Around The League - Playoff Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Around The League - Playoff Style

So much for Budaj.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Habs are done. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

whoops. thought alfredsson tipped that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

all is good in the world. thank you alfie

Turris gets the credit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

NICE COMEBACK SENS.....strangle hold on the series....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Bad loss for Habs I was wrong thought the Habs had them. The problem if Price couldn't comeback for overtime how will he play two days from now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good old Cole: "tough to take...that's it."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Hey Peter Budaj...you haven't played in 2 weeks. How would you like to come in and get between the pipes for overtime in the biggest game of the season? Sound like a plan?

Sheesh....the life of a backup goaltender (potentially).

Kennedy, you called it. It's Budaj in OT.

I can't even imagine....

So what if MTL wins the game in, say, double-OT and Budaj is a beast. That'll sure bring the drama.

I've read it doesn't take much for that to emerge regarding the Habs in Montreal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wow...could we see both the 7th & 8th seeds make it to the 2nd round?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

all is good in the world. thank you alfie

Turris gets the credit.

Looked like he didn't see it with the traffic in his face.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

So much for Budaj.....

That was bad thats got to be stopped bad goal to give up, HABS  in serious trouble.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I've read it doesn't take much for drama to emerge regarding the Habs in Montreal.

Oh come on...blew a lead, down 3-1, Prust injured, Price out at the end of the game....the fan base will be calm like a cool ocean breeze tomorrow. What drama could there possibly be???

Yeah: I think I'll avoid TSN radio tomorrow. Something tells me that'll be a smart move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Diaz tries to elbow the puck out of the air but it went right past Budaj's shoulder.

Ouch!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Well, here's something everyone here can agree on. WOO-HOO! GOAL SHARKS!!

It's so....strange....being on the same side with everyone here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Oh come on...blew a lead, down 3-1, Prust injured, Price out at the end of the game....the fan base will be calm like a cool ocean breeze tomorrow. What drama could there possibly be???

Yeah: I think I'll avoid TSN radio tomorrow. Something tells me that'll be a smart move.

The sports headlines in the Gazette should be a colourful read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bad bad goal. Going to be tough for the Habs to come back from that loss. 

Nucks down already - they're cooked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now I turn my attention to talking smack to Canuck fans LoL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

That was bad thats got to be stopped bad goal to give up, HABS  in serious trouble.

And to think some hab fans wanted Budaj to start tonight...careful what you wish for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Bad bad goal. Going to be tough for the Habs to come back from that loss. 

Only way it could be worse is if they went down 3-1 because a guy got lightly slashed in overtime and then just quit on the play, leading to a breakaway goal that ends the game. THAT would be a situation from which they could never possibly come back! Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Only way it could be worse is if they went down 3-1 because a guy got lightly slashed in overtime and then just quit on the play, leading to a breakaway goal that ends the game. THAT would be a situation from which they could never possibly come back! Wink

Except Anderson is not Raycroft....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nucks tie it up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

How the heck did that go in? Mason Raymond ties it up. I think that's enough for me. Hope to glance at my phone around 3:30 in the morning (when I inevitably wake up screaming after seeing the Habs sit on and then blow the lead tonight) and see that SJ swept the Canucks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Caschmucks tie it 1-1.  Mason Raymond with the long wrist shot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

And Montreal isn't as good as that team was, either...despite winning the division. They're young and they stayed healthy all season, more than anyone else did. Now OTT is healthy and MTL isn't (Gionta probably shouldn't have played, Eller is out, Prust looks like he's in rough shape, and maybe Price?). Naah....no way they come back from this. They'd have to be fully healthy to compete with a fully healthy OTT team, who may have won the division themselves if they had been as healthy as MTL was all year.

I'm OK with that, though. MTL was dead last in the conference a year ago. They're good and they're young. They've already exceeded my expectations. As long as they don't go out and embarass themselves like they did in Game 3, I'm pretty satisfied with the shortened season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

And Montreal isn't as good as that team was, either...despite winning the division. They're young and they stayed healthy all season, more than anyone else did. Now OTT is healthy and MTL isn't (Gionta probably shouldn't have played, Eller is out, Prust looks like he's in rough shape, and maybe Price?). Naah....no way they come back from this. They'd have to be fully healthy to compete with a fully healthy OTT team, who may have won the division themselves if they had been as healthy as MTL was all year.

I'm OK with that, though. MTL was dead last in the conference a year ago. They're good and they're young. They've already exceeded my expectations. As long as they don't go out and embarass themselves like they did in Game 3, I'm pretty satisfied with the shortened season.

one problem though, the habs NEED markov to be healthy. He isn't getting any younger and isn't exactly an iron man.

Sections
Shortcuts