Around The League - Playoff Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Around The League - Playoff Style

NAS is fun.  Just post something about condoms.

And NAS, I still think Chiarelli needs to make some minor tweeks to this roster in the offseason.  Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley aren't worth 3 million a year, in my opinion.  I'm beginning to like Jagr, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

All my hockey talk is done on the HF Boards 

[/QUOTE]

Going to the Bruins HF Board is like thinking about the possibilities of dating a nun.

Nothing's happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Blackhawks 2 mins. away from going down 3-1 in the series. Wow, didn't see that coming....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Imagine being a Blackhawk fan tonight .  This forum would be going mental

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Howard is the difference in that series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Is anybody going to watch Pens-Sens tonight , to take are mind off the bruins for one night. Does anybody think Ottawa can win tonight just to extend the series or like me think it is all over after tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ottawa will win tonight as a matter of will.  The Pens are paper tigers in net.  There time is a coming!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ottawa is a pretty proud team of underdogs.

I think they're going to bring it hard tonight.  I hope it's enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Malkin in on a breakaway scores what a shot 4-1 pens. Anything could happen but the pens are heading to the ECF. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Malkin in on a breakaway scores what a shot 4-1 pens. Anything could happen but the pens are heading to the ECF. 

Pens just to strong to many weapons, if they get even decent goaltending awfully tough for anyone to beat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

pens up 5-1 Neal show tonight game soon to be over along with series. Pittsburgh connecting on all cylinders. As I am posting Turris scores for Sens to cut the lead to 5-2 to little to late. Besides game three, not one of Anderson's best series's but with all of Pittsburgh's fire power and all them great forwards they have can't blame him. Great year from Sens they were just overmatched. As I am getting ready to send this James Neal gets the HAT TRICK, Malkin to Neal roof job. Let me post this before the pens score again. Lol! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hate Pitt.  The NYI deserved to beat them.  I'm hoping we watch lots of their video on how to keep pressure and speed on them.  The only way we beat them is to play similar style as we did on Van in 2011.    It will be difficult bc their pp is so lethal.  I know everyone has a jones for Cooke.  But letang would be my target. 

We just need to take care of business tomorrow.  Then get the war paint ready for Pitt.  Its been a very non Bruin like couple rounds.  Very civil and business like.  I don't want any of that against Pitt. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Pittsburgh is rolling right now.  Ottawa impressed me the most of all EC teams in the first round, and they just got stomped.  Hopefully the Pens get some rust during the long break.

I think the Bruins forwards can contain Crosby, but Malkin really worries me.  He's a freak who plays his best in big games.  Whatever size and strength advantage Chara has on him he more than makes up for with speed and agility.

Ottawa's defense and goaltending was great all season, and Pittsburgh lit them up.  They look damn scary right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BSXIII's comment:

Pittsburgh is rolling right now.  Ottawa impressed me the most of all EC teams in the first round, and they just got stomped.  Hopefully the Pens get some rust during the long break.

I think the Bruins forwards can contain Crosby, but Malkin really worries me.  He's a freak who plays his best in big games.  Whatever size and strength advantage Chara has on him he more than makes up for with speed and agility.

Ottawa's defense and goaltending was great all season, and Pittsburgh lit them up.  They look damn scary right now.

I agree, but Chara is a huge game changer for us.  Seidz must come back.  Ottawa and NYI do not have 4 lines deep like we do.  I think Chara likely will match up against the Malkin line.  I think Seidz foot speed is better for Crosby.  I likely try to match Bergie against Crosby.  KHL+Chara against Malkin. 

I like our goaltending and defense better.   LA Kings had 50+ hits last game.  That's insane.  I think our team must use the same approach.   Our PK is the best in the league vs an amazing PP. 

I said this when Iggy went to Pitt.  I believe Boston has the exact type of team to beat them.  The fact the NYI took them to game 6 OT tells me they can be beat. 

I think the LA KIngs are the team to beat at the moment. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to BSXIII's comment:

I agree, but Chara is a huge game changer for us.  Seidz must come back.  Ottawa and NYI do not have 4 lines deep like we do.  I think Chara likely will match up against the Malkin line.  I think Seidz foot speed is better for Crosby.  I likely try to match Bergie against Crosby.  KHL+Chara against Malkin. 

I like our goaltending and defense better.   LA Kings had 50+ hits last game.  That's insane.  I think our team must use the same approach.   Our PK is the best in the league vs an amazing PP. 

I said this when Iggy went to Pitt.  I believe Boston has the exact type of team to beat them.  The fact the NYI took them to game 6 OT tells me they can be beat. 

No kidding Shupe, these guys play a hard hitting,heavy forechecking, agressive game and have the offensive talent to match.Fast breakouts by the d-men,Doughty & Voynov especially and their version of Boychuk is Andy Greene. Richard and Brown are beasts and will give the winner of Det/Chi a beatdown.Quick...well... is quick. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Perception is a funny thing.  My buddy in LA thinks the B's and Pens are the locks for the parade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If the B's advance, shupe is right they are going to have to bring a more physical element to their game in order to neutralize Pitt's skill advantage.  Fine line there though because if they spend too much time in the box they will be in trouble.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Looking like the Hawks will live to play another day. 

I'm hoping the western conf games go to 7, more rest for the B 's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

Looking like the Hawks will live to play another day. 

I'm hoping the western conf games go to 7, more rest for the B 's.

Not sure if I like the rest. Sometimes I think you lose momentum as a result of not playing for a period of time. Hopefully the B's stay fairly healthy thru this next series. It's gonna be a war.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

2-1 Detroit in the 2nd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bad call on Coliacavo.  Gift to the Hawks. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't believe the Red Wings gave up a third period lead in a close out game.

I thought that sort of epic COLAPSE was central to the Bruins only.

What a choke.  They blew it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Blown call on Datsyuk.  That was holding the stick. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I can't believe the Red Wings gave up a third period lead in a close out game.

I thought that sort of epic COLAPSE was central to the Bruins only.

What a choke.  They blew it. 

Pretty hard to believe with the guys and coach they have.  I never count out datsyuk and zett.  Crazy game 7.  Im saying hawks will win 5-2.   

wonder if detroit makes any changes.  They have some good players watching.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

4-3

Sections
Shortcuts