Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

Another post by the Aves. Hawks still one good shot away from tying this.

And Toews takes that shot. Tied up. Shorthanded no less.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

What's this? The Aves out front with just over a period to go? This is going to be the longest 20 minutes  ever for Colorado......

dam you.  I tuned in all excited and I get to see the Hawks tie it up.

So sick of hearing about the Hawks all the time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Loved Ray Ferraro's comment regarding Kessel's involvement on the third goal, jm.  "I'm not going to vote him the Selke Trophy yet but..."  

lol...knowing TO fans there will be a legion of them tomorrow morning expecting Kessel to actually win it now....good going Ray!!

Strange but true. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Another post by the Aves. Hawks still one good shot away from tying this.

And Toews takes that shot. Tied up. Shorthanded no less.

Makes me think of Sunday in Detroit minus the SH goal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So, who is watching what tonight? I am attempting to view the Pens and Buds. I hope Pitt just destroys them.

BTW: CBJ winners of 4 in a row? WTF?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

So, who is watching what tonight? I am attempting to view the Pens and Buds. I hope Pitt just destroys them.

Montreal -TB 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Montreal -TB 

I was thinking about that one but I just can't watch the Habs unless I absolutely have to....I enjoy watching the Leafs flounder. It's like watching your goofy kid brother make an a** of himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Montreal -TB 

I was thinking about that one but I just can't watch the Habs unless I absolutely have to....I enjoy watching the Leafs flounder. It's like watching your goofy kid brother make an a** of himself.

I will flip back with the center ice package. It was $50 this year I jumped on it. I was at the B's game this afternoon, now want to sit down n relax Now. I am hoping the Habs lose of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will flip back with the center ice package. It was $50 this year I jumped on it. I was at the B's game this afternoon, now want to sit down n relax Now. I am hoping the Habs lose of course.

Enjoy, gooo Lightning!!!!.....Pens score 36 seconds into the game....lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Enjoy, gooo Lightning!!!!.....Pens score 36 seconds into the game....lol.

Kessel -1 already as Neal deposited a rebound .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

18:25  MTL 

David Desharnais : Diving  - 2  min       

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Finally......the first of many I am sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This was an incredible dive.  He wouldn't have fooled a one eyed man from 500 yards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now all of Montreal is blaming Julien .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Now all of Montreal is blaming Julien .

Have there been 911 calls yet I wonder?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If anyone is watching the Habs/TB game tonight, keep an eye on 76 in blue, Pierre-Cedric Labrie.

I swear to God, he's the worst hockey player I have ever seen.  I said the same last year when I saw him "playing" for Hampton Roads. 

100% the worst.

It's amazing that he's employed as anything more than a zoo pooop shoveler.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If anyone is watching the Habs/TB game tonight, keep an eye on 76 in blue, Pierre-Cedric Labrie.

I swear to God, he's the worst hockey player I have ever seen.  I said the same last year when I saw him "playing" for Hampton Roads. 

100% the worst.

Like John Scott bad?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Like John Scott bad?

No joke, he's worse.  Scott is smart enough to know what he can and cannot do.  Labrie seems to follow the puck like a dog tracking a bone.  A dumb dog.  With two legs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No joke, he's worse.  Scott is smart enough to know what he can and cannot do.  Labrie seems to follow the puck like a dog tracking a bone.  A dumb dog.  With two legs.

Interesting. I think I may switch games for a while to watch this r*tarded puppy in action.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You literally won't believe it.  I've been to every level of hockey above Junior B (yes, including the WPHL...Go Lubbock Cotton Kings) and I've never seen a worse player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Johnson is a beast and plays big minutes. BJ's are only 4 points behind NYR with half a season to go. Well, more like a 1/4 season I guess. It's the Oilers that need to be embarrassed so far although T-Bay has also really stunk after having a good start. The Caps are also trailing the BJ's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You literally won't believe it.  I've been to every level of hockey above Junior B (yes, including the WPHL...Go Lubbock Cotton Kings) and I've never seen a worse player.

I just watched Labrie vs. McQuaid from last week.

Jack:  Labrie, who ought to be working in a saw mill...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

100% the worst.

Separated at birth. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Columbus - they are tied with the Pens as the hottest team in the league with 4 straight wins (sorry Hawks, I know it's one loss, but the streak is over).  Rangers are 4 points up with 2 in hand, so we probably have to hold off declaring a winner in any bets.

Anyone else think that, after following the Bruin path to victory in the Stanley Cup last year (physical, strong defensively, record setting goaltending, terrible PP%), the Kings are following the Bruins' post-Cup season plan too?  Weak start, dominating stretch to get back to the top of the standings.  Yet to come...glide to the post-season, get bounced by a team playing a gimmick style?

And...back to the Oilers.  Fascinating team, really, and maybe instructive when you look at what's wrong with the Flyers and what might happen to Florida et al. depending on what they do in terms of "team-building".  How many times has Sam Gagner been on the block in Edmonton?  Yet ever since he took RNH's spot when he was injured, Gagner's been on of Edmonton's most effective players and RNH has struggled.  Can you believe RNH has 1 goal and 8 points all year?  In his first 23 games last year, he had 10 goals and 24 points.  People here were asking whether the Bruins should trade Seguin for him straight up (which, I think, was sparked by Edmonton trying to get both the first and second pick in Hall and Seguin's year, a move that would probably have required Edmonton giving up the pick that eventually became RNH).

The Hamilton v. Schultz watch - DH is 3-9-12, and JS is 5-8-13.  At -3, DH is tied for 3rd worst +/- on the team behind Kelly and Peverley.  JS is -10, third worst on the Oilers behind Nick Schultz and Yakupov.  Part of his problem, and Yakupov's, is that they don't score 5 on 5.  Edmonton has the worst 5on5 Goals for/against in the league.  They score .59 goals for every goal against.  Worse than Florida, and signficantly worse than Columbus (.78).

Edmonton has zero veteran leadership.  Horcoff's out.  Smyth is too old and now a spare part.  Hemsky's not going to show them the way - he has no experience with winning other than that one Finals run - and guys like Belanger and Eager are bottom of the lineup grunts who might be good locker room guys and hard workers, but they aren't going to grab those talented kids and show them the way to be a winning team.  Tons of talent; no direction.  All those kids, Eberle, Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Paajarvi, Schultz - they might fizzle along never making the playoffs until the Oilers can't afford to keep them all.  Tambellini is going to have to take a huge risk - deal one or two of them for a couple of top-notch veterans to balance his roster.   Edmonton being Edmonton (northernmost franchise in the league) I don't know that he can count on getting that veteran help on the UFA market.

I think this is where Philly went wrong, too.  Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek are still young guys who, other than Giroux, haven't seen real success in the NHL.  Team success.  Now that they're the leaders, and they're supported by so many guys who are even less experienced like Read, Couturier, Schenn and Schenn and Grossman..., they have all the talent and no team game.  Florida will end up in the same boat if they deal the guys NAS keeps describing as capable second and third liners on most NHL teams.  Bump them down, make it Huberdeau's team (with Drouin or MacKinnon...), and you might see a good mix.

And yeah - goaltending across the board for these teams, but there may be a reason that every goaltender each of these teams has tried in recent years looks like Blaine Lacher.... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Saw Desharnais' diving penalty in the box score and thought "seed planted".  But from NAS's description, it may be the other way around: Desharnais just gave tangible proof to what Julien said.

Sections
Shortcuts