Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

Nash makes it 6-0 NYR.  Enroth started the second period instead of Miller.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's now 6-2 Rangers. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Callaghan on a breakaway just made it 7-2 NYR.  Goalfest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

7-3 Rangers with under 2 minutes left in the second.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

RHO, I'm actually watching Barrie vs Bellville. Subban playing against Camara on Sportsnet. Is Ekblad ever awesome to watch. He's already got an NHL beard and he's not eligible for this year's draft. 6'3 - 207 and he skates really well. Unbelievable poise with the puck. It's so easy to forget he just turned 17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't care that Jordan Subban is only 5'9 - 177. He's a good D-man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

RHO, I'm actually watching Barrie vs Bellville. Subban playing against Camara on Sportsnet. Is Ekblad ever awesome to watch. He's already got an NHL beard and he's not eligible for this year's draft. 6'3 - 207 and he skates really well. Unbelievable poise with the puck. It's so easy to forget he just turned 17.

Missed it, dez.  Had to step away.  Imagine 6-3, 207 and just 17.  And skilled.  What was your view on Subban and Camara?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Missed it, dez.  Had to step away.  Imagine 6-3, 207 and just 17.  And skilled.  What was your view on Subban and Camara?

Bruins Subban was just what I hoped for. Looked very agile and I thought he was good positionally. They said he only faced 28 shots in the 3-2 win but he really made it look easy in the 2nd half of the game. Camara was OK but always seemed like he was just about to do something good only to come up short. Chowdah was right about him though. He's a pretty good skater with better than average straight line speed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So math wise Buffalo's loss means only 9 teams are still alive in the East. The Peg's the only team on the outside that could still get in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm torn between watching the free UFC or the Leafs-Sens game. I think I'll go with the hockey game because there should be the same amount of punches thrown.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

TO  goal called back after NHL head office reviews it.

This game is pretty intense. Playoff atmosphere for sure...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cherry's Bruins outfit is awesome tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol......well, he is the sharp dressed man after all (remember Don Cherry's Grapevine).

Did you catch the Kassian-McLaren bout? Hair pulling and headbutting, I thought MacLaren was going to whip out his tampon and use it as a weapon after a while.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

lol......well, he is the sharp dressed man after all (remember Don Cherry's Grapevine).

Did you catch the Kassian-McLaren bout? Hair pulling and headbutting, I thought MacLaren was going to whip out his tampon and use it as a weapon after a while.

I didn't blame Kassian for being pissed. McLaren was dirty because he got frustrated by Kassian dominating him. Greasy for sure. Great fight in the UFC just now too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

2-0 Leafs late in the second.

The difference between the two teams is TO is burying their chances, Sens are not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Late period goal by the Sens.

They're back in it....should be a great 3rd period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

2-0 Leafs late in the second.

The difference between the two teams is TO is burying their chances, Sens are not.

Silverberg makes it 2-1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

A couple of good things tonite...  Washington dominating Habs 4-0... Anyone want to play these guys in the first round?   Great to see Jeff Skinner back on the ice.... After the last hit , I was kind of worried about him , too many concussions in one year... League needs these great young players in the game....hope nothing but the best for the little guy...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Goal by Kadri, weak one let in by Anderson, making it 3-1 Buds.

Could be the back breaker here....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shabs are in more trouble than the Bruins are.  They aren't that different than last year's non-playoff sqaud.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shabs are in more trouble than the Bruins are.

Yep. the B's have not been winning much lately but they also have not been blown out either.

The Habs are not just losing but losing in spectaclar fashion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Leafs win 4-1 outshot 50-22

B's lose 3-2  outshoot 40-24

Was beats shabs 5-1 outshot 36-25===Price 20 saves

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Leafs win 4-1 outshot 50-22

B's lose 3-2  outshoot 40-24

Was beats shabs 5-1 outshot 36-25===Price 20 saves

Ottawa in same boat as Bruin's just can't score goals,probably be a good match for Bruins in playoffs,Bruins might be able to win with 1or 2 goals,that's all they ever seem to score.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Couple of curiosities in the standings.  San Jose looks like they've righted the ship after many people had picked them to be sellers moving Marleau or Boyle or both.  Then you look at the record a little closer and see that they have the most SO wins in the league, and they're way under .500 on the road.  Neither's a good sign for the playoffs when the SO goes away and a 5th seed has to win at least once on the road.

Columbus, who jettisoned their big money, big name in the off-season is tied with Minnesota, who spent like crazy.

After firing their coach, Tampa has fallen further in the standings.  Steve, maybe it's your roster?  Strangest thing is the Lightning have a -1 goal differential.  That's better than Columbus and Minnesota, the 8 and 7 seeds in the West.  Feast or famine?

Nashville is awful.  Tied for the worst offense in the league with the Panters.

Bruins need one more win to guarantee they finish ahead of the Laffs.  Technically, they're still in 4th - the Shabs would take a tie-breaker if the season ended today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shabs are in more trouble than the Bruins are.  They aren't that different than last year's non-playoff sqaud.

Is Emelin really that big of a core player for the Smurfs ?

Sections
Shortcuts