Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

Backes in tonight.  Looking forward to this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2nd period of the Ducks-Stars hockey game last night was the best period of hockey I have seen in a long, long time. Those two teams hate each other!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Go BJs Go!  MAF please come to the rescue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Go BJs Go!  MAF please come to the rescue.

Wasn't meant to be BH. Letang just put the game away with an EN making it 3-1 faux tough guys from Pittsburgh. 48 saves by Bobrovsky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

LA's been playing better the last couple games.  And there's a new kid that does nothing but score big goals for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let's go Avalanche !  

YES ! THEY JUST SCORE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The home side Sharks are down 2-0 to LA at the end of the first. Some big hits in the game especially by Torres who ploughed Gaborik near the center ice boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Make that LA 3, Sharks 0 22 seconds into the second. Niemi's been pulled. Stalock in for SJ.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Think the Sharks' fans have seen this act before, and are fed up with it?

They started booing the team, early in the 2nd period, when they were down 2-0, and the booing just got louder until the end, when they loudly booed them off the ice.

The Sharks have appeared to give up on Niemi leading them to the promised land, and now that herculean task, falls on the shoulders of a 26 yo rookie, who, on the Brightside for them, looked pretty composed.

IF they blow this series, it will be an interesting summer in Shark land.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the Sharks will turn to Stalock in the next game,if the Sharks lose then i think they will be cooked in game 7.Niemi looks very shaky indeed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Anyone think the Sharks can close this series out? I thought they were a lock after looking like a machine the first 3 games,after watching them lose game 3 i thought LA didn't want to lose on home ice but the Sharks will win it at home,now after seeing Niemi pulled twice and Jumbo Joe & the gang stumble around last night,they could be ripe for the picking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Another thing i wondered after the camera's showed Doug Wilson high up in his perch looking down at the proceedings with his familiar stare,did Doug Wilson die and i didn't hear about it,i mean did they take him to a taxidermist and have him stuffed?Its the same pose every time,sitting there with pen in one hand staring blankly at the ice,Sharks score,same,Sharks get scored on,same,Sharks win in OT,same,Sharks lose in OT,same,has anyone seen an interview with him lately?Maybe after one of the Sharks crushing playoff disappointments he had a heart attack and because he is held in such high regard after the Jumbo Joe trade all those years ago they didn't have the heart to bury him,who knows. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think the Sharks will still squeak by just by the fact they were up 3-0, but boy did they ever spit the bit last night. If they pull the full collapse, they'll have no choice but to blow the whole thing up.

I could not believe this was the same team I watched in the first 3 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's Niemi time!

Poor Jumbo and that doopified goofy look on his face.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Sharks will still squeak by just by the fact they were up 3-0, but boy did they ever spit the bit last night. If they pull the full collapse, they'll have no choice but to blow the whole thing up.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly what i saw,first 3 games it was like watching the Central Red army team,with a crisp passing,high scoring,tight D,a well oiled machine,now they look lost and Niemi had the deer in the headlights look.Like you say,being up 3-0 they should eventually close it out but the Kings have Carter & Richards and they unfortunately know how to get it done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This is the Brad Richards I remember. He is all over the Flyers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Late goal by the Flyers,trying to make it a game,might be too late,Lundqvist gave Klein the hairy eyeball after the goal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think it's Neimi that's the problem. I think Quick is the one who's changed his game since game 3 & is regaining his form. He's not scrambling in his lateral movements like he was. And is back in control with his movements. He was being far too aggressive in games 1 & 2 & as long as he stays the way he is now. The Kings have actually have a hope. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man Giroux can rip one timers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Even though they got a tough draw with the Hawks,i didn't think the Blues would do much,no scoring,only Tarasenko with 4 gls could do anything.They don't have many excuses to fall back on as they acquired the goalie everyone said they neede and added some more grit with Ott but they need something else,great regular season team but nada in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even though they got a tough draw with the Hawks,i didn't think the Blues would do much,no scoring,only Tarasenko with 4 gls could do anything.They don't have many excuses to fall back on as they acquired the goalie everyone said they neede and added some more grit with Ott but they need something else,great regular season team but nada in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Are they the new Sharks? Great regular season, but just can never put it all together when it matters most.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Dallas sure collapsed with a 2 goal lead and only a few minutes left...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Ducks -- Another 2 goal comeback -- ties it up with goalie pulled then Bonino scores winner early in OT. What is with this opening playoff round? 

Seguin adds 1 assist to his robust playoff stats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The theme these playoffs sure is "comebacks " .  Great hockey ! 

Avs last night also with another comeback and OT win. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lehtonen never tracks the puck well when it's lose in the crease or an opposing player has the puck behind the net. Loved watching Lindy Ruff try to hide the fact that he had his team sit back and not stay aggressive.