Around The League - Playoff Style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Around The League - Playoff Style

Chicago easily the best national anthem in the league.  Goosebumps.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Getting ready for wings-hawks should be a great one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Hawks break the tie with 1:47 left in regulation. Waved off due to skirmish at the bench area. Coincidental minors called. It's OT-- Game 7. Wild game. Total shame that either one of these teams has to absorb a loss. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Hawks break the tie with 1:47 left in regulation. Waved off due to skirmish at the bench area. Coincidental minors called. It's OT-- Game 7. Wild game. Total shame that either one of these teams has to absorb a loss. 

Yup    Hard hitting back and forth play.  Great series. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Please no over the glass penalties.  Please.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hawks got jobbed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Hawks got jobbed.

Justice served.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love love datsyuk but la vs chicago is gonna be one heck of a series.  Pitt vs our Boys.    Playoff hockey is the best!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hawks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

The worst call I've ever seen in a Game 7 with under 2 minutes to go. Without question. Investigate Walkom now.

There is no other explanation for making that call unless he was looking for a reason to do $o.

Hes the head nhl official. He made a bad call.  Its not the first one in the playoffs.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

The worst call I've ever seen in a Game 7 with under 2 minutes to go. Without question. Investigate Walkom now.

There is no other explanation for making that call unless he was looking for a reason to do $o.

Hes the head nhl official. He made a bad call.  Its not the first one in the playoffs.  

Bad call?  I don't think I've ever seen a call worse with under 2 minutes to go in a Game 7 like that in my life. In my life. Nor have you.

Call it like it is. It was flat out irresponsible and should be questioned. When baseball umps make mindnumbingly stupid calls that no one can explain, they sometimes at least admit they completely blew it.  I'd like to see Walkom do the same in this case v.s. it being swept under the rug.

Sometimes pro leagues also investigate officials when something is so bad. That's how bad that was.

Nor have I.  How do you know what ive seen.   Officials make human mistakes.  They arent robots.  Ive seen dustin penner score a goal in the la sj series that was just as bad.  Again, they make mistakes.  Chicago won.  

Call it like it is?  Sure, it was a bad call.  Happy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about wayne gretzky high sticking dougie gilmour in ot in 93.  Way worse.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about brett hull scoring an ot goal to win the cup that should have never been a goal.  100 percent worse.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

A borderline high sticking call is the same as an offsetting skirmish along the bench with no real penalty call to be made with under 2 minutes to go in a 1-1 score in a Game 7?

Why are all these players Tweeting about that call and why are the commentators speechless then?

"Way worse"?   NEWSFLASH: Don't call ANY iffy penalties in these situations! None! Zero!

Game 6 conf finals in ot.  Wayne gretzky high sticks doug gilmour in ot drawing blood.  No penalty.  La wins game and series in 7.  Yes this was way worse then last night.  No comment on hull either.  These were two off the top of my head along with the penner goal.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quick at it early and staying on his game. Hits and faceoffs are pretty even.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A borderline high sticking call is the same as an offsetting skirmish along the bench with no real penalty call to be made with under 2 minutes to go in a 1-1 score in a Game 7?

Why are all these players Tweeting about that call and why are the commentators speechless then?

"Way worse"?   NEWSFLASH: Don't call ANY iffy penalties in these situations! None! Zero!

The high stick that Shupe is referring to is known as one of the worst non-calls in NHL history. 

See it here.

Not really a "borderline high sticking call".  In fact, it's not a call at all.  This is just another example of you not having a clue what you're talking about.  (Not that we needed any more examples.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Game 6 conf finals in ot.  Wayne gretzky high sticks doug gilmour in ot drawing blood.  No penalty.  La wins game and series in 7.  Yes this was way worse then last night.  No comment on hull either.  These were two off the top of my head along with the penner goal.  

That '93 incident still gets mentioned up here from time to time - especially after Fraser later said he was blocked out and didn't see the play.  He said he did figure something was up because Gretzky had skated over to the boards instead of doing what he usually did; plead his case against not getting penalized. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hossa with a great tip to put the Hawks up 2-1. Chicago has grabbed the momentum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Hossa with a great tip to put the Hawks up 2-1. Chicago has grabbed the momentum.

San, they really deserved it after outshooting the Kings 17-2 in the first only to find themselves behind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Chicago is outshooting LA 31 -14 and leading 2-1 near the end of the second period.  Hawks scored two in quick succession. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I haven't seen much of Toews. Is he a better player than Bergeron? I thought they would give the Selke to Toews this year but I haven't seen that shut down D from him the past few games.  

Can anyone that has a bigger sample size help me out on this one?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

San, they really deserved it after outshooting the Kings 17-2 in the first only to find themselves behind.

Top 6 forwards flipped a switch n turned it up a notch. Kings are being physical but their skilled forwards aren't maintaining pressure. Hawks get it out of their own zone in a jiffy WoW.