Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Saw Desharnais' diving penalty in the box score and thought "seed planted".  But from NAS's description, it may be the other way around: Desharnais just gave tangible proof to what Julien said.

they still got it wrong giving St Louis a penalty also on that play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Holtby pulled already. Ovechkin takes 2 penalties on same play that lead to goals.  NYR leading the Caps 3-1 after 2 periods.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Book, regarding that Hamilton vs Schultz watch. While their offensive stats are similar, Schultz logs a lot more ice time than Hamilton (about 5 1/2 minutes more per game). In summary, Hamilton is better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Holtby pulled already. Ovechkin takes 2 penalties on same play that lead to goals.  NYR leading the Caps 3-1 after 2 periods.

It's all water under the bridge now, dez but I've watched Holtby a few times this year including today vs NYR and I wonder how the Bruins lost to this guy.  The then D-first Caps in front of him also had something to do with it but I guess he was good when he had to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It's all water under the bridge now, dez but I've watched Holtby a few times this year including today vs NYR and I wonder how the Bruins lost to this guy.  I guess he was good when he had to be.

I know he's still young but I've never seen anything all that impressive from him so far. Frustrating in hindsight since the guy was clearly beatable with a better team effort. Oh well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Will the Habs ever slow down or the competition is just horrible ? Last weeks loss to the Habs is looking bigger and bigger now with a tough week for the Bruins playing back to back games and Pens twice.  I don't see the Habs losing any of their games this week.

Just watched Sabres-Flyers and both teams tried very hard to lose. How did the Bruins lose 2 games to the Sabres arghhhh.

and O'Reilly so much for will his teammates accepting him back , he's their captain.  Played great game against Chicago and looking really good against Sharks.  He's their leader.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hell has officially frozen over... Columbus 4-0-1 against the RedWings this season... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice finish Avs-Sharks Duchene with .02 in OT for the win. Good for them !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Hell has officially frozen over... Columbus 4-0-1 against the RedWings this season... 

yeah they'll both be in our conference next season. CBJ is pumped.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Klaas, I wouldn't make that argument just yet.  Just flipped through the latest hockey news future watch and they have Schultz as the second best prospect behind Tarasenko; Hamilton is fourth behind last year's #1 prospect, Kuznetsov.  For whatever that's worth.  But I fully expect Hamilton to be better and clearly so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Devastating cheap shot by Perry on Zucker... Guy was out for five minutes.... Perry is a repeat offender... How many games? I say he gets 5...or does he get the star treatment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NbVwqjkaJs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leafs drop their third in a row losing 5-2 in Winnipeg.  The Jets ended a 1 for 36 PP slump.  Reimer was pulled in the third.  Kessel scored twice and now has 9.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Devastating cheap shot by Perry on Zucker... Guy was out for five minutes.... Perry is a repeat offender... How many games? I say he gets 5...or does he get the star treatment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NbVwqjkaJs

Beat me to it cowboy......was just gonna start a thread on it but decided to check this one first.  No elbow, but clear shot to the head.....and late.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Jets have an opportunity to knock the Rangers out of a playoff spot tonight and take over their spot in 8th. Didn't think I'd be saying that before the start of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Jets have an opportunity to knock the Rangers out of a playoff spot tonight and take over their spot in 8th. Didn't think I'd be saying that before the start of the season.

Torts post game press conference could be better than the game...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Nice finish Avs-Sharks Duchene with .02 in OT for the win. Good for them !!!

Was at this game and close to the Sharks net.  Awesome finish.  Can't remember one being that close to the buzzer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Torts post game press conference could be better than the game...

lol

Checking the standings and a Jets win would put them a point out of the division lead. With how the Caps, Panthers and Lightning are playing that third seed looks like it'll come down to either the Canes or Jets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

lol

Checking the standings and a Jets win would put them a point out of the division lead. With how the Caps, Panthers and Lightning are playing that third seed looks like it'll come down to either the Canes or Jets.

Yeah, it looks that way, but I just can't count out the Lightning yet -- so much talent and such an enigma.  I know the D has been weak and the goaltending has been very bad, but I feel like they've got to go on a run at some point.  And they could be scary if they get hot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

With Lecavalier out, their second line is now Malone-Thompson-Purcell.  With the reasonably effective scoring second line they had now gone, they may dig too deep of a hole to climb back out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

With Lecavalier out, their second line is now Malone-Thompson-Purcell.  With the reasonably effective scoring second line they had now gone, they may dig too deep of a hole to climb back out.

8 points back of the Canes with Carolina having 2 games in hand - they've already dug a pretty deep hole. They play the Isles today and Canes Saturday. With Carolina also playing the Caps today, and the Jets having back-to backs on Saturday and Sunday, I'm pretty sure we'll know if the SE bottom feeders have any hope at all by Monday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leafs leading the visiting Pens 1-0 near the end of the second period.  Scrivens in for Toronto.  Fleury for Pitt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Red hot team vs. sliders in the Chicago-Columbus match-up tonight...tied after two. Did I mention the red hot team is the Blue Jackets? Holy K-rap.

Also - screw the Whale, but I've always thought Eric Staal was just a pure hockey player.  Good to see him back in the top ten scorers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Winnipeg the Jets lead NYR at the end of the first.  red's smiling right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

What is happening to the NHL???

FACT:  like them or not, the Bruins are an exciting team to  watch.

FACT: there have been far too many other NHL games, that were more boring than watching paint dry. 

FACT: the bottom tier of the NHL is getting closer to just blending in with the AHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pens leading TO 2-1. Another comeback for them...