Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Caps-Loafs has gotten testy. Playoff atmosphere alreay starting WOOT!

I heard they need just one more point to clinch a playoff spot for the first time since 2004.  If they do I'm gonna catch the news at 11 to see if any blue 'n white yahoos hit the streets downtown.

Not going to happen Toronto are dead legged tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=44wRoQYPHRU

Rosehill got his in early then often. Good fight, no holding on there!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Isles Was Ott all looking to solidify playoff spots, Ott lucked out on non back to back nights, Tor not so much. 

Phi spoiling again with Nyr, Win in battle trying to catch Was but time is running out. Go Win.Trying Red.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Wheeler jumps Peg ahead with G to his Assist 34 Points and counting

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Wheeler jumps Peg ahead with G to his Assist 34 Points and counting

Well , we can always look back and say " Peverly helped us win a Cup" And he did.. Long term trade, not so good.... Wheeler on his way to be a star in this league..., Peverly on his way out of Boston after this year....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes, let's now judge the trade based on a 40 game stretch of regular season play.

Bruins won the Cup.  They don't win it with Wheeler.  Wheeler doesn't become as good in Boston because he would never crack the top six.  He has improved because he plays top six minutes on a non-playoff team.  Boston is not that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Canucks being the Canucks tonight I see.  Burrows third man in on a Ballard Backes bout.  That's a lot of Bs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Canucks being the Canucks tonight I see.  Burrows third man in on a Ballard Backes bout.  That's a lot of Bs.

So much for 3rd man in automatic game-misconduct. Burrows gets away with so much crud!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How odd would it be to see bruins-islanders in the first round? Very likely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

How odd would it be to see bruins-islanders in the first round? Very likely.

I think the Islanders scoot by Ottawa.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Habs getting beat pretty good by the Pens tonight. 6-3 in the 3rd and Morrow just told Subban he was going to pound him in 5 minutes. I'm interested to see if PK mans up and squares off with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Another 6 goals against on the Habs. Looks like they are in a bit of a tailspin.

Bad time to go into a funk for them.....good for everyone else in the division.

Who knew Emelin meant so much on their back end?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117416

Wow what a fight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

T-Bay just tied it 2-2 with 15 minutes to go after the Habs had a 2-0 lead. Sweeeeeet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And then a weak call on Tampa, of course in the 3rd period in Montreal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And then a weak call on Tampa, of course in the 3rd period in Montreal.

Makeup call after the Habs fail on the PP though. Brutal slashing call against Bishop on Gionta earlier in the game. Bishop barely leaned on him so I have no idea where the slash call came from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Forget that San. Ref just gave Malone a brutal interference call and unsportsmanlike to boot. Damn, I also forgot the dive by Patches to draw the call on Brewer. Awful job being done in Montreal tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Forget that San. Ref just gave Malone a brutal interference call and unsportsmanlike to boot. Damn, I also forgot the dive by Patches to draw the call on Brewer. Awful job being done in Montreal tonight.

And of course another call to put Montreal on the PP, 3rd times a charm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Habs literally spent 40% of the third period on the PP. I'm angrier after this game than I was last night. I can only imagine how angry Malone is right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117416

Wow what a fight!

Big-time bombs thrown between Boulton and Orr.  And the Leafs lose to NYI.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Habs literally spent 40% of the third period on the PP. I'm angrier after this game than I was last night. I can only imagine how angry Malone is right now.

I guess that's one way to end a losing streak....on the back of the refs.

This is exactly why I don't want the B's playing the Habs in the playoffs......the team would literally spend half the freakin series shorthanded....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Torn a bit over tomorrow's games. I'd like to see Boston catch Montreal and move up to second again, but with a Montreal win over Washington tomorrow, and if the Jets beat NYI at the MTS Centre, then the Jets will jump from 9th to 3rd with only three games left for both the Caps and Jets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm hoping Washington doesn't get the same refs in Montreal as Tampa did last night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm hoping Washington doesn't get the same refs in Montreal as Tampa did last night.

A small part of me is hoping they do get the same refs.  I want my whiteout. ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Early in the second period in Buffalo the home side are getting blasted by NYR 5-0.  John Scott was just circling around like a giant buzzard after a stoppage in play.