Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NBC coverage is good.

JR"s makeup is bad bad bad.

He looks like he got done up at the funeral parlor.

[/QUOTE]

Ain't enough makeup in the world to make that mug camera ready.  Next game, do him up like he's doing kabuki.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Roenick ever tires of doing hockey commentary,he could offer to become next manager of the Undertaker,Undertaker's last manager Paul Bearer passed away.After all JR has the makeup already down pat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to biggskye's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Refs just took a goal away from Tampa for goalie interference... so wrong! Price took himself out.

[/QUOTE]

Sold it well though! Took advantage of a rookie ref on that one!

[/QUOTE]

rookie FRENCH ref. What else is new?

[/QUOTE]

What's the fact that he's french have anything to do with it? Bergeron's french! 

[/QUOTE]

Why the hell the NHL puts in a French ref in Montreal? These guys grow up being habs fans as kids then they have to be impartial? Trust me it does not always happen and i have seen tons of calls go the habs way when there is a French ref. Prejudice has nothing to do with my comments (my wife was French Canadian from Mtl)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You guys gotta hear the no goal call from Espo. It's amazing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I get that the NHL wants its fans to believe and know it has the utmost integrity when it comes to its on ice officials but i have to question why it would even want to put a french born and raised ref in this type of position.There are many other refs who have no affiliation to the province of Quebec who can be called to ref these games.The pressure faced in a playoff game is enormous and i don't think the added pressure faced by a french ref is warranted,whether they think they are influenced or not and whether they view there reffing as impartial, the evidence that a Quebec born ref is influenced by his surroundings is there for all to see,even if the referee in question or the NHL cannot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

From Kerry Fraser:

Quote:
    "Price knows this rule better than most goalies in the NHL and that is why he threw himself into Alex Killorn inside the blue paint. Price has utilized this rule to his advantage on at least three occasions in previous games. I demonstrated a great montage of Price initiated contact inside his goal crease on That's Hockey 2Nite with Steve Kouleas following the Habs-Lightning game. In the footage, Price clearly initiated contact with attacking players inside his crease and in each case the referee immediately disallowed the goal."

TSN comment section is beautiful as usual LoL

@Asmaha - Do you have a link for the Espo call ? Looked everywhere...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@Asmaha - Do you have a link for the Espo call ? Looked everywhere...

[/QUOTE]

I feel bad posting that without a link, but I can't find it. Heard it on radio highlights on the way to work. I'll look around. In other news, the Lightning radio twitter feed was equally awesome:

@BoltsRadio: For a Radko Gudas signed puck, tell us which play Phil Esposito selected as tonight's Big Moment of the Game. Post your answer @BoltsRadio.

@knew803: the refs ****ing us over @BoltsRadio

@BoltsRadio: Congrats @knew803, our winner! The "no goal" as you aptly described it is tonight's Big Moment of the Game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Matt Cooke strikes again!  Leg check on Tyson Barrie. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Blue Jackets takin' it to the Pens!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

shortly after typing, the Pens score 2 quick ones to even the game... Jackets finding a way to lose just like Game 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

and moments later the Pens take the lead... epic collapse

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to the rulebook, calling back the goal was the correct call.  

The chatter here cracks me up.  "Sorry, Michel, you can't ref in Montreal.  You'll totally screw the opponent."  "Sorry, Mickey, you can't ref in Boston.  You'll totally screw the opponent."  "Sorry, Karen.  You can't ref in Vancouver..."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

The play does not meet the criteria for Rule 69.3 (in my opinion.)

The contact did not result in, “impairment of goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal.”

The contact happened well before and Price chose not to get up and, instead, played the puck from the ground.

Let’s just say the goal happened a minute later (or even 10 minutes!) Could Price lay on the ice half the game and claim he was interferred with?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea looks like he just waited for his 18 months to be up so he wouldn't be considered a repeat offender. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

End of the Pitt/Columbus game.  Sweet move by Dubinsky.  Yawning net for whom?

