As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

Not worth the money. He got bailed out by his team against Toronto. Beat a Pitt team that had Vokoun in net, and got destroyed against Chicago, falling apart at crunch time once again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

Wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

Davey, this is juniorfalcons - don't respond.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

No, follow people like red that have no clue. Admit, everyone saw the choke coming last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Okay - I have been critical of Rask in the last week or so, but even I'm not crazy enough to say "don't resign him".

Rask is a good goalie. This was essentially his first year of being 'The Man' between the pipes. He is young and received a lot of positive experience this season. Resigning him long term essentially guarantees the Bs competitveness in the NHL in the next few seasons (barring catastrophic injuries to Chara/Bergeron/Krecji/Lucic).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jf19told_ya_so's comment:

Not worth the money. He got bailed out by his team against Toronto. Beat a Pitt team that had Vokoun in net, and got destroyed against Chicago, falling apart at crunch time once again.

Come on now,wouldn't go that far.yeah against Tor and Chi wasn't that good but against NY and Pitts he was great,Thomas had his ups and downs to when they won cup,definetly the finals he was unreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Check this out. This one is for you.

http://austrianeconomists.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451eb0069e2011570ea5170970c-pi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He had better numbers than Thomas in 2011.  Sure it's Rask that choked. It has nothing to do with the lack of scoring. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He had better numbers than Thomas in 2011.  Sure it's Rask that choked. It has nothing to do with the lack of scoring. 

-Gerry Dee

4 Goals in game 7 against the Leafs isn't choking? 2 Goals with under 2 minutes in a cup clinching game isn't choking? Pass that pipe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

4 Goals in game 7 against the Leafs isn't choking? 2 Goals with under 2 minutes in a cup clinching game isn't choking? Pass that pipe.

[/QUOTE]

Don't necessarily disagree with you...I called him out for those things too when I said I didn't think he was clutch in another thread (and caught a lot of heat for it)

But DANG you are getting annoying

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Davey, this is juniorfalcons - don't respond.

God I love the ignore feature. Thanks Red!

You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And instead sign who?  Bryz?  Or get Miller or Luongo?  Who would you like to see in the Bruins goal?

I would look at the fire power Chi had, after all their goalie has no glove hand.  None.  And they managed to clamp down the Bruins forwards to prevent them getting the quality shots that they cold have easily beat Crawford with.

Rask was a fundamental reason for their success, it certainly wasn't Boston's "prolific' goal scoring that they got from their forwards, how many goals did Jagr get?

There's plenty of blame to go around if you want to start blaming people, but the truth is this is a pretty darn good team, second best in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

-Gerry Dee

Better numbers.  No conn and no cup.  I will take tt resume.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Feel free. I'm not sure what you want to do with it though. Maybe the Bruins should try to trade for Fleury because he's a "winner" too. What about Crawford?  I guess he's the best in the league now by your standards. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Feel free. I'm not sure what you want to do with it though. Maybe the Bruins should try to trade for Fleury because he's a "winner" too. What about Crawford?  I guess he's the best in the league now by your standards. 

[/QUOTE]

If the standard is cups then yes.  I think thats why they play.  At the end of the career a gaa means diddlypoo. I sure would like looking at my cup replica and ring though.  And having the best performance by a goalie in the stanley cup finals.  Legacy for me is championships.   

Crawford was a better goalie.   And he also has a cup parade going on this week to prove it.   

If we are doing stats alone loungo is the best goalie in the world.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the standard is cups then yes.  I think thats why they play.  At the end of the career a gaa means diddlypoo. I sure would like looking at my cup replica and ring though.  And having the best performance by a goalie in the stanley cup finals.  Legacy for me is championships.   

Crawford was a better goalie.   And he also has a cup parade going on this week to prove it.   

