Around the League - 2013 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Around the League - 2013 Edition

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shabs are in more trouble than the Bruins are.  They aren't that different than last year's non-playoff sqaud.

Is Emelin really that big of a core player for the Smurfs ?

San, I think losing Emelin was just another blow to an already weakened defense. Losing Diaz for so long beforehand made Emelin's play that much more important.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shabs are in more trouble than the Bruins are.  They aren't that different than last year's non-playoff sqaud.

The thing about Emelin was you never knew when he was going to take a run at you so opposing teams had to be on the lookout.Now they have PK but he can't be on the ice all the time.On a side note Carey Price is brutal, i guess all this Hart or Vezina talk has stopped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Losing Diaz for so long beforehand made Emelin's play that much more important.

Forgot about Diaz, yah that compunds the lose of Emelin. Very surprised at Price 50, no doubt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Shupe, tonight I'm a fan of your boy.  I really hope , this time , Neil jumps Cookie because he will not drop them.

p.s. even though I don't think he cut Karlsson's achilles on purpose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Shupe, tonight I'm a fan of your boy.  I really hope , this time , Neil jumps Cookie because he will not drop them.

Neil just ran Simon Despres instead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

After cooke wouldnt fight.  If only our tough guy would do this, Dont wanna fight, fine im getting my hide.  That was a joke call.  He wasnt striding into him.  He was coasting a delivered a great hit.  Hockey sucks.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS dez,

you need a reverse lucic curse.  You put him in the clown class and hes been less then that.  Apologize now before the season is over.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He hit Depres up high. He got his head whether the contact was incidental or not. If I said he's a clown it's because I'm calling him a clown. Not because of the stupid nickname Nas has chosen for some professional players. Nice revenge tactics Neil. Maybe make sure your team makes the playoffs too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He hit Depres up high. He got his head whether the contact was incidental or not. If I said he's a clown it's because I'm calling him a clown. Not because of the stupid nickname Nas has chosen for some professional players. Nice revenge tactics Neil. Maybe make sure your team makes the playoffs too.

Stop.  It wasnt high.  If this is an illegal hit just eliminate hitting.  You hate him fine.  But thats a clean hit.  They called it bc of everything else going on.  The young guy had his head up his hinny and got belted.  

neils no clown.  Hes a hard nosed player who plays every night.  if only we had someone like him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

tonight I don't care what he does. Reformed Cooke won't drop them so Neil is making his teammates pay but Pens have nothing to worry they're being protected by refs.

It's amazing how many high sticking penalties teams get against the Pens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Stop.  It wasnt high.  If this is an illegal hit just eliminate hitting.  You hate him fine.  But thats a clean hit.  They called it bc of everything else going on.  The young guy had his head up his hinny and got belted.  

neils no clown.  Hes a hard nosed player who plays every night.  if only we had someone like him.  

He was penalized for the hit Shupe whether you agree with it or not. I could see he was going to do it from the time he crossed the blue line. He's a predator. You like his style. That's fine . I don't. I agreed with the call on the ice other than the fact Neil clearly shoud've also been given a roughing penalty to even things to 4 on 4. Refs aren't perfect by an stretch but they usually get it right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He was penalized for the hit Shupe whether you agree with it or not. I could see he was going to do it from the time he crossed the blue line. He's a predator. You like his style. That's fine . I don't. I agreed with the call on the ice other than the fact Neil clearly shoud've also been given a roughing penalty to even things to 4 on 4. Refs aren't perfect by an stretch but they usually get it right.

No, that was a we have to call something.  A clean hit is a clean hit.  The refs are trying to keep this sane.  And i knew it was coming as well.  Predator is right.  Its hockey.  I love his style.  I wish lucic came to play every night like this.  

He was coasting in.  He could have destroyed him if he wanted as the young guy wasnt aware who was on the ice.  

if thats not a clean hit eliminate it from the game.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Neil had to run someone Cooke, of course, would not engage him. That was a great, clean hit too. Amazing how much I hate the Penguins, pulling hard for Ottawa.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Nice revenge tactics Neil. Maybe make sure your team makes the playoffs too."

Well only tonight i'm a fan anyways.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No, that was a we have to call something.  A clean hit is a clean hit.  The refs are trying to keep this sane.  And i knew it was coming as well.  Predator is right.  Its hockey.  I love his style.  I wish lucic came to play every night like this.

He was coasting in.  He could have destroyed him if he wanted as the young guy wasnt aware who was on the ice.  

The refs have nothing to gain by calling the penalty something it's not. Why not just give Neil 2 for roughing if they "have to call something"? The ref felt it was a charge so that's what he called it. I didn't disagree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The refs have nothing to gain by calling the penalty something it's not. Why not just give Neil 2 for roughing if they "have to call something"? The ref felt it was a charge so that's what he called it. I didn't disagree.

Youve never seen a ref make a call in a game like this to control both teams?   Really?   I find that impossible considering the amount of hockey you watch.  It wasnt a charge.  It was a great hockey hit that is being filtered out of the game.  If he wanted to charge him he wouldnt be getting up.  

Was his arm up before the scuffle?   Bc if it was i didnt see it.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well this game is too close , Neil won't try anything now. Too bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Neil had to run someone Cooke, of course, would not engage him. That was a great, clean hit too. Amazing how much I hate the Penguins, pulling hard for Ottawa.

Thank you.  It was a nice hit.  And cooke isnt off the hook just yet.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sad thing about cooke is hes a decent player.  I remember him in van and he seemed well liked   Same in pitt and even in his short time in washington.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

And Cooke gets away with it , again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And Cooke gets away with it , again. 

Would be a fun first round series if it lines up that way.  hard to believe the jets could take the 3 spot tomorrow night.  Meaning the caps would face pitt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its not looking good for Ottawa, they might not make it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

and this sunday the game might mean something to them and the Bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

For sure and there on the road in Washington and home to Philly, won't be easy for them.if the Caps have locked up the division by then maybe they will rest some regulars.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hopefully the Habs help Boston so that 2nd place is wrapped up by Saturday. Montreal is at New Jersey tonight, @Winnipeg and then play Toronto. Bruins win tonight then against Tampa then it's over.