Choke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Man , did the NHL really neuter the Blues and Hawks or what for this game?  Disappointing game to say the least, after what happened last game..,... I was expecting some fireworks....this has been the best series so far and really a drop off from last two games tonight.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

whats it going to take crowls u know? I mean with everything this guy does since that weird hit on Erik Carlson, the more and more I think the cutting of his Achilles was on purpose. 

I don't know much about Barrie but from what there saying on NHL tonight he's a good young up and coming player. So what does the NHL do now? With Cooke's past problems and how unbelievably on purpose the hit was. Cooke should be gone for the post season and maybe some regular season games next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watching Dallas & Ducks.

I think the Bruins PP is much better than Ducks.

Seguin not playing with anywhere near the intensity of his team mates, he had several opportunities to make better plays, but handled the puck like a hot potato.

re: Wild v Avs, someone should take Cookie for a long ride off a short pier with cement overshoes.  Pretty outrageuos

re: Blues Hawks, and speaking of outrageous, someone ought to slap Lapierre around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

End of the Pitt/Columbus game.  Sweet move by Dubinsky.  Yawning net for whom?

Choke.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't see the end of this game,did somebody miss an open net to tie it up? If so,who was it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Cooke keeps getting away with it.

Any of the next Colorado/Wild games gets out of hand I wouldnt be shocked if Roy has something up his sleeve for Cooke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

The chatter here cracks me up.  "Sorry, Michel, you can't ref in Montreal.  You'll totally screw the opponent."  "Sorry, Mickey, you can't ref in Boston.  You'll totally screw the opponent."  "Sorry, Karen.  You can't ref in Vancouver..."

[/QUOTE]

The goal was good imo, nobody was impeding Price from stopping the puck,as already mentioned why didn't the ref blow the play down for interference? If the play stayed in the Montreal end for another minute and then Tampa scored should the ref wave the goal off? Quebec ref officiating a Montreal game and there is a sketchy call,i've seen that movie too many times to be called coincidence,its likely the Mason's who are behind it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cooke keeps getting away with it.

Any of the next Colorado/Wild games gets out of hand I wouldnt be shocked if Roy has something up his sleeve for Cooke.

[/QUOTE]

Well he did play with Claude Lemieux,one of the biggest sinkholes to ever play the game,so he should know what to do with Cooke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

Matt Cooke strikes again!  Leg check on Tyson Barrie. [/QUOTE]

The reformed Matt Cooke!

Laughing in the face of any and all who said that scum deserved a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance etc....etc...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The goal was good imo, nobody was impeding Price from stopping the puck,as already mentioned why didn't the ref blow the play down for interference? If the play stayed in the Montreal end for another minute and then Tampa scored should the ref wave the goal off? Quebec ref officiating a Montreal game and there is a sketchy call,i've seen that movie too many times to be called coincidence,its likely the Mason's who are behind it.

[/QUOTE]

Care to show us some examples of where the lopsidedness between a French or English referee doing Montreal games in the play-offs? I really would like to see where this is a fact, because for someone like myself that has a French Canadian background I find this insulting. Show me where you're actually getting this from with some proof & you know I'll be the 1st one to say I'm wrong. I know there's been lots of situations where things have gone Montreal's way, but I don't think there's that big of a discreptency to warrant this statement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Care to show us some examples of where the lopsidedness between a French or English referee doing Montreal games in the play-offs? I really would like to see where this is a fact, because for someone like myself that has a French Canadian background I find this insulting. Show me where you're actually getting this from with some proof & you know I'll be the 1st one to say I'm wrong. I know there's been lots of situations where things have gone Montreal's way, but I don't think there's that big of a discreptency to warrant this statement.

[/QUOTE]

i'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with the french as a culture Nite,i just find Quebec born refs officiating a Scabs game to be questionable,imo.I'm sure there are many impartial refs that are from Quebec and they do an admirable job but over the years there have been many examples.I'm surprised that you ,having watched as many B's/Scabs games as you have haven't noticed this.Bad officiating isn't just a Quebecer reffing a Scab game though,bad refs come in any nationality.I have nothing against Quebecer's,great people, great culture.I just think when you are born and raised in Quebec and you ref a Scab game it sometimes gets overwhelming,if you know what i mean.Remember this is only my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts