Article: Jagr brings more than offence to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Article: Jagr brings more than offence to Bruins

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/02/jaromir-jagr-will-mean-more-to-bruins-than-just-points

Positive influence is something they can use. In Chia I trust, good move!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Article: Jagr brings more than offence to Bruins

Good read. I was actually thinking that Jagr's fit also has a lot to do with his carefree attitude. He has the work ethic, but also seems to be a guy that simply enjoys playing. If the Bs problem is "playing tight" and "gripping their sticks too hard" and all those other things being mentioned out of the locker room, perhaps Jagr can get those guys to settle down, relax and just play their game. Have some fun.

Last night may have been too far in the other direction, but I'm glad it happened and comments that Jagr already had an influence were spot-on. If the Bruins loosen up, we might get more games like playoffs @home vs the Canucks and less games like the past few weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I thought I noticed a bit less tension last night too. I sure hope Jagr can influence the room and the ice to equal degrees. We need a bit of both right now.
    I am now going back to saying prayers for Bergeron becasue he's the most important variable right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Maybe Lucic's idol will inspire him to get off the couch and quit eating pizza and ice cream every night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Something to think about: If he was so great for the Flyers, why did he leave or why did Philly let him leave?

I hope he does well here, for everyone's sake.

These are questions that PC must have gotten the answer to before, I guess, or he wouldn't be here.

A 1st Round draft choice for a 41-year-old hockey player. Milt Schmidt must be worth a first overall pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

25 ish picks don't have a history of meaning that much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

We've done it twice now.

2011 for Kaberle and 2013 for Jagr (both Czechs, strange)

Sooner or late, it will backfire - law of averages.

Tyler Biggs, remember that name, that is who we gave up for Kaberle.

Last time we gave up a 1st Round Choice to the Leafs ('72 or '73) for Jacques Plante (who was 40-something). The pick turned out to be Ian Turnbull, not a bad defenseman at all.

For Jagr, we shall see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

We've done it twice now.

Last time we gave up a 1st Round Choice to the Leafs ('72 or '73) for Jacques Plante (who was 40-something). The pick turned out to be Ian Turnbull, not a bad defenseman at all.

For Jagr, we shall see.

The Tyler Biggs scenario is interesting, and it's really convenient to say that's who the B's gave up.....but  not necessarily true.  Had the B's kept that #22 pick, it's more than chance....it's highly likely that the B's would have chosen a different player.  Depending on their cycle, teams have much different needs and strategies.  That begins to get noticeable after the 3rd or 4th pick overall.

Obviously, teams that are not bonafide contenders need to hang their hat on, and build for that future.  An extra couple playoff games for contenders though, can mean tens of millions, plus better odds for the big prize.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

We've done it twice now.

For Jagr, we shall see.

The Bruins gave up the 30th overall pick for Kaberle.  A 30th overall in '72 or '73 would've been a third round pick. 

Tyler Biggs was picked 22nd and had nothing to do with the Bruins.  The Leafs traded our pick to the Ducks who picked Rickard Rakell.

Sections
Shortcuts