QUOTE]

Especially how long it took him to come back from the concussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Scary moment in Rangers| Flyers game .. Stall gets a puck near the eye and goes down in a heap .. Did not look good... Hope the kid is alright ...terrible deflection and bad result...

How long till the players tell Tortarella why don't you go block shots ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Especially how long it took him to come back from the concussion.

Agreed.. didn't even think of that, but they showed a close up and you could see he had gauze pad  over the eye as he went off the ice.. Another reason , why I don't undertand players not wearing visors in today's games.. Nothing happens there if he is wearing one..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

How long till the players tell Tortarella why don't you go block shots ??

Maybe that NY reporter he often gets into it with will do the honours.  Can't think of his name. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hawks continues to roll.  They've just started the third period in Chicago and the home side is leading the Wild 4-1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

Hawks continues to roll.  They've just started the third period in Chicago and the home side is leading the Wild 4-1.

Really unbelievable Rich what the Hawks are doing .. I think they have locked up a playoff spot already :).. do you think they may have peaked too early ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was hoping the Sens would wear TO out for the B's but it seems they are getting their butts kicked with the fists and the puck.....damn.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Getting ready for Hawks -Avs  Does Colorado have what it takes to hand the Blackhawks their first reg loss. Plus I want to see how O Reilly plays. Should be an entertaining game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was cheering for the Blue Jackets to beat them the other day. But, when you are pulling for the underdog, be prepared to be disappointed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I was cheering for the Blue Jackets to beat them the other day. But, when you are pulling for the underdog, be prepared to be disappointed.

Sometimes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ugh, 3-0 TO. Sens looking like the AHL team they are. Just brutal. you know its bad when TSN is praising Kessel's defensive work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just as I am bi*tching Ott scores on the PP. i guess the game is not over yet. Gunnarson should be benched for that stupid penalty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Ugh, 3-0 TO. Sens looking like the AHL team they are. Just brutal. you know its bad when TSN is praising Kessel's defensive work.

Loved Ray Ferraro's comment regarding Kessel's involvement on the third goal, jm.  "I'm not going to vote him the Selke Trophy yet but..."  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Loved Ray Ferraro's comment regarding Kessel's involvement on the third goal, jm.  "I'm not going to vote him the Selke Trophy yet but..."  

lol...knowing TO fans there will be a legion of them tomorrow morning expecting Kessel to actually win it now....good going Ray!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What's this? The Aves out front with just over a period to go? This is going to be the longest 20 minutes  ever for Colorado......