As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh great, goalies have shown up now. Seriously though, I will look back years from now and remember Henrik as one of the best of his generation, regardless of whether he eventually wins a Cup. On the other hand, I won't say that about Osgood, regardless of how much post season jewelry he owns. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

I don't think one has to be a goalie to think Thomas had a terriifc playoff run and so did Rask. Rask didnt win the Cup, doesnt change the fact that he played well enough to now be considered elite in my eyes. . As for Lundqvist, I said it after the Ranger series, how many times can a team lose in 5 games and say the goalie was stellar. He was. I dont judge goalies or players by Cup rings.  I think Dan Marino is the best quarterback I've ever seen.

[/QUOTE]

Just giving you goalies the business. I'm actually glad you guys chimed in with your own perspectives. Marino was indeed a stud QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

In 03' I thought TT could be a "good goalie". In 06' I thought he could be great. In 08' I knew he was great. In 09' I thought Rask could be great. In 10' I thought he could be great. In 13' I KNOW he's GREAT! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i didn't go back far enough on TT, sorry about that folks, I guess he is 3-3 and
     in '08, so that's 12 goals in 6 game 7s...not bad though.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]

tell me what TT would've done differently. 

Body checked him out of the crease!

BTW- I'm not in the Tuukka choked cult.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chef09's comment:

[QUOTE]

tell me what TT would've done differently. 

Body checked him out of the crease!

BTW- I'm not in the Tuukka choked cult.

Who? Neither Bolland nor Bickell were actually in the crease and regardless, you need to track the puck or else you'll look like Thomas did at the Winter Classic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I watched the goals of the finals last night.  I didn't keep count, but it seemed to me like Crawford was beaten flat out on many shots and just a few scrambling type goals on 2nd shot in the paint and that kind of thing.  Nothing comes to mind as far as Rask getting out right beaten like a rented mule, there might have been some, but I don't recall any.

Rask is not a scrambler like Thomas, so naturally Rask will have many less glamorous looking saves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I watched the goals of the finals last night.  I didn't keep count, but it seemed to me like Crawford was beaten flat out on many shots and just a few scrambling type goals on 2nd shot in the paint and that kind of thing.  Nothing comes to mind as far as Rask getting out right beaten like a rented mule, there might have been some, but I don't recall any.

Rask is not a scrambler like Thomas, so naturally Rask will have many less glamorous looking saves.

BH, he's also less likely to give up a goal while he's behind the net too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that.  I think TT was a good goaler, but I think he was over rated.  I personally don't like him and I hope he goes the way of Luongo this coming season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that.  I think TT was a good goaler, but I think he was over rated.  I personally don't like him and I hope he goes the way of Luongo this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

He was a fine goalie who's ego grew like a wildfire. I wanted to see him play again just for the pick but honestly don't really care anymore. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Right now the defenition of the difference between the two is "one has a cup as a starter, the other doesn't". Rask will get his there, no doubt in my mind.

PS. After game 6, I watched the replays of Krejci and Seidenberg missing clear-outs attempts during the mad scramble after Chicago goalie was pulled. The statement "game of inches" is an under statment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Right now the defenition of the difference between the two is "one has a cup as a starter, the other doesn't". Rask will get his there, no doubt in my mind.

PS. After game 6, I watched the replays of Krejci and Seidenberg missing clear-outs attempts during the mad scramble after Chicago goalie was pulled. The statement "game of inches" is an under statment.

San, have a look at Horton during the tieing goal.

I don't have much hair to pull out, I was pulling out my scalp.

Sections
Shortcuts