Around The League - Playoff Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Around The League - Playoff Style

In response to cowboys9's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Who wants to play the SEN'S next round... This team will be a tough out .. Very impressed with this team all season.... "The bug eyed Walrus " has to be coach of the year...

I believe the Pens will get that honour once they dispose of the Islanders.

Unless the Rangers beat the Caps.

No.. Ottawa is the lowest seed remaining even if Rags beat Wash.. rankings would be  Pittsburgh, Boston, NY Rangers, Ottawa....

Yup with Ottawa winning, the Bs get the winner of Caps Rangers cause I don't see the Isles winning that series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

please rub out those ryderboners and send him golf clubs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Who wants to play the SEN'S next round... This team will be a tough out .. Very impressed with this team all season.... "The bug eyed Walrus " has to be coach of the year...

I think the Jack Adams Trophy is his to lose, cowboys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Why doesn't MacLean just put 4 skaters on the ice and save refs the trouble? One gratuitous call after another. Too bad it backfired -- Sens score a shorty. If Habs don't score early in the 3rd -- look for more calls to allow Habs a 5 on 3 advantage.

Every call that sends Montreal to the power play is a "gratuitous call". The referees clearly have an agenda to help Montreal. Although it was WAY more obvious in Game 4.

I may not make it through period 3....drove to Gloucester, MA from Augusta, ME and back last night for a family birthday dinner. I'm beat, so I'll have to miss those upcoming 5x3s. Hope your prediction is better than BruinsJerseyFan or whetever's was in Game 1...he predicted the refs would help MTL over the last 15 minutes of Game 1 by putting OTT shorthanded, but those refs must not have gotten the memo.

I stand corrected on my original prediction. Sens benefitted from the calls in the 3rd.

On the other hand -- I actually found myself cheering for Chris Neil in this series -- I'M SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I think the Jack Adams Trophy is his to lose, cowboys.

Considering the votes are already in, he has no fear of losing it now.....:)

By the way, how funny would it have been had MacLean called a timeout with 13 seconds left last night? At least Gryba was out there on the last shift.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Another PP goal for the Sens....Budaj is weak again.

Look for the habs to goon it up now (watch out Gryba).

All over but the crying.

Hats off to the Senators.  A young and up and coming team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Anyone watching Pitt-NYI game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

John Tavares great shot 1-0 Isles !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Tavares just made it 1-0 NYI at 14:15 of the first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Isles all over Pitt for the first 7 minutes. That could change quick in a blink of an eye.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Iginla ties it up @ 1-1 depositing a rebound off a Crosby rush. What could have been. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

2-1 Islanders. Nice!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

McDonald nice shot isles out working the pens so far 2-1 NYI after one period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The hard-charging Isles just took a 2-1 lead near the end of the first period. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

A game like this could take are minds off the bruins for one night. lol 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The TSN intermission panel of Craig Button, Aaron Ward and Bob Mackenzie offered their opinions of the Bruins/Leafs series.  Ward said there will be a Game 7 because the Leafs have momentum, are starting to believe in themselves, they took 2 out of 3 games in Boston and they've exceeded expectations. 

Button suggested coming of last night's performance Reimer is the key adding he's cleaned up his rebound situation.  Bob Mackenzie said former TSN colleague John Tortorella, a non-believer in momentum convinced him momentum doesn't exist and added yes, the Leafs won 2 of 3 away and still face elimination tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Isles are relentless in their pursuit of the puck.  They're giving the Pens little time to make decisions and causing turnovers.  As a result it's now 3-2 NYI early in the third.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Isles are relentless in their pursuit of the puck.  They're giving the Pens little time to make decisions with the puck and causing turnovers.  As a result it's now 3-2 NYI early in the third.

Awesome game!  So much less stressful than watching your favorite team, will only be slightly disappointed if the Isles lose, but I think they're going to win!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The Isles are relentless in their pursuit of the puck.  They're giving the Pens little time to make decisions with the puck and causing turnovers.  As a result it's now 3-2 NYI early in the third.

Awesome game!  So much less stressful than watching your favorite team, will only be slightly disappointed if the Isles lose, but I think they're going to win!

BH, they're playing like each shift is life or death - which it can be in these high-stake games. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BH, they're playing like each shift is life or death - which it can be in these high-stake games. 

I'd like to see the Bruins play a few games like the Isles are tonight.

I think these playoffs are the most entertaining that I've seen in ages.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'd like to see the Bruins play a few games like the Isles are tonight.

I think these playoffs are the most entertaining that I've seen in ages.

Absolutely.  The Isles are working at a fever pitch.  I'd like to think the Bruins are capable of the same - and not just in spurts because they're trailing.  No more comments from their players about not matching the Leafs' intensity from the start, please. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh darn.  Next goal wins it in Pens Isles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Orpik ends it for Pittsburgh 4-3 in OT.  Pens move on in 6 to face the Sens. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

Orpik ends it for Pittsburgh 4-3 in OT.  Pens move on in 6 to face the Sens. 

I think Sens will give them a good fight

Based on the maximum effort Ottawa seems to give every shift I agree the Pens will have their hands full.

Sections
Shortcuts