Around the League: Troisieme Partie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie

Spezza ROBBED!!! with less than 2 min left

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Philly and Sens about to enter the SO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Ottawa take it 4-3 in the SO.  Sens have 90 pts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Damn, Sens get the win - oh well. Boston clinches the division and second with one win in their last four. Beat the Rangers tomorrow and it's done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie:
    [QUOTE]Damn, Sens get the win - oh well. Boston clinches the division and second with one win in their last four. Beat the Rangers tomorrow and it's done.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Some tough games to end the regular season but if the Bruins perform as we know they can they'll get it done.  A big boost would be a win at MSG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Now I'll turn my attention to the Leafs, Jets, and Habs for the rest of the day. Need wins by all three to keep the Jets' slim hopes alive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't know about the Leafs vs a desperate Buffalo team.  This morning FAN 590 radio personality David Grossman said the ACC should honour Earth Hour by turning the lights off just before the opening face off and turn them back on at the end of the game.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, I can't really hold out hope for the Jets' when they're counting on help from the Leafs. Might as well get the golf clubs ready now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I can't really hold out hope for the Jets' when they're counting on help from the Leafs. Might as well get the golf clubs ready now.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Can they go into TB and take it?  If I had to choose between the visiting team in Habs @ Washington or the Jets I'd choose Winnipeg.  The Caps and Jets are still in the hunt although it's a longshot for the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Don't know about the Leafs vs a desperate Buffalo team.  This morning FAN 590 radio personality David Grossman said the ACC should honour Earth Hour by turning the lights off just before the opening face off and turn them back on at the end of the game.   
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

And earlier in the week on the fan they suggested the Leafs had honoured Earth hour weeks ago when they turned off the lights.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : And earlier in the week on the fan they suggested the Leafs had honoured Earth hour weeks ago when they turned off the lights.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Chowda - They've been taking a hammering in Toronto sports media since being eliminated haven't they?  The glare's on Burke.  Also heard they're the only team post-lockout to not make the playoffs.  In watching NYI today I was thinking I couldn't remember the last time they were in as it seems they've been a bad team for years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : Chowda - They've been taking a hammering in Toronto sports media since being eliminated haven't they?  The glare's on Burke.  Also heard they're the only team post-lockout to not make the playoffs.  In watching NYI today I was thinking I couldn't remember the last time they were in as it seems they've been a bad team for years.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

They got popped out in 5 by the Sabres a few years ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : They got popped out in 5 by the Sabres a few years ago.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, red.  Just seems so long they've been on the downside.  Still a dubious distinction by the Leafs to not have qualified. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just heard rookie Ben Scrivens starts tonight for Toronto vs the Sabres.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I can't really hold out hope for the Jets' when they're counting on help from the Leafs. Might as well get the golf clubs ready now.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Habs are the team you can't count on.
    Buffalo I think are running out of gas,  more injuries for their backend.
    Leafs leading 3-1 at the end of the 2nd.

Playoff like game between Nashville and Chicago

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Preview of a great first round today Pens-Flyers. Barbara Striesand's ugly off spring should have his act going today and probably with a game tying or winner too boot hate him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsVT8J5O3t4&feature=player_embedded

Edit: Forgot to throw up Pekka Rinne's robbery the other night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Good game between the visiting Flyers and Pens.  Lots of back and forth.  Mid-way through the third Philly leads 4-2.  Pittsburgh loose behind their own blue line.  Simmons left alone at corner of Fleury's crease before scoring the third Flyer goal an example of this.  Would be a hell of a series if these teams hook up come the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Great game...would be a great series.....i guess there's no such thing as a slashing penalty if u r a penguin..especially number 87

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Make that 5-2 Flyers in the third.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Big time nastiness between Pens and Flyers on the ice and between benches and the coaches.  Funniest sight was Maguire in his ice level box between the benches looking straight ahead.  Final. 6-4 Philly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Schenn with the cheapshot to start it all.

Was lookin forward to asham tuning up rinaldo, who was doing the "aw let me at em" act while grabbing the linesman. Idiot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie:[QUOTE]Great game...would be a great series.....i guess there's no such thing as a slashing penalty if u r a penguin..especially number 87 Posted by rochesternybruinfan[/QUOTE]

Seriously Sid breaks Giroux's stick  right in front of the refs and nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stamkos with his 57th and 58th goal tonight!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]                Stamkos with his 57th and 58th goal tonight!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, he managed to score Buffalo's biggest goal of the year with 1:03 left against the Caps.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Around the League: Troisieme Partie : San, he managed to score Buffalo's biggest goal of the year with 1:03 left against the Caps. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Great interview with McGuire after the game Dez. Steven is a class act for sure!