Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I see "Jesus" Price is out for the rest of the Rags series,we'll see how the Scabs do with "Buddy" Budaj.

Good luck with that. Too bad, now we can hear the Habs faithful cry that the "cup was theirs" but injuries stopped them. I was hoping Jesus Price would be in net for the thumping. Then there would be no excuses.

He didn't have the time to play the hero. If the rangers can pull this out tonight go up 2-0 they will be in the drives seat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Gallager is worse offender in the league.  If a goalie gets hit my lint off a jersey tonight they will call it 

That's right and I think he had the most goalie interference penalties in the league, and ran into Rask a few times. In truth, most players will try and take a chunk out of the goalie when checked from behind into him by a dman. That's just hockey....

Yes i expect 10 PP for Montreal. I wonder if Wise is going to flex tonight. He looked like he was starting to become an expert at it. See this is an early xmas gift for me.. I know i am a bad man to get excited over another fans base depression.. Sometimes that is the way i roll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

He didn't have the time to play the hero. If the rangers can pull this out tonight go up 2-0 they will be in the drives seat.

Personally I think the Habs were finished the moment they finished shaking hands (in theory) with the B's. They were MTL's Stanley Cup...with or without Price. More than a few media braintrusts made the same comment.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crawford has looked great in the playoffs, Shup.

Wow maybe even Tokarski gets to play. 

"Oh boy is this going to be great!" ~ Doorfman

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The thing about Scab fans is they will use this as an excuse for why they didn't win the Cup,but they saw no problem with Tampa Bay having to use their backup and not their Vezina Trophy finalist,it was just Lightning fans having sour grapes,now that the tables are turned they're taking a page out of Prust's manual.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Crawford has looked great in the playoffs, Shup.

Wow maybe even Tokarski gets to play. 

"Oh boy is this going to be great!" ~ Doorfman

I keep downing Crawford and all he does is win well is team to.. I just want to see either the hawks or kings win it. The blackhawks are so deep and good i think they will repeat..Just anything but the habs. I am getting worried about my loathe for Montreal but oh well. I think the rangers will win tonight as well. This is the time to go for the canadiens throat.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Gallager is worse offender in the league.  If a goalie gets hit my lint off a jersey tonight they will call it 

That's right and I think he had the most goalie interference penalties in the league, and ran into Rask a few times. In truth, most players will try and take a chunk out of the goalie when checked from behind into him by a dman. That's just hockey....

Yes i expect 10 PP for Montreal. I wonder if Wise is going to flex tonight. He looked like he was starting to become an expert at it. See this is an early xmas gift for me.. I know i am a bad man to get excited over another fans base depression.. Sometimes that is the way i roll.

Weise not Wise.. You guys no i get lazy at times with spelling. lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Never like seeing a team lose a big part of their team.  Price has had a great year.  Hopefully hes ready to roll next year.  Lets see what kinda heart the habs have now.  I remember the oilers pushing the canes to game 7 of the cup final with 2 backup goalies.  

Funny how things work, Gallagher one of the league leaders in goalie interference calls and now Price gets injured on a goal mouth collision,karma at its finest.You're right Shupe,we'll see what kind of heart the whiners have.

Funny how things work, Gallagher one of the league leaders in goalie interference calls and now Price gets injured on a goal mouth collision,karma at its finest.You're right Shupe,we'll see what kind of heart the whiners have.

Leave book and fletch outta this. 

Leave book and fletch outta this. 

Lol,good one!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good to see you here shupe -- I was gonna have the boys at station do a wellness check at your house.

Hope your not going to be offended by that one...

Sorry about Price.  I mean, when Emelin dives to take a swinging hack at Kreider's ankle while he's on a breakaway, I'm not sure what he thinks is going to happen, but still, that stinks.  I'm not sorry for the Habs.  I am sorry for Price.  Unfair to him no matter who's fault.

Chin up though shupe.  You still got PK.  

Howl on, Lone Wolf!

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Good to see you here shupe -- I was gonna have the boys at station do a wellness check at your house.

Sorry about Price.  I mean, when Emelin dives to take a swinging hack at Kreider's ankle while he's on a breakaway, I'm not sure what he thinks is going to happen, but still, that stinks.  I'm not sorry for the Habs.  I am sorry for Price.  Unfair to him no matter who's fault.

Howl on, Lone Wolf!

And that so-so guy called Crawford.  

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Howl on, Lone Wolf!

And that so-so guy called Crawford.  

Haven't found the thread with my alleged comment about him yet...?  

I'll be accepting an apology whenever you're ready ;)

Crawford, and the Hawks, seem to be in dominating form.  I think the teams most likely to challenge them have already lost.  Would be kind of boring to see them win again though.  And there are tons of Chicago transplants in Denver (who have been huge fans for almost 5 years now...)

Stay strong and howl on.

Nite was one of the main ones along with book but i am positive you said that he was just an avg goalie having a so so year.  I dont wanna dig into.  If you have always thought he was an elite goalie like i have i will leave it at that.  I believe i was laughed off the boards when i said i would take him over rask.  Not so much laughing now.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Adios Ryan Miller.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=719904&navid=nhl:topheads

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Miller wasn't that good for the Blues,not surprising and considering the money he'll want the blues likely decided to spend their money elsewhere. Look for Miller to try and catch on with the Sharks or Ducks,more likely the Sharks.

Nite was one of the main ones along with book but i am positive you said that he was just an avg goalie having a so so year.  I dont wanna dig into.  If you have always thought he was an elite goalie like i have i will leave it at that.  I believe i was laughed off the boards when i said i would take him over rask.  Not so much laughing now.  

I'm sure I said something about him to counter your flirtatious infatuations.  His regular season was about what I expected.  His playoffs have been much better so far.  In countering some of your savior talk last year, I pointed out with many others that he is playing for the best team in the league, which helps.  That doesn't necessarily take away from a very strong performance from him, but it is still true this year.  Nothing has been proven wrong there.

If it would make you feel better, I will say that I think he's better this year than last and has proven more consistency.  I watched Game 6 against the Wild and thought he was great. 

What I don't remember saying, and what you accused me of, was that he would be traded/let go by Chicago.  

But I guess the above is the closest thing I'll get to a retraction/apology for misquoting me. 

You're also approaching marco/Stanley levels of self-congratulations you know (which is why I brought up a lucrative Regehr signing in Buffalo).

And Carey Price isn't even durable enough to make it through the playoffs.  You said he was "the best".

Okay, that was a joke.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Interesting but not unexpected. Blues learn a valuable lesson in trying to "stack up" for the playoffs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

From a hockey fan perspective, it's disappointing that Price is out.  He's was on a legend's roll.  From a B's fans perspective, LOL SUCK IT HABS FANS.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I just shed a tear that Price is out, not a microbe of sorrow in that tear. That was a penalty on Emelin, same as on Markov vs Marchand in game 7..... Karma's a beach. I could like Price if he played for someone else.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So, Tokraski > Budaj....not surprising I  guess considering he let in 3 goals on 6 shots in relief last game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

So, Tokraski > Budaj....not surprising I  guess considering he let in 3 goals on 6 shots in relief last game.

Tokarski hasn't played in a month. Wonder what's going through Budaj's mind?

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Interesting but not unexpected. Blues learn a valuable lesson in trying to "stack up" for the playoffs.

It was a gamble, jm but they must have known that. They lost.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Any Shab fan not watching CBC, but watching NBC, just got to see Ryan McDonagh highlights and a review of the Gomez trade. Oh how awesome that was to watch.

Thank you NBC!

• Sections
    Shortcuts