Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Wow.   The Oil dismantling the Canucks in the 1st period, 3-0 already in the first 5 mins.  Schneider already pulled and Luongo then scored on.

Maybe there is a God.

4-0 Oil with Taylor Hall with a hat trick in the first.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Wow.   The Oil dismantling the Canucks in the 1st period, 3-0 already in the first 5 mins.  Schneider already pulled and Luongo then scored on.

Maybe there is a God.

Might have been 5-0 if Hemsky had perhaps one-timed on a half-open net instead of having to gain control of the puck then shoot with Count Luongo out of position, BadHab.  It gave him time to get back in position.  Anytime Vancouver takes it on the chin I'm happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Maybe there is a God.

Might have been 5-0 if Hemsky had perhaps one-timed on a half-open net instead of having to gain control of the puck then shoot with Count Luongo out of position, BadHab.  It gave him time to get back in position.  Anytime Vancouver takes it on the chin I'm happy.

Quick allowed 3 straight SO goals in a row. He smashes his stick over cross bar but they were great goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

deflects in his face. Not enough damage to be out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21977610/watch-sidney-crosby-hit-in-face-with-puck-leaves-game

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/crosby-indefinitely-broken-jaw-194812342--nhl.html

Wrong diagnosis Doc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rochester 4 - Penguins - 1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sorry Kelv, tonight is a prime example why I do not fear the Quins in the playoffs against a healthy Bruins. If I were a Canadien fan, glad i'm not, there would be no hesitation in feeling confident that Price could outduel Fluery, same with Rask.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anyone else see this:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117230

For some strange reason Ryan Whitney (EDM) decided to drop the gloves with Tim Jackman(CGY) of all people and dutifully gets destroyed.

He must have thought the B's really did pick him up or something....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

The Penguins follow a 4-1 loss to the Sabres with a 6-1 loss to the Rangers.  I wonder how this board would react if the Bruins were to lose 4-1 and 6-1 in back to back games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trades for the Rangers pay off immediatly. Wow did they look good, Torts with big smiles now he doesn't have that overpaid lug out on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Trades for the Rangers pay off immediatly. Wow did they look good, Torts with big smiles now he doesn't have that overpaid lug out on the ice.

Clowe, 2 goals in 15 minutes/TOI after going scoreless in 480 minutes/TOI all season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Anyone else see this:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117230

For some strange reason Ryan Whitney (EDM) decided to drop the gloves with Tim Jackman(CGY) of all people and dutifully gets destroyed.

He must have thought the B's really did pick him up or something....

Where's the fight ? All I saw was Jackman hit Whitney while his jersey was over his head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Sorry Kelv, tonight is a prime example why I do not fear the Quins in the playoffs against a healthy Bruins. If I were a Canadien fan, glad i'm not, there would be no hesitation in feeling confident that Price could outduel Fluery, same with Rask.

The problem is that while I think Price > Rask and Fleury, the amount of scoring chances MTL can allow on a bad night is troubling. Look at the 2nd period against Boston 8 days ago, when the Bruins were all over Montreal. The goals weren't on Price as much as they were on the defense (Marchand left alone in front..forever, the 2x1 etc). I don't expect Price to play at the level of Jaro Halak in 2010 or Thomas in 2011 only because those were 2 superhuman efforts we don't usually see from any goaltender. Given the amount of firepower that Boston (when healthy) and Pittsburgh (ditto) can put out there, I don't want to leave it up to the goalie to steal an entire series.

But I suppose it's not unprecedented: MTL had an advantage in goal in 2002 and 2004 nowhere else, and knocked off Boston both times. And I think the teams are (again, when healthy) about as close as they were in 2011 when it was decided in OT of Game 7. We'll see....I expect MTL to get the 4 seed (and Boston #2) and maybe meet in Round 2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Excellent post as usual Kennedy but as constituted today, I would rather the Bruins meet the Penguins than the Canadiens because of Price. The Penguins are vulnerable with their goaltending. I would take the Rangers in a 7 games series over Pittsburgh right now.

NBC hype machine has not folled me about the Penguins. Dead silence from Pierre and Eddie O with the Rags all over Pittsburgh last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

SDB I wouldn't want to see the Rangers over Pitt in a 7 game series. They never seem to be able to score on Lundquvist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Bruins slump - to me it seemed like the rest of the league was slumping at about the same time.  All the games other than Bruins seemed to be slow there for a while.

How long has it been since all 6 originals have been in the playoffs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

SDB I wouldn't want to see the Rangers over Pitt in a 7 game series. They never seem to be able to score on Lundquvist.

Bruins solved Price, Rolston, Leighton, Miller and Bobby Lou they can the solve King Madison Ave. as long as the Bs have their full healthy lineup and that doesn't include Pandawful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Bruins slump - to me it seemed like the rest of the league was slumping at about the same time.  All the games other than Bruins seemed to be slow there for a while.

How long has it been since all 6 originals have been in the playoffs?

Just checked this and it was 1987- in the first round B's played Habs, Rangers played Flyers, Blues played Leafs, and Wings played Hawks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just checked this and it was 1987- in the first round B's played Habs, Rangers played Flyers, Blues played Leafs, and Wings played Hawks.

ha! you were in diapers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

not quite - I wish, that would make me younger now ;)

And I looked deeper, it only happened one other year - 1978. For that one, I was in diapers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Bruins solved Price, Rolston, Leighton, Miller and Bobby Lou they can the solve King Madison Ave. as long as the Bs have their full healthy lineup and that doesn't include Pandawful.

That's fine, but none of them have historically given the Bruins fits.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Joffrey Lupul knocked out of the game against Philly.. That will hurt.. This guy was on fire.. Didn't see the hit but they are stating upper body injury.. He just came back from a broken wrist..

Four big wins in a row for Philly if they pull it off.. and they are right back in it .. I thought they were done.  Going to be some finish at the end this year in the East.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Joffrey Lupul knocked out of the game against Philly.. That will hurt.. This guy was on fire.. Didn't see the hit but they are stating upper body injury.. He just came back from a broken wrist..

Four big wins in a row for Philly if they pull it off.. and they are right back in it .. I thought they were done.  Going to be some finish at the end this year in the East.

I was thinking the same thing CB9. The caps are refusing to go quietly too. We'll be in for quite a finish I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's fine, but none of them have historically given the Bruins fits.

Only during Saturday day games LOL No I here yah but he hasn't faired that well when the pressure has been on during the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

And I think the teams are (again, when healthy) about as close as they were in 2011 when it was decided in OT of Game 7. We'll see....I expect MTL to get the 4 seed (and Boston #2) and maybe meet in Round 2.

Get off the crack, Jack.

When healthy (that includes mentally, right?) the B's will dismantle the Habs.  Markov is sputtering, Subban is diving again, and nothing was done to make that team any better up there.

Price is a great goaltender.  I give him all the respect in the world.  The forwards are soft outside of Prust and "Moan", the defense is softer and Price can't win every game by himself.  With both teams healthy, Jagr or Horton are on the third line in Boston.

The Habs can't match that firepower up front, or stop it in their own end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rangers v. Pens getting ugly....real ugly.

Cooke morphing back onto Cooke. Bylsma better do something about that or there will be casualties....

Sections
Shortcuts