[/QUOTE]

Really Shupe, where is it you're finding these numbers? I had no idea how many goalies are ahead of Henrik because he's never won and they did. Why do you think Niemi is no longer in Chicago if a Cup ring is the be all, end all? Remember the "value" of Cup rings the next time you want to question Shawn Thornton. He's better than Giroux because he has a Cup rings right? He's way better than Taylor Hall or anyone on the Oilers because they can't even make the playoffs right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Leave it to clueless Dez to say Rask's performance this year is better than Thomas in 2011. It would have been, Dez my ignorant pal, except for one thing, the C-U-P

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Leave it to clueless Dez to say Rask's performance this year is better than Thomas in 2011. It would have been, Dez my ignorant pal, except for one thing, the C-U-P

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

Nobody cares what you have to say. You've proven yourself a simpleton over and over again. Just hush up while the adults are talking. Maybe spend some time making up new nicknames for your "friends" on the Bruins. I'll get ahold of you the next time someone asks for the meathead report.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really Shupe, where is it you're finding these numbers? I had no idea how many goalies are ahead of Henrik because he's never won and they did. Why do you think Niemi is no longer in Chicago if a Cup ring is the be all, end all? Remember the "value" of Cup rings the next time you want to question Shawn Thornton. He's better than Giroux because he has a Cup rings right? He's way better than Taylor Hall or anyone on the Oilers because they can't even make the playoffs right?

[/QUOTE]

1.  Niemi has a cup and was nominated for the vezina.  Chicago dealt off everyone and couldnt afford stars. They couldnt afford their goalie either. 

2. Rask has a cup ring almost as valid as ST.  ST earned his at least by playing.  Very weak pt since we are debating goalies.

3.  Kipper will be remembered as a great goalie.  One minus a cup. Which is what they play for.  Lots of great goalies in the league. Very few champions.  Henrik is a world class elite goalie.  He has never shouldered his team to the finals.  He has no championships(meaning stanley).  He would trade a few more goals against to be named playoff mvp and to have a parade where he was a major factor.  Something rask does not have.  

4. Loungo based on stats over the last 5 yrs would be up with anyone.  Heck the guy you bashed fluery had an amazing stat year based on wins.  

Goalies are here today and gone tomorrow.  meaning they can have a good year followed by subpar.  Fleury is still young enough to turn his act around.  He was awesome in their win and he also took them the year prior.  He also has a gold medal if we wanna give a stat. 

rask played in front of a much more experienced team that in my eyes was better then in 2011.  I dont blame rask.  I think he played well.  I think hes an elite goalie.  I hope they sign him and he wins the cup next year.  I just wont put him in the same league as what TT did until he raises a cup.  I dont care if he wins 10 vezinas in a row.  If he doesnt win the cup how is he any different then loungo right now?   Rask has the 3-0 choke job on his resume.  I think thats worse then anything loungo can be blamed for.  

You dont like TT.  I'm not a huge TT guy either.  But he is champion.  Champions walk together for ever.  Stat guys hope to get in the hall of fame.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Some of you guys belong in a rubber room. In most cases, Rask made the initial save. He didn't get as much help as he should have getting the puck away from their end. He has to stay and will be a great goalie for the Bruins for many years to come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  Niemi has a cup and was nominated for the vezina.  Chicago dealt off everyone and couldnt afford stars. They couldnt afford their goalie either. 

2. Rask has a cup ring almost as valid as ST.  ST earned his at least by playing.  Very weak pt since we are debating goalies.

3.  Kipper will be remembered as a great goalie.  One minus a cup. Which is what they play for.  Lots of great goalies in the league. Very few champions.  Henrik is a world class elite goalie.  He has never shouldered his team to the finals.  He has no championships(meaning stanley).  He would trade a few more goals against to be named playoff mvp and to have a parade where he was a major factor.  Something rask does not have.  

4. Loungo based on stats over the last 5 yrs would be up with anyone.  Heck the guy you bashed fluery had an amazing stat year based on wins.  

Goalies are here today and gone tomorrow.  meaning they can have a good year followed by subpar.  Fleury is still young enough to turn his act around.  He was awesome in their win and he also took them the year prior.  He also has a gold medal if we wanna give a stat. 

rask played in front of a much more experienced team that in my eyes was better then in 2011.  I dont blame rask.  I think he played well.  I think hes an elite goalie.  I hope they sign him and he wins the cup next year.  I just wont put him in the same league as what TT did until he raises a cup.  I dont care if he wins 10 vezinas in a row.  If he doesnt win the cup how is he any different then loungo right now?   Rask has the 3-0 choke job on his resume.  I think thats worse then anything loungo can be blamed for.  

