Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

In response to BsLegion's comment:

slew foot after slew foot, late hits, diving , cross checks un-called it's very frustrating to watch.

It was kind of funny in a pathetic way watching the Habs on the TSN highlights. Diving all over the place the second they are touched, the slew foot (probably more in the game but one was shown, and (of course) the Prust hit. Rag fans finally catching on of the "way they play" and the complaints are getting louder.

Kind of glad I did not get the opportunity to watch the game. Too bad because I love hockey but I probably would have been pulling my hair out for 2 straight hours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do 4 officials miss the hit by Prust...

Also, terrible dive by Brassard trying to sell the slew foot.

[/QUOTE]

How about Stepan doing the Ben Bishop?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

How about Stepan doing the Ben Bishop?

[/QUOTE]

Ya ya ........we know get up and skate quickly to the bench.

btw how's the boo-boo thumb doing ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

NHL Referees are all-in on the Canadiens. What's up with that???

The reason Montreal is having so much success this postseason is that the referees give them a pass to slew-foot, headhunt, and use their sticks like hatchets without fear of a call by the refs. Wow, if the Bruins didn't have to worry about that they'd be still in the hunt. But if a "regular" player (i.e. non-Canadien) so much as sprays a little snow, like Marchand did, he gets whistled for some creative infraction, ESPECIALLY if it's against Montreal. I've railed about NHL offcials many times, but this year they are over the top biased for Montreal and it stinks. Everybody in the league is noticing it now yet the refs are still doing it. Anyone beating Montreal has to beat 2 entities, the Canadiens and the Referees. That's a tall order. GO RANGERS!

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hope Prust gets suspended for that late, dirty high hit. Would love to see all the Shab fans go bezerk. 

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope Prust gets suspended for that late, dirty high hit. Would love to see all the Shab fans go bezerk. 

[/QUOTE]

He probably won't but Carcillo will...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Montreal Canadiens left wing Brandon Prust will have a phone hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Friday afternoon for his hit on New York Rangers center Derek Stepan during the first period at Madison Square Garden on Thursday night.

No penalty was called on the play at 2:48 of the first period. Stepan briefly left the game before returning later in the first period. Montreal won Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Final, 3-2, in overtime.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: Interference. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review."

We shall see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I guess Stepan suffered a broken jaw,should factor in the decision.Its not like Prust is some game breaker,hope he gets 8 games,amazing that Stepan finished the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Derek Stepan of the Rangers is attended to by the trainer after suffering a vicious hit at the hands of ex-teammate Brandon Prust early in the first period. Rangers forward Derek Stepan broke his jaw Thursday night as a result of a vicious hit by former teammate Brandon Prust."

"Step, right now at this time is probably getting operated on. He broke his jaw yesterday," Alain Vigneault said Friday afternoon. "We’ll have an idea of the time-frame tomorrow. That’s stuff that happens in a game that you have to deal with and that’s what we’re trying to do." Prust lowered his shoulder and decked Stepan less than three minutes into the game, sending him airborne at the Rangers blue line."

What a faker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's kinda funny that Ranger fans are coming unglued about the stuff we have been accustomed to seeing from Montreal.

The Prust hit was plain ugly, but at least it was an isolated incident.  What bothers me more with the Habs is the pattern of slew foots and the like.  Watch Gallagher drive to the net sometime.  I watched him carefully after seeing this a few times in game 2 (3rd period, 19:20 if you have the game tape).  He comes in with his stick down, like a he should for a rebound.  But when he gets to the defensemen in front, be bears down on the stick and slips the blade inside the foot of the defender, Girardi in this case.  The stick whips out Girardi's leg from behind, sending him crashing to the ice while Gallagher pulls into position and looks for the rebound/deflection.  No call because the refs are watching the puck, I guess.  Maybe Marchand got away with a lot of this stuff earlier in his career too.

It's crafty, and you almost applaud their ability to find techniques to gain the advantage.  The fault is the refs really, not so much the Habs.  But man, is it irritating to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

according to TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452950

Stepen Has a broken jaw and will require surgery. Took out Brassard, now Stepan....very clever of the Habs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But man, is it irritating to watch.

[/QUOTE]

That sir, is how i find the Scabs in general. Their fans are irritating to listen to,the holy grail of hockey franchises who never do any wrong,whats right about hockey in their mind is embodied in that franchise and then along comes "Pussbag" Prust who has followed in a long line os Scab miscreants,a sinkhole on skates if their ever was one,its good to know he won't sink as low as the Bruins are,he's a true hockey purist in all its glory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

according to TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452950" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452950

Stepen Has a broken jaw and will require surgery. Took out Brassard, now Stepan....very clever of the Habs

[/QUOTE]

"Pussbag" Prust wasn't happy about the Price/Kreider incident and has taken retaliation to a whole new level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Pussbag" Prust wasn't happy about the Price/Kreider incident and has taken retaliation to a whole new level.

[/QUOTE]

Funny, the B's pound their chest when they score and squirt water...and the Habs and media calls them classless. I guess the B's need to review their "classlessness" and up their game to giving out late hits to separate shoulders and break jaws and perfect the art of slewfooting. Apparently that's ok....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

All the more reason to not fear the penalty and go back to western justice. The "new" NHL (aka NBA) wants officials to take care of this but it's not working. The officiating has been TERRIBLE this season and teams need to police themselves to make sure this crap stops.

Remember Gretzky didn't put up with that crap - not because he was fast or tough, because Sememko and McSorley made sure he was OK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@TSNBobMcKenlze

"NHL announces 1 game suspension for Brandon Prust. #Habs #NHL"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The love in with the Habs is absolutely sickening. I may have hated the Habs in the 60s and 70s but I respected their talent and their class as well. Can't say that about the jokers who flop around the Bell Center now though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

@TSNBobMcKenlze

"NHL announces 1 game suspension for Brandon Prust. #Habs #NHL"

[/QUOTE]

Better than nothing,i thought JM said it was going to be a $2500.00 fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] @TSNBobMcKenlze

"NHL announces 1 game suspension for Brandon Prust. #Habs #NHL" [/QUOTE]

Better than nothing,i thought JM said it was going to be a $2500.00 fine. [/QUOTE]

NEW YORK - "Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust has been suspended two games for interference with New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan during Game 3 of the teams' Eastern Conference Final series in New York on Thursday, May 22, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today."

Whoa Bob is never wrong.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carter's lightening quick release. 2-2 in the 2nd, don't think the scoring in this one is going to slow down. Toews is in beast node tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Carter's lightening quick release. 2-2 in the 2nd, don't think the scoring in this one is going to slow down. Toews is in beast node tonight.

[/QUOTE]

You get an ipad as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Kings playing like the Bruins did in the regular season.then not sure who that was that showed up for Montreal series,definetly wasn't the Bruins I knew.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Kings playing like the Bruins did in the regular season.then not sure who that was that showed up for Montreal series,definetly wasn't the Bruins I knew.

Injuries played a roll no doubt. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brassard with the rip past Tokarski.