Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

hopefully the jets can beat the caps tonight and then help the bruins clinch second by beating the habs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Talk about putting a team on your back to try n get into the playoffs, Ladd with 14 points in his last 8 games I believe. If that isn't en fuego at the right time then I don't know what is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

he's been something else for sure. The playoff seedings for both my teams could be decided in one game on Saturday with a Bruins win over the caps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kings up on the Wings 1-0 halfway through the game. Detroit needs a win to climb ahead of the BJs for 8th in the West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's Tampa 3, Leafs 2 with under 8 minutes left in regulation time.  It's been a back and forth game.  Those Leafs are playing like the Bruins used to: finishing their checks on everybody wearing the other jersey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

St. Louis just made it 4-2 Lightning at 6:52 of the third.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

So Bruins can't finish any worse than forth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Darn it the parade's on hold again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

So Bruins can't finish any worse than forth.

True, kitch. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Darn it the parade's on hold again.

Only 46 years and counting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just noticed that the longest winning streak in the NHL right now is two games.  Considering a team must be hot at the end of the regular season in order to advance deep into the playoffs, I think it's safe to say that all teams will lose in the first round and the AHL will then play for the Stanley Cup along with the Calder Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I just noticed that the longest winning streak in the NHL right now is two games.  Considering a team must be hot at the end of the regular season in order to advance deep into the playoffs, I think it's safe to say that all teams will lose in the first round and the AHL will then play for the Stanley Cup along with the Calder Cup.

Good.  Then a pro hockey team from Toronto has a chance to win something after all.  Not the Leafs - the Marlies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Awesome.

[I only say that out of charity.]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Anyone else think today will be the last Coyotes game ever?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Anyone else think today will be the last Coyotes game ever?

An uncertain future to be sure, red.  The league's paying their bills.  I read luxury boxes in Jobing.com Arena are empty and the number of corporate partnerships seem to be dropping.  I've also read about a possible relocation to K. C. but who knows?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I've also read about a possible relocation to K. C. but who knows?

Another round in Kansas City for the NHL?

Who knows, worked in Atlanta....oh wait.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

True, but it did work in Winnipeg, Denver, the Bay Area, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota, and Philly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

True, but it did work in Winnipeg, Denver, the Bay Area, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota, and Philly.

Agreed. I am just very skeptical there is a real hockey market in KC. Just because they have an arena and need some use out of it does not on its own make it a prime location. Just my opinion, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Agreed. I am just very skeptical there is a real hockey market in KC. Just because they have an arena and need some use out of it does not on its own make it a prime location. Just my opinion, though.

I have the same doubts - they also lack a strong potential owner. Today being the Yotes last game may not be true, because the NHL lacks easy relocation options. Quebec is the best option ahort term, but the new realignment makes that a logistical nightmare. Who wants to be the one to tell the Wings or Jackets that they're going back to the West?

And don't say Seattle - they can't be ready by the fall.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have the same doubts - they also lack a strong potential owner. Today being the Yotes last game may not be true, because the NHL lacks easy relocation options. Quebec is the best option ahort term, but the new realignment makes that a logistical nightmare. Who wants to be the one to tell the Wings or Jackets that they're going back to the West?

And don't say Seattle - they can't be ready by the fall.

File:Sprint Center Kansas City Missouri.jpg

Sprint Arena sits waiting for an NHL tennant then?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I have the same doubts - they also lack a strong potential owner.

Sounds like a potential Phoenix scenario all over again, and I don't mean the mythical creature rising from the ashes either. I doubt the league would want to play that game all over again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

I've also read about a possible relocation to K. C. but who knows?

Another round in Kansas City for the NHL?

Who knows, worked in Atlanta....oh wait.

A classic example of returning to the well once too often.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just saw HNIC that Spezza is skating, won't join the team for the next two games but could play if Ottawa's playoff series goes a ways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rangers will get the Caps, Bruins, or Shabs in round one.  Ottawa needs three points out of the next two days to pass them for 6th, so the Bruins can actually control their fate here.  If they clinch 2nd tonight, and if Ottawa loses tonight, Boston could choose to rest the varsity vs. Ottawa tomorrow, giving Ottawa the chance to pass the Isles for 7th.  If Ottawa wins tonight, Boston could play the varsity tomorrow to keep the matchup with Ottawa. 

But I hope this is all fan stuff.  Team should focus on what puts them in the best spot to play their game.

Sections
Shortcuts