Around The League - Playoff Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Around The League - Playoff Style

Pens do indeed name Vokoun as their starter for tomorrow. Good move: why keep people in suspense and have it be the big question all day today and tomorrow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Anyone else finding themselves rooting for the Islanders? I do, and it's not a anti Iginla,Cooke or Crosby thing, just find myself liking them. A lot of it has to do with Tavares, what a player, but I like that teams mojo, if that makes any sense.

and that might be the first time I've ever used the word mojo. I don't even know what it means.

Sounds weird but I've been a huge Tavares fan since he was only 15. He's been on the hockey scene here in Canada for what seems like such a long time. He won his fair share of gold at the WJC's. He also scored an OHL record of 215 career goals, despite the fact he left for the NHL at 18. He's a hockey machine. I think he'll be remembered many years from now as being one of the best of his generation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anyone else finding themselves rooting for the Islanders? I do, and it's not a anti Iginla,Cooke or Crosby thing, just find myself liking them. A lot of it has to do with Tavares, what a player, but I like that teams mojo, if that makes any sense.

and that might be the first time I've ever used the word mojo. I don't even know what it means.

How can you not root for the Islanders?

Nothing wrong with the anti Iggy, cooke, or Crosby thing either.

The Isles are the little engine that could, the little broke down franchise in their little broken down rink taking it to the Pittsburg juggernaut with their so so wonderful GM and new rink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

OK, if the Pittsburgh coach runs Fleurey out there again next game, he should be fired before the first period ends.

I agree:  how can he put Fleury back out there? I'll be stunned....it's not just his play in this series, but looking back at last year as well, when he was brutal in losing a series to a Philly team that they never, ever should have lost to. The Cup win where Fleury did play well seems like forever ago: it's only been 4 years.

Vokoun isn't going to bring back any memories of Patrick Roy or Tim Thomas, but he should at least be steady. That'd be more than the Pens have received so far.

You're not kidding about Fleury last year against Philly. I watched that entire series and as brutal as Briz was, Fleury was a complete stiff. Bad goal after bad goal. Probably one of the (if not the) worst performance from a goalie in a playoff that I can remember. With that team in front of him, all he really has to do is stop the easy ones and they'll win on most nights. Not trying to take anything away from the Islanders, because they have been flying. Tavares is a future MVP, if not the current choice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Its only controversial in Vancouver. They lost, so it's the refs' fault. Stop me if youv'e heard them say that before.

And Bieksa in the box for the tying goal. Delicious.

3 good things today:

The Nucks get swept.

The Pens are feeling Isles breathing down their necks.

The Scabs are 1 game from asking the cops to investigate all the Sens.

That's a start to a beautiful spring day I must say Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Sounds weird but I've been a huge Tavares fan since he was only 15. He's been on the hockey scene here in Canada for what seems like such a long time. He won his fair share of gold at the WJC's. He also scored an OHL record of 215 career goals, despite the fact he left for the NHL at 18. He's a hockey machine. I think he'll be remembered many years from now as being one of the best of his generation.

This is how I am with MacKinnon.  It's looking more and more like I'll be a permanent resident of Florida over the summer, so I'm hoping the Panthers get him.

The good news is, if they do, it won't hurt the B's at all because the Pathers could get a 25 year old Gretzky and still rot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This is how I am with MacKinnon.  It's looking more and more like I'll be a permanent resident of Florida over the summer, so I'm hoping the Panthers get him.

The good news is, if they do, it won't hurt the B's at all because the Pathers could get a 25 year old Gretzky and still rot.

MacKinnon is also a special talent but I just don't see him at the same level as Tavares. Regardless, this year's draft will be interesting considering there are 4 guys with 1st overall talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I hear you, kel.  I've always liked the David vs Goliath-type situations.  I see this series as having that kind of feel to it with the Isles giving the mighty Pens major difficulties.  I've only seen bits of each game but read NYI have been the superior team since Game 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man when Getzlaf gets that big frame behind his wrister, forget it just look in back of the net. Wings have come to play though, all over the Ducks up until the tying goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Man when Getzlaf gets that big fram behind his wrister, forget it just look in back of the net. Wings have come to play though, all over the Ducks up until the tying goal.

You can see the torque on the stick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Man when Getzlaf gets that big frame behind his wrister, forget it just look in back of the net. Wings have come to play though, all over the Ducks up until the tying goal.

nice goal to tie the game,  easily my in my top3 non-Bruin faves.

Watching OT L.A.- STL drama in this one Blues score a seeing eye goal with 40secs left in the game. Will watch this OT with calm.  Sobotka scores ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

nice goal to tie the game,  easily my in my top3 non-Bruin faves.

Watching OT L.A.- STL drama in this one Blues score a seeing eye goal with 40secs left in the game. Will watch this OT with calm.  Sobotka scores ?

Voynov..Isnt it nice to watch a playoff OT game with two other teams? I sometimes hope they dont score for a bit so I can keep on watching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Price officially out.  What a tough spot for Budaj to be in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Photo: The Vancouver Canucks are the first team to be eliminated in the playoffs going down 4 straight games. BARDOWN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Should be interseting. He was not exactly stellar in ot last game.

Sens need to get to him early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kevin Weekes on CBC: "Ottawa has to win this game if they want to win this series."

Gee, I thought the same logic applied to both teams?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Should be interseting. He was not exactly stellar in ot last game.

Sens need to get to him early.

I am curious to see how Vokoun plays since  this is the night of the back ups. I want to see if the Islanders could keep their momentum going on the road at Pittsburgh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Gionta, No Price....finish the Shabs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I am curious to see how Vokoun plays since  this is the night of the back ups. I want to see if the Islanders could keep their momentum going on the road at Pittsburgh.

Keep us posted stinky....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha...Sens score.

Budaj with a gigantic rebound, could be a very bad night for the habs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

hahaha...Sens score.

Budaj with a gigantic rebound, could be a very bad night for the habs.

Budaj acted like the puck was a rattlesnake.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Keep us posted stinky....

Always flipping back n fourth believe me I want the Habs and Pens out OUT, lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Budaj acting like the puck was a rattlesnake.

Yep....my advice to the Sens: shoot from everywhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I want the Habs and Pens out OUT, lol

You are not alone....