Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Around the league tracker - playoff version 2014

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Dreger said that McGuire’s knowledge could make him a big asset. “I have great respect for Pierre’s hockey knowledge,” Dreger said. “He’s got the credentials as a coach, and nobody- and I say this with great respect for Pierre- works harder than he does at staying in-tune with what every team is doing from a roster perspective. You can ask this guy about just about any player in the system of any organization. He’ll know who that player is, and he’ll have an opinion on strengths and weaknesses.”

Yes send him back to Pittsburgh and get him off NBC!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

Its just Dreger trying to get McGuire off of his NBC gig and back into management so Dreger can get his job,TSN is losing 90% of its NHL hockey broadcast rights after this year,so Dreger needs a job. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would love to see Dreger and Gord Miller on NBC full time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How do 4 officials miss the hit by Prust...

Also, terrible dive by Brassard trying to sell the slew foot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

By the looks of how Game 3 started it almost appears Therrien, knowing his club has a long uphill battle has ordered his players to do anything to get the Rangers off their game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rags fans finally understanding first hand what I'm talking about when I describe what it's like having to constantly play against the Habs. Funny how Prust used to be "the man" when he was a Ranger -- well at least until Lucic flipped him around like a rag doll. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rags fans finally understanding first hand what I'm talking about when I describe what it's like having to constantly play against the Habs. Funny how Prust used to be "the man" when he was a Ranger -- well at least until Lucic flipped him around like a rag doll. 

[/QUOTE]

I can't watch Prust play without thinking of that. Lucic gave him a pretty bad beating in that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a save by Josh Gorges on what ended up being a goal there. Vanek loafing back, if I were Minnesota, I'd be real careful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Loving Canadien fans crying that there wasn't a slashing call on Gallagher.

The crybaby gets called.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kreider!! Said  he'd havr a good series so far so good

[/QUOTE]

Emelin! Right on,new he could help the Rags. Emelin from Kreider.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

Well price injury is working out. .... mtl back in it [/QUOTE]

Tokarski played a great game but of course you won't recognize that because you don't squat about hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well price injury is working out. .... mtl back in it

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that kid played great

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Hate rooting for the Habs but work will be a lot more palatable tomorrow with the Rangers fans brought down to earth. Just want to continue to see more hatred and nasty stuff. I want the team coming out of this series -- beat up and primed to go down quickly in the finals. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I hope Rask was watching and taking notes on that Habs game 3.  That is what a goalie rising to the situation and picking up the slack of a poor performance by the rest of the team looks like.  Habs had no business winning that game if it wasn't for Tokarski.  Has Rask ever won a game where Boston were outplayed badly?  I can't recall a single time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope Rask was watching and taking notes on that Habs game 3.  That is what a goalie rising to the situation and picking up the slack of a poor performance by the rest of the team looks like.  Habs had no business winning that game if it wasn't for Tokarski.  Has Rask ever won a game where Boston were outplayed badly?  I can't recall a single time.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Plenty of times.  Suggesting otherwise shows...(you know)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not trying to be a dewsh, just wondering what playoff game he did?  I honestly don't remember Tuukka stealing any games in the playoffs.  Then again, my memory's not that good sometimes.  Too many bathroom breaks in highschool. :P

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Didn't see the game. Can anyone describe the Prust hit on Stepan? Was it late or clean?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't see the game. Can anyone describe the Prust hit on Stepan? Was it late or clean?

[/QUOTE]

He blindsided Stepan with a high hit close to the head. A definite interference call missed there. The league will definetly be looking into it but I think he will avoid a suspension. Just a little bit higher and he would have been sitting a few games. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I'm not trying to be a dewsh, just wondering what playoff game he did?  I honestly don't remember Tuukka stealing any games in the playoffs.  Then again, my memory's not that good sometimes.  Too many bathroom breaks in highschool. :P

[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly what "stealing a game" means, but Rask did have an overtime shutout in a 1-0 Game 4 victory over the Habs.

That seems like it's at least borrowing a game without permission...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He blindsided Stepan with a high hit close to the head. A definite interference call missed there. The league will definetly be looking into it but I think he will avoid a suspension. Just a little bit higher and he would have been sitting a few games. 

[/QUOTE]

Just saw it on the "highlights." Was close to being a cooke-savard type hit. Man, I just find myself despising Prust more and more. It also showed yet another Hab slewfoot.....jeesh. So much for taking the moral highground. Say what you want about the B's "antics" but at least they don't do this crap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Prust has become a d0uche.   That was a hit with intent but he will get no suspension,  initial contact was not to the head. Still dirty to hit someone with no puck. 

Therrien's message is clear, play borderline dirty and get the Rangers off their game. Seems to be the Habs amo. Maybe I'm blinded by my hate for the Habs but slew foot after slew foot, late hits, diving , cross checks un-called it's very frustrating to watch.