Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Rangers v. Pens getting ugly....real ugly.

Cooke morphing back onto Cooke. Bylsma better do something about that or there will be casualties....

It would've turned real ugly if it hadn't been a one goal game at the time.  Rangers kept their cool and tied it on the PP.  They're a lot smarter than I am.  I would've decked him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

It would've turned real ugly if it hadn't been a one goal game at the time.  Rangers kept their cool and tied it on the PP.  They're a lot smarter than I am.  I would've decked him.

Lol...no kidding. All that talk about Cooke reforming and then something must have snapped in his head because that was vintage do*chebaggery. Wow.

I'll bet Shanahan is quite happy Nash got that goal as well....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Did jussi that!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha....I was lobbying on these boards for PC to pick him up when he was on waivers.

He has his uses....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Rangers v. Pens getting ugly....real ugly.

Cooke morphing back onto Cooke. Bylsma better do something about that or there will be casualties....

I think Shanny will be looking at a couple of things from this game GNB. Neal took a good pop to the jaw and Cooke had clear intent to injure when he slashed Lundqvist as payback. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Del Zotto's elbow was ridiculous was it not Dez? So obvious yet no penalty....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Del Zotto's elbow was ridiculous was it not Dez? So obvious yet no penalty....

JM, I must admit it only looked like a big hit when I first saw it. Replay looked ugly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To me (granted I was watching via MSG and not Roots so I may be biased) it looked almost comically premediated.

I was hoping Clowe would administer a beatdown but seeing as how Nash tied the game a short time later I guess we could call it even.

Nonetheless....just ridiculous. Pens had no right winning this game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

To me (granted I was watching via MSG and not Roots so I may be biased) it looked almost comically premediated.

I was hoping Clowe would administer a beatdown but seeing as how Nash tied the game a short time later I guess we could call it even.

Nonetheless....just ridiculous. Pens had no right winning this game.

Fleury was awesome tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Quite true and was surprised about that.

Sometimes I think we all forget he did backstop a team to a cup.

Having Vokoun pushing him helps also....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ok...I am trying my best to remain engaged with the Aves/Wings game but both teams are just horrible. What the hell happened with these two franchises? Suspect goaltending, horrible D, and forwards who can't make a tape to tape pass to save their lives.

Time has not been kind....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fleury was awesome tonight.

Sadly I have to agree he did look good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In the post-game segment of today's 4-1 Jets win over Philly,  the HNIC panel was commenting on video of Bryzgalov on the bench during the game, head cocked to one side, looking as if he were sleeping.  Steve Mason skated over during a TV time out and stopped in front of Bryzgalov to towel off.  The panel said at that moment Bryzgalov should have offered some kind of encouragement.

Instead Mason skated over, towelled off and while doing so had Bryzgalov give a big, gaping yawn in his face but no exchange of words.  Eliotte Friedman said he remembered when the Price/Halak situation was raging a few years ago, Halak said Carey Price could not have been more supportive. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Apparently Halpern has good taste in visors.  At least Ott thinks so.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/did-you-see-that-sabres-forward-steve-otts-odd-night.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone watching anything tonight? I am going to attempt STL and the Jackets. Might be interesting to watch a Columbus team that can actually play.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruce Garrioch from his Sunday column reports this trade deadline rumour.

The Wings listened to offers for C Valtteri Filppula at the deadline and they had a lot of interest. Detroit decided not to move him in the end but the Penguins, Bruins, Leafs and Rangers were all trying to see if they could entice the Wings to move Filppula 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Did anyone see NAS's sign in the Florida game?  Anyone?

In that spirit - Penguins continue to win without him, but what a difference Crosby makes for Kunitz and Iginla!  Iginla has 1 goal in 7 Pens games since the trade.  He has 3 assists, so he's cruising along at a pace roughly like Lucic has had this year.  But here's the killer - he had 9 shots his first two games and he has 5 shots in the 5 games since including 2 games where he didn't get a shot through at all.  Would he have been better in Boston?  Where's shupe, the man who said Iginla is money even if he's a slow starter?  I guess the playoffs will tell the tale, but that is not pretty.

Kunitz has 3 points in 7 since Crosby went down.  He's Rob Brown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Imagine if Iginla turns right around n goes back to Calgary for 2 years. Then your knickname "Fleecetor" takes on a whole new meaning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2-0 Philly over the Habs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Imagine if Iginla turns right around n goes back to Calgary for 2 years. Then your knickname "Fleecetor" takes on a whole new meaning.

I think thats exactly what he's going to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Leafs record 53 Hits in tonite's game against the Devils... I was at the game on Saturday Night vs the Habs and saw a Habs team thoroughly intimidated by the Leafs... I think they had 50 hits that night as well... anyone that thinks that physicallity does not win you hockey games or tilt the game in your favour Leafs beg to differ... Carlyle doing outstanding job.. This team is playing pretty good hockey...

Maybe Claude might want to get a tape of these games and show the Bruins that you are allowed to hit in this league... Bruins had 16 hits in game against Carolina..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Leafs record 53 Hits in tonite's game against the Devils... I was at the game on Saturday Night vs the Habs and saw a Habs team thoroughly intimidated by the Leafs... I think they had 50 hits that night as well... anyone that thinks that physicallity does not win you hockey games or tilt the game in your favour Leafs beg to differ... Carlyle doing outstanding job.. This team is playing pretty good hockey...

Maybe Claude might want to get a tape of these games and show the Bruins that you are allowed to hit in this league... Bruins had 16 hits in game against Carolina..

Difference is B's get penalized like crazy when they hit

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think thats exactly what he's going to do.

Ha!  That would be hilarious.  Especially if the Pens go out early and the Bruins go deep - Fleeceter would be able to say "well, really, we wanted the highest possible first round pick...."

I'm not sure how Iginla's off-season will play out.  Does Calgary want him back?  At what price?  The Flames are awful and getting worse, so a 37 yr old power forward isn't going to help their cause much.  They don't have a single prospect beating down the door at any position, and Baertschi and Gaudreau are their only real hope at the moment.  Hockey's Future has a great line at the top of their prospect page - Strength: grit and leadership, 3rd and 4th liners; Weaknesses: talent.  Their best goalie in Abbotsford is a former LA 7th rounder who has all the earmarks of being a career AHL goalie.  Leland Irving has never inspired confidence in the NHL, and Kiprusoff is done.  They have veterans, not prospects, in the AHL, too.  They are a disaster. 

The only thing Iginla does for them is sell tickets during the rebuild.  So - how much do you pay him to do that?

Pens will be a similar situation - do they look to bring him back because Sid wants him, or do they let him walk and forget the disaster (if that's how the playoffs go) slip into the past?  I don't think either Pitt or Calgary will offer Iginla more than $4M.  I think someone might offer him $5M, but I'm not sure who.  Columbus?  Florida?  Some team with young talent where he needs to be their  Recchi, not their Iginla.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caps-Loafs has gotten testy. Playoff atmosphere alreay starting WOOT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Caps-Loafs has gotten testy. Playoff atmosphere alreay starting WOOT!

I heard they need just one more point to clinch a playoff spot for the first time since 2004.  If they do I'm gonna catch the news at 11 to see if any blue 'n white yahoos hit the streets downtown.