Around the League: Troisieme Partie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Around the League: Troisieme Partie

What a freakin game between the Capitals and Lightning!

PS. Legion "Part Three" translation to French close enough ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Around the League: Partie Trois

I would have said " Troisieme Partie"

This is why I came back to the board.  What a freakin game !!!  I can't believe how Vokoun shut the door on OT.
    Caps could be a scary team if Vokoun plays the way he did towards the end.
    That's a team a that did pretty good on the depth charts with free agents (Ward, Brouwer, Vokounm, Hamerlik...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie

Vocoun needed to do something he was awful on 3 of the goals he let in!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Around the League: Partie Trois

In Response to Re: Around the League: Partie Trois:
    [QUOTE]I would have said " Troisieme Partie" This is why I came back to the board.  What a freakin game !!!  I can't believe how Vokoun shut the door on OT. Caps could be a scary team if Vokoun plays the way he did towards the end. That's a team a that did pretty good on the depth charts with free agents (Ward, Brouwer, Vokounm, Hamerlik...)
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That was a great game.  But once again their PP could have been the difference.  How does a 5 on 3 with those players not get it done.  HOW? 

Washington could be very scarey and seem to have a nice shutdown line of Laich/Ward/JC.  And Carlson/Alzner and a nice young shut down tandom.  Of Colorado finishes last GMGM is a brilliant man. 

Gotta love hockey being back. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Awesome game, watched him for numerous years now and two games in 3 nights and Marty St.Louis just amazes me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie:
    [QUOTE]Awesome game, watched him for numerous years now and two games in 3 nights and Marty St.Louis just amazes me.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Even though Tampa didn't score on PP, I fon't know what St Louis could have done more.  Brilliant as QB of that PP. 
    Everyone knows the puck was going to Stamkos for the onetimer and he still got it to him. Only problem there so did Vokoun know the puck was going there.
    Shupe,  I said the same thing at Saturdays game with Bruins winning 4-1 in a back and forth game.  Last night was more of the same between Caps-Bolts . Only the 2 netminders were not as good (except for the OT )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What's up with having Nate Thompson and Domenic Moore in the shootout?  Nice move leaving Stamkos, St. Loius and my cousin Vinny on the bench!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What's up with having Nate Thompson and Domenic Moore in the shootout?  Nice move leaving Stamkos, St. Loius and my cousin Vinny on the bench!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Although Thompson did try a nifty move.  Look at Ovy, as dynamic as he is , in the shootout he's under 30%.
    Last season in a SO Boucher did that a lot putting out players nobody expected and got criticized. 

Tonites games are not as exciting. Pens leading the Panthers 3-1 , boring game for my taste an Wild leading the Sens 2-1, barn burner.
    In the Sens game though Chris Neal got Stoner with a beaut of a hit.  It'll be on youtube soon for sure.
    Must see . 

p.s. Red, I know what you will say : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Tuned into Phoenix at Dallas the other night. Empty house. Granted there was an MLB playoff but was a bit disapointing.

Now Avs at Blue Jackets. Empty house again. Does anyone bother going to these games?

Could be a few more teams going north of the border at this rate.

Hunwick is a healthy scratch by the way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Tuned into Phoenix at Dallas the other night. Empty house. Granted there was an MLB playoff but was a bit disapointing. Now Avs at Blue Jackets. Empty house again. Does anyone bother going to these games? Could be a few more teams going north of the border at this rate. Hunwick is a healthy scratch by the way.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

and again tonight the place is empty.

Vokoun comes out big toinght in the win as 40 shots were directed on him. Caps 3-2 with our old friend Wideman scoring the OT winner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Bit of controversy with the Beagle/ Asham fight. Looks like Beagle was hitting him before he even had his gloves off. Asham shook off the right glove and BAM! Beagle must be feeling pretty stoopid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : our old friend Wideman scoring the OT winner. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Your ol friend...they catch him on camera removing a bat from the cave ? Lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]Bit of controversy with the Beagle/ Asham fight. Looks like Beagle was hitting him before he even had his gloves off. Asham shook off the right glove and BAM! Beagle must be feeling pretty stoopid.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

I've always defended fighting in hockey as part of the game, a way to grab momentum, self-police, etc....but fights like that make me wonder. Add to that the lack of dancing partners for Thornton (and the ability of others to step up if needed), and it seems like it's a fading part of the game. Asham's reaction in particular doesn't sit well with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : I've always defended fighting in hockey as part of the game, a way to grab momentum, self-police, etc....but fights like that make me wonder. Add to that the lack of dancing partners for Thornton (and the ability of others to step up if needed), and it seems like it's a fading part of the game. Asham's reaction in particular doesn't sit well with me.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoBXfD2oHRg&feature=related

This is the best look I've seen of it. Looks like Asham did have his gloves off after all. His arm was tied up though and he managed to shake it loose. Beagle had taken swipe at Letang was also fighting with a vizor so not exactly very good adherance to 'The Code'. Although Asham can be a bit of a Delta Bravo at least he pulled up when the guy started to drop. Course Asham's reaction was a bit disrespectful but maybe a case of getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good game. IMO those 2 look to be the class of the East (blasphemy, I know). Vokoun saved the Cap's bacon...but I have to think if Fleury plays the Flightless Birds win that one.
    Still think Boudreau will get them to underperform in the playoffs though.
    The thought of the Pens at full throttle with Sid is pretty imposing I must say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mike Richards returns to Philly tonight and Buffalo in Pittsburgh with some other good games tonight...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Leafs down 2-0 early to Calgary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Damn gotta give $ bill Phil credit on that goal from his knees 2-2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Damn gotta give $ bill Phil credit on that goal from his knees 2-2.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Beautiful snipe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Kessel again. 3-2 Leafs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Another rather quiet crowd down at the ACC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins does not look out of place whatsoever and has as many goals n points as Taylor Hall. Ryan's second goal against the Cankuckleheads was a beauty eh ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ryan Nugent-Hopkins does not look out of place whatsoever and has as many goals n points as Taylor Hall. Ryan's second goal against the Cankuckleheads was a beauty eh ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, it looks like the future is now for the Oilers. This young squad is giving the Nucks all they can handle. RNH reminds me a little bit of a young Gretzky. Similar size and style of play. He makes the most of his 175 pounds. He's very shifty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Dawg, dez - The Oilers are reaping the benefits of finishing so low in the standings for years with the likes of Eberle, Hall and now Nugent-Hopkins. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dawg, dez - The Oilers are reaping the benefits of finishing so low in the standings for years with the likes of Eberle, Hall and now Nugent-Hopkins. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Pens and Hawks both had success building a winner with that formula. I'm glad PC employed a different strategy. Oilers look good though. I can't imagine the team I'm watching tonight finishing last again.

Sections
Shortcuts