As Bruin fans Who do you want in Round 1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

As Bruin fans Who do you want in Round 1?

As of today the B's would face the Leafs. Haven't been to the post season since 2004 & arguably in the top 2 hockey crazed cities on the planet. I think if the B's are to face them, they'll need to put them away early. Like in 4, or 5 games. The longer the series goes on the more confidence this team will get.

Islanders- Another team that hasn't won a play-off series since 1993. Red hot right now, but I really think the B's can handle the Islanders with out much difficulty. With the exception of the Tarves line they don't match the B's in depth, or goaltending. Although Nabokov can get hot, I think the Isles may have blown their wad just getting in.

Rangers- This team could very well be this yrs version of the LA Kings. Lundqvist scares the kief outta me & this Ranger team could surprise a lot of teams.

Capitals- WOW! What a turn around by Ovie & company. Yea I know they play out of the SE Division, but inspite of what some posters have said abut Bradon Holtby this guy has been absolutely brilliant for the Caps & we all know what he's capable of in the play-offs. Yes he allows weak goals, but with the exception of game 1 last yr he never allowed them at crucial times. Oates has this team going on all cylinder's & Ovie is actually playing at both ends of the ice. Brooks Laich is day to day as is Erat. These two help with the depth issues they had last season. 

Senators- Anyone who says this team doesn't have a great coach & lacks character really has been living in the Twilight Zone. And with Karlsson recovering quicker than expected he could very well be back if the Sens take a series to a game 7. This guy will be up for the Hart Trophy some day. I think the B's can handle the Sens, but it won't be easy! 

I want the Sens, or Islanders but they may not be possible. This season play-offs is a "becareful what you wish for" type of season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

Re: As Bruin fans Who do you want in Round 1?

just how the Bs are playing at the moment Carolina would be a good first rounder, but i doubt they'll make to the top 8 ! otherwise toronto

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Love to see them beat the Leafs,but afraid if they lost,would never hear the end of it,so maybee someone else,Rangers scare the crap out of me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to rubberduck's comment:

just how the Bs are playing at the moment Carolina would be a good first rounder, but i doubt they'll make to the top 8 ! otherwise toronto

I hear what you're saying, but I'm really hoping the B's have been playing posseum & will really show their true colors in the play-offs. There's no way Lucic, Peverly (who's starting to come around) & Kelly aren't better than what they've shown this yr. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Any team they play will be tough, there are no easy outs in the East.  However,  I want to see Washington again - strictly for payback purposes.  I think that should be motivation for the B's.  And boy, do they need some motivation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Any team they play will be tough, there are no easy outs in the East.  However,  I want to see Washington again - strictly for payback purposes.  I think that should be motivation for the B's.  And boy, do they need some motivation.

Plus that dirty dirty hendricks plays there.  Horton might get into another fight though so maybe not.  He might have his best game.  But eeek.  A fight.  No way.  This is hockey here.  

I want the leafs.  They dont make it very often.  i would love to end their season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I want the leafs.  They dont make it very often.  i would love to end their season.  

x1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Plus that dirty dirty hendricks plays there.  Horton might get into another fight though so maybe not.  He might have his best game.  But eeek.  A fight.  No way.  This is hockey here.  

That's just it Shupe! Will the motivation of the city going banna's not be a huge boost for this team? I prefer them in the 2nd rd. The 1st round is always the toughest. To be quite honest for the love of the sport over the love of the B's. I really want to see a Montreal & Toronto 1st round matchup. That will be totally insane on our side of the border! Of course you probably won't want that doing what you do for a living, because you'll be breaking up more bar fights than normal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

x1

Equal value?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have confidence, despite my desire to see Julien sacked, that this team will beat anyone in the first round.  Their la-de-da-la-de-da attitude of late won't carry into a game in the Garden when "THIS PLACE IS RUMBLING".

No way.

Clear the tracks of all humans.  The B's Freight Train will destroy any team in it's path.

(in the first round, anyway)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep, that dang Hendricks.  Dirty like a pig.  There is no way we'd EVER want Horton to show some spine and some toughness and take him out.  I mean, what if he got hurt?  Then WHAT WOULD WE DO?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Equal value?

hmmm......let me re-phrase:

X2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

LOL @ JMW.  Good stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

wouldn't it be great if we beat the leafs in the first round and Kessel ended up with no points in the series !!!  i bet we would be opening multiple threads about it LOL .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The standings are very close to

Pitt -rangers

Mtl- ottawa ( it can happen)

Wash -Isl ( same as above)

Bos- Tor

What a great 1st rd that would be, but i really hope its Pitts- rangers,

I dont mind the Bs and toronto.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Pitt -rangers

Bos- Tor

I'd love to see a bubble team sneak in and bump the Rangers.  Islanders in, Rangers out.  Pure comedy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

That's just it Shupe! Will the motivation of the city going banna's not be a huge boost for this team? I prefer them in the 2nd rd. The 1st round is always the toughest. To be quite honest for the love of the sport over the love of the B's. I really want to see a Montreal & Toronto 1st round matchup. That will be totally insane on our side of the border! Of course you probably won't want that doing what you do for a living, because you'll be breaking up more bar fights than normal. 

Bring on the leafs.  They play hard nosed hockey.  It will wake the bears up from their slumber.  And at least people will have an excuse why ST is dressed.  Hopefully he does his job when Orr is running at everyone.  Or he can ask him if he meant to run them, spear them, concuse them etc etc. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Pitt -rangers

Bos- Tor

I'd love to see a bubble team sneak in and bump the Rangers.  Islanders in, Rangers out.  Pure comedy.

might be the jets.  I think everyone else is toast.  Still an outside chance caps could be bounced.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id like to see pitt vs nyr.  I think the rangers can beat them.  I also would like ottawa against montreal.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

the B have a chance to finish ahead of the scabs if they win the games they should win. The scabs have slightly uneasy games coming up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

x1

x2

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I couldn't stomach the Leafs and Kessel bouncing the B's. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i want toronto. I think that's the easiest matchup. The bruins own toronto. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Bruins vs Leafs: The Bruins would already be in the Leafs heads - The Leafs have beaten the Bruins once in two years: Reimer has no Playoff experience (and didn't exactly get any kind of vote of confidence around the Trade Deadline as the Leafs went hard for Kiprusoff); Lupul is in the same boat as Bergeron: Grabovski has been in a rut with a weird stomach ailment: Kessel can't ever seem to get anything going against the B's.  Yes, the ACC will be rocking, but this can and should work for the Bruins too (the Canadian-born guys playing for the Bruins know what playing on this stage means + The B's lived this experience in hockey-mad Vancouver 2 years ago).

The Leafs' fighters will be of no consequence so there goes any Leaf attempts at intimidation and after Orr, Fraser, Mclaren, everyone is young and small, there is no one except maybe Phaneuf who can match any of the Bruins for size and tougness.

Which leads me to the fact that if the Bruins find that again (and hopefully in the next two weeks!)- their size and toughness - no one in the East, not even Pittsburgh, can touch them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Colborne with the Game 7 OT winner.  Yikes.

Sections
Shortcuts