You dont like TT.  I'm not a huge TT guy either.  But he is champion.  Champions walk together for ever.  Stat guys hope to get in the hall of fame.  

[/QUOTE]

Niemi was making 2 per year when he was jettisoned. Now he makes a whopping 3.8 per. That Cup ring argument is weak regardless of who you're using it for but then again, I'm not the one trying to claim a Cup ring trumps all else. My point is that if it suits you for one player then it should be the same for all. You don't need to tell me how weak that argument is. I'm very well aware of it. Whether I like TT is a moot point. The debate is about numbers. You think the 2 extra wins mean everything, regardless of how it was accomplished. I don't. The numbers clearly show that Rask could've won had his team scored 4+ in the Finals as they did for TT. I keep asking people in which Finals games TT was the difference. I've been waiting 2 days for the answer. It seems people think they can just say Cup ring in answer to everything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

OrrEspo, you do sound like a real simpleton with the 'Cup-only' analysis.  I know it is easier to deal with an argument when you take all of the variables out and make it color-by-numbers simple.  But the Stanley Cup playoffs are a complicated thing with lots and lots of variables, and when you dumb it down like that, your slide further and further away from reality and reason.

Thomas was outstanding in 2011 and led the Bruins to a Stanley Cup with a complete team effort.

Rask matched Thomas' performance in 2013, pretty much to a T.  Same numbers, same clutch games, and a better save percentage as a matter of fact.

So what was the difference?  Goal support.  In 2011 the Bruins scored 24 goals in the Stanley Cup, averaging 3.4 per game.  In 2013 the Bruins scored 15 goals in the Stanley Cup, averaging 2.4 per game.  Rask got a full goal less per game in offense.  An extra goal per game, without a doubt, would have been enough for the B's to win it this year (sweep it no less).

The difference between Rask and Thomas is almost indistinguishable.  The difference in the Bruins scoring output was huge -- about a 30% change.  So if you're trying to pinpoint the difference between 2011 and 2013 forget about Rask, and check the facts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

san is gonna yell at us for hogging the space in here.  

yes.  16 wins is what they play for.  TT also has individual awards rask doesnt.  Sure if boston had scored more they win all teams would.  Fact is they didnt.  And no one will remember they didnt score 4 goals a game.   In every aspect right now TT is better.  Champion and individual awards in vezina and conn.  

how about a game 7 for TT.  Win in vancouver.  Shut out And throwing lord stanley over his head.  The games he lost in van should and could have gone our way if we scored more goals.  Maybe we win in 4.  And in those games we wouldnt need 4 goals.  So for the games that were blow outs at home he sure gave the team every chance to win the 1st 2 where he was simply amazing.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

So tt lost every close game in the Finals and won 4 blowouts. Is that statement accurate? 

-Gerry Dee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

OrrEspo, you do sound like a real simpleton with the 'Cup-only' analysis.  I know it is easier to deal with an argument when you take all of the variables out and make it color-by-numbers simple.  But the Stanley Cup playoffs are a complicated thing with lots and lots of variables, and when you dumb it down like that, your slide further and further away from reality and reason.

Thomas was outstanding in 2011 and led the Bruins to a Stanley Cup with a complete team effort.

Rask matched Thomas' performance in 2013, pretty much to a T.  Same numbers, same clutch games, and a better save percentage as a matter of fact.

So what was the difference?  Goal support.  In 2011 the Bruins scored 24 goals in the Stanley Cup, averaging 3.4 per game.  In 2013 the Bruins scored 15 goals in the Stanley Cup, averaging 2.4 per game.  Rask got a full goal less per game in offense.  An extra goal per game, without a doubt, would have been enough for the B's to win it this year (sweep it no less).

The difference between Rask and Thomas is almost indistinguishable.  The difference in the Bruins scoring output was huge -- about a 30% change.  So if you're trying to pinpoint the difference between 2011 and 2013 forget about Rask, and check the facts.

Fletch.  TT played in 3 gm 7s. Which included two blowouts in the finals. He had shutouts in 2 game 7s.   how about clutch factor.  

Sections
Shortcuts